2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The good thing about it is that Fremantle will be up for it, the same way that Carlton and then Adelaide were built up as gettable wins by the opposition. If you want a team that will live by the mantra of playing every game the way you would on GF day, Freo away is about as tough an ask as you can get, because there will be no complacency.

Round 1 - Fremantle
Round 2 - Sydney
Round 3 - Adelaide?
Round 4 - Geelong?

That's the stuff dreams are made of if you like the idea of getting stuck into arrogant teams supporters. I can feel another preview thread coming on when the fixture is announced...

Cheers Seanybruz

Or go to Inbox on top right corner - to the right of your user name - either click on that, or hold your cursor on it, and you will get a Start Conversation option.

I will be in the UK for 3 rounds in May but unless Port are drawn for consecutive home games in April or May I should only miss one home game. Going to Dublin on the 28th April and I'll be going to Scotland and Cambridge. Probably go to London for a couple of days at the end of my trip. Or to Sandwich, where I have a cousin.

This whole fixture thing gets me mad. It's total BS. The fans have stated that all they want is a fair draw but it's never going to happen. What hope do port have with a crow running the show and a crow running the FIXture. I hope the rumours about CWood being heavily consulted re the FIXture have no substance otherwise the Afl are worse than pathetic. End of rant

This whole fixture thing gets me mad. It's total BS. The fans have stated that all they want is a fair draw but it's never going to happen. What hope do port have with a crow running the show and a crow running the FIXture. I hope the rumours about CWood being heavily consulted re the FIXture have no substance otherwise the Afl are worse than pathetic. End of rant
Don't worry about the fixture. If you're good enough you win the premiership. I'd rather be facing tough opposition in tough circumstances throughout the minor round because it's good preparation for finals. I can't remember whether our fixture in 2004 was good, bad or indifferent. It didn't matter, we were the best team. We won the flag. Last year Hawthorn had a harder fixture than anyone. It didn't matter. They were the best team and they won the flag.

Don't worry about the fixture. If you're good enough you win the premiership. I'd rather be facing tough opposition in tough circumstances throughout the minor round because it's good preparation for finals. I can't remember whether our fixture in 2004 was good, bad or indifferent. It didn't matter, we were the best team. We won the flag. Last year Hawthorn had a harder fixture than anyone. It didn't matter. They were the best team and they won the flag.
In the 2004 minor round we played 11 games against finalists from the previous year. Our record against finalists was 8-3 and we doubled up against 4 teams from the 2003 finals, Essendon, Collingwood, West Coast and the cows. However, our draw was a bit easier than it would be today as two of those were from the top 6, two from the middle 6 and we also doubled up against teams from the bottom 4 twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had an initial fear that my brothers wedding was the day of the first game at AO. Thankfully it was the weekend after. Would've been out of the family otherwise.

I know I'd rather be sitting among Freo fans at Subiaco than neck-deep in stripper **** and cheap prime rib.
Most of us spend enough on footy for a season that we have actually made that decision...I find this very unsettling.

So if some of the rumours are true, we could be playing Freo, Crows, Geelong, and Hawthorn to start the year. Talk about a trial by fire.

So if some of the rumours are true, we could be playing Freo, Crows, Geelong, and Hawthorn to start the year. Talk about a trial by fire.

All I see there is 4 W's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back