2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Want geelong or north twice over Sydney or Hawks then. At minimum we would want north or geelong twice otherwise for sure we would have the hardest draw of any team

I'm not really fazed by who we play if we get a hard draw so be it. I'm more concerned about the time slots the game are played in. Sunday twilight for the Fremantle game should be on Saturday night and it also gives us 1 less day to prepare for round 2.

Agreed, fingers, toes, legs and everything else crossed that it is Geelong we will face. Freo then Hawks could be a disasterous start..... I suppose it could also be amazing, but it doesn't take a genius to realise we'd prefer Geelong.

Edit appears it will be Sydney which is a surprise. How we draw an 8 day break team, after a trip to perth is beyond me.

Does make me wonder a bit with Sydney getting Essendon first round with potential bans on their players.

Also if people remember this year the Swans and Freo both started the year really slow. They lost easy games and looked sluggish. They hit their peak round 6 onwards. Where we started like a house on fire.

Ummm

Rd1 Collingwood v Freo 46-116 Win
Rd2 Freo v GCS 87-39 Win
Rd3 Hawks v Freo 137 v 79 Loss
Rd4 Freo v Essendon 113-60 Win

3 from 4 with th eonly loss being to the premiers on their home deck, I'd take that anyday I reckon.

We have 23 dounds not 22 because there is a bye.

Either way if we play round 1 away, round 23 will be home. And what the bye means is we can play 2 away in a row either side of the bye if needed to align that.

The same way it has operated for many years. If you start away you finish at home.

Either way if we play round 1 away, round 23 will be home. And what the bye means is we can play 2 away in a row either side of the bye if needed to align that.

The same way it has operated for many years. If you start away you finish at home.

FFS
Round 1 v Carlton at Docklands ie AWAY
Round 23 v Freo at Subi ie AWAY

Last edited:
Agreed, fingers, toes, legs and everything else crossed that it is Geelong we will face. Freo then Hawks could be a disasterous start..... I suppose it could also be amazing, but it doesn't take a genius to realise we'd prefer Geelong.

Edit appears it will be Sydney which is a surprise. How we draw an 8 day break team, after a trip to perth is beyond me.

That's a bloody joke.

How about giving Hawthorn freo away and sydney the 1st 2 games after going back to back.
Typical VFL mentality.

Would love to see there reaction.

I don't see the point in speculating to be honest, we could end up playing in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth for the last three consecutive rounds of the season.

There is no rhyme or reason to what the AFL will do - except of course keeping the Vic powerhouses happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS

Well both Adelaide teams played away in round 1 to be fair because Adelaide Oval wasn't ready. If it were we probably would have had our home Showdown round 1.

FFS

Did you mean 2014 RussellEbertHandball

My understanding was that this was a result of AO not being available for the first week. If you look at the other mob, they played Geelong Away Round 1 and played St Kilda at home Round 23.

In 2013 we played Melbourne Away Round 1 and Carlton at Home in Round 23

Well both Adelaide teams played away in round 1 to be fair because Adelaide Oval wasn't ready. If it were we probably would have had our home Showdown round 1.

Bloody hell, I did it again - Jumped the gun.

That was my understanding as well Kickpuncher

Did you mean 2014 RussellEbertHandball

My understanding was that this was a result of AO not being available for the first week. If you look at the other mob, they played Geelong Away Round 1 and played St Kilda at home Round 23.

In 2013 we played Melbourne Away Round 1 and Carlton at Home in Round 23

Yes 2014 - my bad.

I don't mind the away game to Freo as a start to the year, as others have said gets it out of the way. Would prefer Saturday night to Sunday to give the team a longer rest and because I think the match up deserves it.

Also don't mind the tough start of Freo, Swans, Crows if correct. The last 2 years we have jumped out of the gate and found ourselves at the top of the ladder before slumping. If we start well again in 2015 then we will be a game up on some of our finals competitors.

So first 4 weeks could be Freo Swans Crows and Cats. A month of great weather to maximize our running power. And no need to over celebrate a showdown and post game let down like last year.

So first 4 weeks could be Freo Swans Crows and Cats. A month of great weather to maximize our running power. And no need to over celebrate a showdown and post game let down like last year.

I like that draw

Just hanging out to find out our Victoria games for 2015, and every team we didn't play at Adelaide Oval last year I hope we get there next year. That being Collingwood, North Melbourne, West Coast, Gold Coast, GWS and Richmond* (didn't play them there in the home and away).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back