2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Games I attend to go over to Adelaide for or least would like to go over for are:

Hawthorn ANZAC Day
Geelong (Queen's Birthday Weekend I think???)
GWS (Few days before my birthday, Saturday Twilight)

Top two are great choices :)

Will definitely fly over for the Sydney and Hawthorn games early in the year, and I think the West Coast game is Mother's Day so I know where she'll want to go for that! Didn't get to see the Friday night game against Carlton so I'll do my best for that one. Thursday nights are tricky for me to get to Adelaide flying wise but it's Collingwood so I'll probably be there lol, not missing the showdown either. Will be there against Freo late in the year too hopefully.

Come to think of it, I think it's more of a case of which games I won't be at as opposed to the ones I will be. Velocity points and status credits about to go through the roof once again!

Agree. is a tough draw but there's no team in the AFL we can't beat next year.

On the flipside we can't get cocky, one game at a time...and other platitudes.
One thing's for sure: the players won't be cocky. Our boys are on a mission: they're hell bent on going at least one step further in 2015. Anything less will be considered a failure!!!

Can't be bothered reading back 35 pages, but seriously, what's the deal with us vs North Melbourne. This will now be 3 years in a row where we've travelled to play them, while in those 3 years, they haven't played us in Adelaide once. What's going on with that?

Can't be bothered reading back 35 pages, but seriously, what's the deal with us vs North Melbourne. This will now be 3 years in a row where we've travelled to play them, while in those 3 years, they haven't played us in Adelaide once. What's going on with that?

They're just delaying the inevitable.

The AFL know Norf need all the help they can get. Barring an injury blitz like we suffered last year or a bum tapping McInerney frenzy of the year before - we will destroy these pretenders in 2015.

Do the NRL go by this same procedure by making higher ranked teams have a tougher draw? what happens if we dropped most games and missed the 8 (won't happen of course) and lower ranked teams make the 8 because they had such a soft draw? to me AFL equalisation is just stupid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that game in 2013 when we came from behind and Paul Stewart kicked the sealer at AAMI?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that game in 2013 when we came from behind and Paul Stewart kicked the sealer at AAMI?

Wasn't that in 2012?

North and Essendon are must-beats. Only two clubs Ken is yet to get a win over as senior coach of the PAFC.

I am surprised you guys struggle with the Bombers, do you cop them early in the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL pay zero attention to runs, we had a bried respite for a year or two but generally always play Geelong in Geelong every year, Fremantle is a team we rarely ever get at home unless we play them twice, next year we play them twice.

You would have thought that they could flp it so we played Crows here and Port at AO. We quite often play the Crows in SA when we only play once.

not until round 17 on saturday night at etihad

I meant historically, just checked and you played them round 15 and 16 last couple of seasons, they are not generally a strong finishing side but typically start seasons very strong, curious. Doesn't seem to be a logical reason why they have the wood on you guys.

Yeah lost the past 5, last beat them in 2010. Worst thing about it is that we dominated them for so long but now the tables appear to have turned :(

Should be a great game to watch next year with Ryder playing for you guys.

I meant historically, just checked and you played them round 15 and 16 last couple of seasons, they are not generally a strong finishing side but typically start seasons very strong, curious. Doesn't seem to be a logical reason why they have the wood on you guys.
Last few years we start strong and then mid year we crash and then around finals we play well again. If Essendon has met us mid season then that is perhaps why we can't beat them.

Last few years we start strong and then mid year we crash and then around finals we play well again. If Essendon has met us mid season then that is perhaps why we can't beat them.

That could be it, forgot you have had a slump both years before picking up again.

i'd say it coincides with our heavier training load in the last 2 years at that point of the season, if we played them in september they would of copped a similar hiding to richmond.

2011 and 2012 we were s**t and only played 3/4's then ran out of puff against most sides. 2012 we were 3pts down at 3/4 at Footy Park round 16 or so and then lost by 52pts. So there is 3 losses in a row in those 2 years.

2013 - we dont play well at Docklands - when we had all the momentum we kicked 1-6 in the last quarter instead of 6-1. Even Schulz missed 2 set shot sitters. Last year we picked the wrong side against them, too short, was the first wet weather game, played stupid dry weather footy for all of the first half and kicked s**t for goal again 7.16 but lost by 2 pts.

2011 and 2012 we were s**t and only played 3/4's then ran out of puff against most sides. 2012 we were 3pts down at 3/4 at Footy Park round 16 or so and then lost by 52pts. So there is 3 losses in a row in those 2 years.

2013 - we dont play well at Docklands - when we had all the momentum we kicked 1-6 in the last quarter instead of 6-1. Even Schulz missed 2 set shot sitters. Last year we picked the wrong side against them, too short, was the first wet weather game, played stupid dry weather footy for all of the first half and kicked s**t for goal again 7.16 but lost by 2 pts.

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into the pre-Hinkley games. I remember that game this year was watching it, was a very strange game, was always expecting Port to over-run the Bombers. 7.18 vs 8.14, very frustrating games to watch when you miss so much.

i'd say it coincides with our heavier training load in the last 2 years at that point of the season, if we played them in september they would of copped a similar hiding to richmond.

Do teams actually do heavy training loads during the season any longer since these sports science guys have taken over? I know Hinkley was asked that question this year and he said it was bullshit but I often wonder if the program is changed at all due to players getting injured and having niggling injuries, it is probably more logical that teams have more lighter weeks mid way through the season for player management reasons and that could impact how switched on clubs are.

We had huge issues this year, we had a lot of 6 day breaks this year and we had light training in those weeks and we often came out lethargic the following week. Curious, would be interesting to see if clubs open up a bit on the type of training they do.

Commercially sound draw but i'm not completely chuffed about the start we've been given. As the 3rd ranked side we play the 1st, 2nd, 4th & 5th ranked sides in the first month and then follow that up with a showdown. I like the bring it on attitude and arguably our best footy has come in the opening rounds of the last 2 seasons but still can't help but feel hard done by.
On the flip side our run home is pretty soft but not sure that is a good thing either.
Look at it this way, how many of those teams would be pencilling a win after our recent starts to a season? I would suggest they would not be looking forward to playing us more so than the other way around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back