• Yeah

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

9-12 wins based on what we've seen this year, of course we could improve.

Tough last 4 for mine, with no easy wins, Syd, Rich, Geel and Ess

Rounds 13-15 will kill us, Freo away, Hawks then Port away.

God, how hideous is that mid-year stretch?

Round 11 vs GWS will be the only win we have for at least a month. Hope it's a good one to re-watch...

we have to win majority of the early games as a cushion heading in to the mid season stretch

Are you including the last game as a Sunday game as that may change dependant on out ladder position at the end of the year.

We have Richmond, North, GWS and the Bulldogs on Sundays.

B1JpyN_CIAAEmd0.jpg

This is the best draw I can remember us getting. We don't play one top four side twice. We normally play all of them twice.

Edit: That said, we play one more away game seeing as though we have to play Sydney at their home ground (SCG) instead of ours (Stadium Australia).

North have done well again with their double up games.
After finishing 4th, they get Geelong and Freo (5th and 6th), missing out on meeting the top 3 twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything we could have wished for in a fixture that is designed to make money for the AFL.
Sure, a fairly tough little section of Freo (away), Hawks and Port (away) but I think next year once again will be a development year for the club so no harm done learning to play those 3 back to back.

Other than that:
Hardly any Sunday games - and those we have aren't at night! Well done Eddie.
No home game at Docklands against Dogs/Saints/Bombers etc
Only 3 games at Docklands - as per our agreement we have that locked in but minimising it is key
Melbourne twice should be good, as will be avoiding playing Port/Freo/Hawks/North twice
Friday games are plentiful, hopefully 7 gets someone decent to replace Cometti (and not BT)

West Coast have a dream run also.
Only playing 1 top 8 side twice, and that's Freo,
The Crows, Suns, Dogs and Saints are the others they double up on.
I think the Suns will be pretty powerful next year, but I agree it's an armchair ride.

On our draw, I think starting interstate is fantastic. We can prepare for it and we will be very fired up considering the Beams situation. It gets one of our trips out of the way straight away and improves our run home.

Some baffling ones as usual: games v WC and Adel at Etihad? We get over 50K to these teams 6 out of the last 10 times. Look for both of them to be under 40K next year because of this.

And to those who say we get an unfair commercial draw consider this: None of the big drawing games are Collingwood home games. The first meeting against each of Carlton (Mick's game), Essendon (ANZAC Day) and Richmond, along with Queen's Birthday all away games. The first 13 weeks of the season contain only these home games: Adelaide (Etihad), St Kilda, Geelong, North and GWS.
Why make heaps of coin anymore? It'll only get taxed and handed to other clubs. Better to give them the games and let them fend for themselves. That's what they wanted didn't they, rather then our handouts??

Let's see who it works out.

Round 4, 2000.

Was a good game... :D

I remember that one well. I was working in a pub in London and was halfway through a shift when my boss told me I had an 'urgent' phone call from my Dad. Having spoken to my parents only a day or so ago (and being that it was usually Mum that did the calling) I flew into a panic thinking my Mum must have been in an accident. Picking up the phone I could hear that my Dad seemed to be quite flustered, so I'm only seconds away from a full nervous meltdown when he yells out "Rocca's just nailed a goal from the centre square in the last seconds to beat the Swans!!" Thanks, Dad.

Back