2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you are only half serious but equalisation goes out the window in round 23 when the finals are on the radar - then the top teams deserve the fixture breaks as they would have well and truly earned them.

I mean you send last years premiers to Perth in r23. The same clubs winning flags year after year is a bore. So make it harder for the premier

I know you are only half serious but equalisation goes out the window in round 23 when the finals are on the radar - then the top teams deserve the fixture breaks as they would have well and truly earned them.
I would prefer to see us get our wins without having it easy. Not out of some misguided sense of pride but because the premier for the last 2 years has got there by playing and overcoming the best. In particular, Hawthorns' 2013 draw did them no favours.

If you accept the 8-day vs 7-day break argument we should have beaten Collingwood. The teams who lose after short breaks are the ones who complain about them e.g. cows lost to Richmond 6 days after beating Brisbane at the Gabba. Sando slagged off at the 6-day break and the heat vociferously in the tiser.

Last edited:
2013 our last round opponent was Carlton, who we were incidentally battling it out with for 8th spot. 2014 our last round opponent was Fremantle, who we were incidentally battling it out for 4th spot.

I'm curious to know who our last round opponent will be in 2015!

2013 our last round opponent was Carlton, who we were incidentally battling it out with for 8th spot. 2014 our last round opponent was Fremantle, who we were incidentally battling it out for 4th spot.

I'm curious to know who our last round opponent will be in 2015!
Hawks for minor premier

15 days can't go quick enough.

and massive lol at Adelaide requesting Hawthorn at home 1st home game. As if the AFL will take away the Easter monday game away from Gee and Haw when they get 70-80k to that game.

and massive lol at Adelaide requesting Hawthorn at home 1st home game. As if the AFL will take away the Easter monday game away from Gee and Haw when they get 70-80k to that game.
Actually 171 days can't go quick enough (April 4 - our first game). I'm over the cricket already :)

Lockhart Road will like this (as I do) but according to 5AA last night our number one request was to have a home game on the ANZAC round with the 25th falling on a Saturday in 2015. Number 2 was more blockbuster home games on Saturday night. Number 3 was for two Friday night home games.

Their thinking on that would be that they played Hawthorn in the first game of 2012 and "missed out on a GF by a kick" - I can see where they are going with that ;)

Lockhart Road will like this (as I do) but according to 5AA last night our number one request was to have a home game on the ANZAC round with the 25th falling on a Saturday in 2015. Number 2 was more blockbuster home games on Saturday night. Number 3 was for two Friday night home games.

Also more games at the MCG was in there.

I think something will have to give, and maybe more games at the MCG might have to be it.

We'll get the 2 Friday Night home games, We'll get the ANZAC Day home game (hopefully against Victorian opponents (maybe/hopefully Richmond))

Did I just hear Caro say that the AFL is trying to get us 3 Friday night games?

Yes but based on what she and someone else said, think Dwayne - its 2 home and 1 away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get ANZAC rd game at home - ANZAC day is the Saturday - that means we will play home weekend of 11 and 25 April ie rd 2 and 4 and the crows will get home games on weekend of 4 and 18 of April ie rd 1 and 3.

After last years stuff up in scheduling by the AFL and late start due to World Cup the AFL are going to schedule as many blokbusters as possible in the first few rounds. I expect the crows to get a homeshowdown either rd 1 or 3.

Last edited:
I think we will get Friday night or Sunday twighlight.

Saturday will probably be Coll v Ess , then Saints in NZ and then the Freo's Len Hall game. They might do 2 Saturday night games but I doubt it.

ANZAC Day will be round 3 right? You'd have to imagine Crows will get either the first game at AO this year or the first Showdown, perhaps both?
Reckon Showdown will be either round 2 or 4.

My guess for double up games this year will be: Adelaide, Essendon, West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane.

ANZAC Day will be round 3 right? You'd have to imagine Crows will get either the first game at AO this year or the first Showdown, perhaps both?

My guess for double up games this year will be: Adelaide, Essendon, West Coast, Geelong and Brisbane.

Didnt you read my post above? Saturday 25th is Rd 4. Rd 1 is the 4th with easter Monday on the 6th. Rd 2 the Saturday is the 11th and Rd 3 the Saturday is the 18th.

Didnt you read my post above? Saturday 25th is Rd 4. Rd 1 is the 4th with easter Monday on the 6th. Rd 2 the Saturday is the 11th and Rd 3 the Saturday is the 18th.

In my head the 4th to the 25th represents 3 weeks thus in my head that logically said to me that it was 3 rounds. I think a hangover coupled with the Zyrtec are making me rather slow today.

After last years stuff up in scheduling by the AFL and late start due to World Cup the AFL are going to schedule as many blokbusters as possible in the first few rounds. I expect the crows to get a homeshowdown either rd 1 or 3.

So the tingles get Easter Sunday 12.40 game against GWS then? :D

Won't our double up games be against top 6 sides, except the showdown?

Won't our double up games be against top 6 sides, except the showdown?

Not quite. Because we finished in the top third we will have double up games against three top six opponents (so we will play three of Hawthorn, Sydney, North, Fremantle and Geelong twice), one against a middle six opponent (guaranteed to be Adelaide) and one against a bottom six opponent.

Not quite. Because we finished in the top third we will have double up games against three top six opponents (so we will play three of Hawthorn, Sydney, North, Fremantle and Geelong twice), one against a middle six opponent (guaranteed to be Adelaide) and one against a bottom six opponent.
Cheers

Last year the fixture rules for finishing top 6 re double up games were
1-6 either 2 or 3 teams from this band.
7-12 either 1 or 2
13-18 either 0 or 1

I reckon we will get west coast twice this year - we are due a double up against them so we might get 2+2+1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back