2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If anyone knows our home and away schedule for August 2015 re when we r at home during this month would be really appreciated. trying to plan trip OS and the cheap flights are disappearing really quickly. Having to wait till next Thursday is a pain in the butt. Only factual info not guesses

PAFC forever

All Australian
Feb 28, 2005
Ingle Farm, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PA Magpies, Sheffield Wednesday
Swap Richmond with Collingwood as a night game and your on the money

IRRC port asked for that to be a home Saturday night game

I think Collingwood is more probable given we didn't play them at home this season.

Sydney,Hawthorn and Freo again. Hope not. We should double up with Geelong next year

I'm thinking the AFL will give us a hard draw given that we finished 3rd overall this season but Geelong could also be in the mix as well.

aussielondon

Senior List
Sep 13, 2014
United Kingdom
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United F.C.
I am hoping we get as many away games at the MCG as possible as this will get us ready for the Grand Final (if we are to make it there). I'd say we request as many MCG games as possible.

aussielondon

Senior List
Sep 13, 2014
United Kingdom
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United F.C.
If anyone knows our home and away schedule for August 2015 re when we r at home during this month would be really appreciated. trying to plan trip OS and the cheap flights are disappearing really quickly. Having to wait till next Thursday is a pain in the butt. Only factual info not guesses
Mate just book the trip for what suits you, if you miss games then it's not good but then your life and holidays and such come before going to a football match.
Btw where you planning to travel to?
I have traveled alot and I currently live in London, so I am curious as travel is awesome!

fireboy

Cancelled
Oct 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is that a thing we care about? rather we developed something that stood alone. :mad:

For example we had something a bit artificial going with Fremantle about 10 years ago. Now would be the time to reboot that, on the back of a fierce rivalry in 2014 and probably the same for a couple of years yet :eek:

Are you serious :drunk:

Did you attend this years ANZAC game at AO?

There is only one of them a year
Most football Clubs would give their all to have one . Just ask Essendon Collingwood to give it up
A regular opponent, at Adelaide Oval alternating with their home ground.

Our pre match function, game as a spectacle at AO this year stood alone. Blew Geelong's Hierarchy away

That was the first it WILL only get better.

LR REH please if you would.

End of rant :mad:

fireboy

Cancelled
Oct 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Da
Damn right we should care. I'm from the veterans community and I can say from first hand knowledge that the crows have done nothing to deserve anything to do with ANZAC Day. Port on the other hand have been absolutely outstanding in support of the veterans community and involvement with those that recently deployed to Afghanistan. I'm not fussed with who we play but we definitely deserve that honour in South Australia to host the game.

Thankyou

Da
Damn right we should care. I'm from the veterans community and I can say from first hand knowledge that the crows have done nothing to deserve anything to do with ANZAC Day. Port on the other hand have been absolutely outstanding in support of the veterans community and involvement with those that recently deployed to Afghanistan. I'm not fussed with who we play but we definitely deserve that honour in South Australia to host the game.

What we are trying to do with ANZAC day round is very similar to what Freo have done with their Len Hall game. Plus it ties in with what we are doing with the veterans community, with the centenary of commemerations activities, the work with defence contractors and the whole move of AWD destroyers being built in our backyard as well as maybe the next generation of subs.

Getting an ANZAC round home game is very high on the club's adgenda. Some peolple dont get it. Thankfully those at the club do.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
The double ups

Hawthorn
Sydney
Fremantle
Richmond
Adelaide

Friday night games

Hawthorn (MCG)
Carlton (AO)
Collingwood (AO)

If this was accurate we would probably have the hardest schedule of any side. Miss out on the weakest of the top 6 (geelong kangaroos) and get arguably the strongest 7-12 team (Richmond) twice.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
The double ups

Hawthorn
Sydney
Fremantle
Richmond
Adelaide

Friday night games

Hawthorn (MCG)
Carlton (AO)
Collingwood (AO)

If this was accurate we would probably have the hardest schedule of any side. Miss out on the weakest of the top 6 (geelong kangaroos) and get arguably the strongest 7-12 team (Richmond) twice.

Is that a thing we care about? I'd rather we developed something that stood alone.
For example we had something a bit artificial going with Fremantle about 10 years ago. Now would be the time to reboot that, on the back of a fierce rivalry in 2014 and probably the same for a couple of years yet.

Yes the ANZAC day fixture and recognition of the day the club cares deeply about. We were around for all those wars and lost players in all those wars. (Apologies in advance), put very crassly into "marketing" terms, a focus on our genuine links to ANZAC day emphasises our club's heritage, massively differentiating us from every one of the plastic franchises including most obviously our local enemy.

By comparision, a "Dockside cup" or a "Carr Cup" whatever Freo may want to call it stinks of trying too hard to manufacture heritage.

I'd prefer to see a Quinn Cup with Geelong. That's at least got some real provenance.

What we are trying to do with ANZAC day round is very similar to what Freo have done with their Len Hall game. Plus it ties in with what we are doing with the veterans community, with the centenary of commemerations activities, the work with defence contractors and the whole move of AWD destroyers being built in our backyard as well as maybe the next generation of subs.

Getting an ANZAC round home game is very high on the club's adgenda. Some peolple dont get it. Thankfully those at the club do.

In fact it's Item # 1 on the Club's agenda for the 2015 draw.
And, as fireboy points out, it should be a stand-alone game, certainly was on ANZAC Sunday this year.

PAFC's ANZAC policy has torn more than feathers off the Crows as far as veterans' popularity club vs club is concerned. The relevant thread, recently resurrected, tells the story.
When you're on to a winning formula, go for it and don't hold back.
As Teddy Roosevelt was reputedly the first to say: "If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mate just book the trip for what suits you, if you miss games then it's not good but then your life and holidays and such come before going to a football match.
Btw where you planning to travel to?
I have traveled alot and I currently live in London, so I am curious as travel is awesome!

Exactly what my partner says but I think I'll wait. Heading to Portugal, Madeira and London. Quick trip this year. Agree re travelling. Love the history and architecture in Europe.

aussielondon

Senior List
Sep 13, 2014
United Kingdom
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United F.C.
Exactly what my partner says but I think I'll wait. Heading to Portugal, Madeira and London. Quick trip this year. Agree re travelling. Love the history and architecture in Europe.
Man I live in East London, been here for a few years now, I am near where the Olympics was in Stratford.
If you come around here lets grab a pint. I can show you around London, I can get into some clubs here for free as I know the staff and bouncers, so I could get you in.

I never got to Lisbon but Oporto is a great little city.
Lived off 'chorizo'-like sausages, those freshly grilled sardines and about a bottle of port a day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back