Preview 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate the corrupted draw. North have it on easy street yet again. Why can't the draw be made fair to all clubs.

Top 6 play each other twice, middle 6 once away and bottom 6 once at home = 22 games
Middle 6 play each other twice, top 6 once at home, bottom 6 once away
Bottom 6 play each other twice, top 6 once away, middle 6 once at home

Makes it easier for teams to move up the ladder and for more games to be closer.
3 groups or conferences, 2 teams from the top 6, two teams from the bottom 6, and two from the middle each play each other twice. Then each team plays the teams from the other 2 groups (or conferences) once each... end result, 22 game fixture.

Also played them in WA that same season.

The last time that we played them once and had that game be our home game was in 2008.

What gives?
We played them @ Etihad twice in 2013. Once for nab and once in the season. We didn't play them in Perth that year.

Round Opponent Result Total Wins
1 Richmond Win 1
2 West Coast Win 2
3 Essendon Loss
4 St. Kilda Win 3
5 Collingwood Win 4
6 Brisbane Loss
7 GWS Win 5
8 Geelong Win 6
9 Sydney Loss
10 Adelaide Win 7
11 Port Adelaide Loss
12 Gold Coast Loss
13 Western Melbourne Win 8
14 Richmond Loss
15 Fremantle Loss
16 Hawthorn Loss
17 North Melbourne Loss
18 Collingwood Win 9
19 Brisbane Loss
20 Melbourne Win 10
21 GWS Loss
22 Hawthorn Loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I'm angry. That fixture gives every Carlton member every reason under the sun to be beyond angry with the AFL. There's not a single thing in that fixture that tells you that Carlton finished in the bottom 6 this year.

We just got bent over and we're expected to take it? Bullshit. Enough is enough.

Yet teams like North Melbourne finish just outside the eight and get given dream draws like this past year.
I don't mind having to play the Top 4 teams rather than the bottom. Justifies that we are a legit threat!

dont mind the look of it but feel for our SA supporters, one at least in adelaide would've been fair

Not fair at all to our SA supporter base yet we have 2 games in WA! :thumbsdown:

Nothing against the 2 WA games but there needs to be more of a fair balance with interstate games.

We also play 2 games in NSW and 1 at the Gabba.

I will be making a complaint re no Adelaide game and will not be forking out $143 for an interstate membership. The $50 one will do

I don't blame you at all.
Totally wrong not even one game in SA! :thumbsdown:
#AFLFixtureFAIL

Seriously - FFS you mainland 'Interstaters' are complete whingers... Try living in Tassie where EVERY game you have no choice but to Arrange Flights & Accommodation to Melbourne, then have to arrange to pay extra for reserve seats because you can't take the chance of Flight costs and not be guaranteed a seat when you get there. AND the AFL won't let us get our own team, so thus we have to put up with State money going to Fricken' Hawthorn, who play 200km North of the CAPITAL CITY!!!!

I'll be paying my $143 Interstate membership because I love my club!!! :mad:

/RANT

Heard from a friend, just a rumour Blues playing GWS twice

One game at Spotless Stadium in Sydney and surprisingly second game in Manuka Oval, Blues home game must be gettjng $$$$ to play up their but don't think is a reliable source. Guess find out tomorrow
My hopes were high only to be dashed by the release of the fixture this morning.

Try living in Tassie where EVERY game you have no choice but to Arrange Flights & Accommodation to Melbourne, then have to arrange to pay extra for reserve seats because you can't take the chance of Flight costs and not be guaranteed a seat when you get there.

Quit your whining. *Essendon are emigrating to Bellerive for the 2016 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back