Preview 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesnt work that way. The bottom 6 teams are supposed to get an easier draw based on this formula;
Bottom 6 play either none or at most one top 6 team twice.
Play middle 6 teams at most twice or at least once.
Play bottom 6 teams at most 3 times and at least twice.

Based on this we wont be playing Lions, GWS, Demons, Saints and Dogs twice, at most we will play 3 of them twice.
We can still play a top 6 team twice and based on this formula we shouldnt be playing all of Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon twice as these are middle 6 teams and at most we can only play 2 of them twice.
But the AFL will do what it wants and dont hold your breath hoping for an easy draw.

Agree, AFL make business decisions on what games generate more $$$$

I go to at least one interstate game as well.
I wonder if the trip to NZ will count as one of our interstate trips or do we only get 16 games in Melbourne?
I would love to play Hawks in Tassie.

Won't happen. Blues v Hawks always play annually on Friday night in Victoria and do well in getting decent crowd and ratings. Doubt AFL will let 2 big drawing Vic teams play interstate

Yes, you are right.
Lets hope we play North in Tassie then.:)

Won't happen either lol. Again AFL love having North v Blues at Etihad on a Friday night. Been last few years and full house and electric, no reason to change something that works

Most teams Hawks and North play in Tassie are teams that are small drawing Vic clubs or Interstate teams. 2 big Vic teams don't face off interstate

Saints v Blues in NZL makes sense as St Kilda not massive drawing club and Blues can help over next few years generate crowds abroad. Gives ops both Saints & Blues to build up this event

I know but I love the sound of the crowd, the sound of the ball being kicked, anyway you get the drift.

It is like I can't stand listening to tennis commentating but you can't mute because you can't hear the sound of the ball being hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing given you will be fielding a makeshift team next year. Maybe that's behind the AFLa decision knowing they won't be a big drawcard

Exactly obviously giving the drugies an easy ride ;-)

Just makes the time we do play each other all the more intense.
Even more intense? That's hard to imagine.

It will be incredibly odd not playing you twice though- it's all I've ever known, considering I started following football as a tiny tacker in...1993.

Even more intense? That's hard to imagine.

It will be incredibly odd not playing you twice though- it's all I've ever known, considering I started following football as a tiny tacker in...1993.

True. There really is something between these two footy clubs that I don't see when we play anyone else.
Was unusual only playing Richmond once this year, but even more so only playing you guys once next year.

True. There really is something between these two footy clubs that I don't see when we play anyone else.
Was unusual only playing Richmond once this year, but even more so only playing you guys once next year.
Yeah. There is one thing that the supporters of Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon have been able to take for granted for the past 22-23 years- we'll always play twice. Richmond have mostly joined that trio of late (for Carlton and Essendon- not for Collingwood, this is the first time they'll play twice since 2007, which is bizarre), but certainly not quite to the level of the former three.

Oh well, let's hope it's a cracker, whenever it ends up being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back