Official Club Stuff 2015 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No game in Sydney again. Only four games in Victoria.

Double ups against St Kilda, Freo, Gold Coast, Bulldogs and Adelaide.

Bit of a mixed draw. Definitely get the rub of the green with out double ups, however the travel is big this year.

The main thing that annoys me is our bye.

We have a saturday game, then a 6 day break against a fresh Richmond.... and then we have a bye. Followed by a Saturday game.

There isn't a hell of a lot the AFL can do to reduce our travel burden, but one of them is to finish our last game before a bye on a Sunday and then re-commence on Thur/Fri. Still gives the boys 11-12 days rest however it means that we don't get rammed with too many 6 day breaks.

Pretty decent, we can make finals with this fixture.

Still a long way to go but similar to this year there are plenty of winnable games.

Considering we finished ninth the AFL have been very kind to us.

Only play one top 8 side twice for whole year. (Freo)

Avoid double up games against Pies, Lions and get St Kilda and Doggies.

Single games against Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn & Sydney all at home with the Pies at Ethiad instead of MCG and Kangaroos in Hobart.

Only travel once in the last 5 rounds and it's only to Adelaide.

Not too many 6 day breaks.

Thanks for looking after us Gillon McLachlan because this isn't the fixture a ninth placed side could/should be expecting.:D

Bit of a mixed draw. Definitely get the rub of the green with out double ups, however the travel is big this year.

Yeah in terms of who we play it's about as good as we could have hoped for.

In terms of where and when we play it's a shocker. There's no reason why we should be expected to travel to Darwin and Hobart.

Doesn't help the club look after its interstate members either, only four games in Melbourne and none in Sydney for the second year running.

Yeah in terms of who we play it's about as good as we could have hoped for.

In terms of where and when we play it's a shocker. There's no reason why we should be expected to travel to Darwin and Hobart.

Doesn't help the club look after its interstate members either, only four games in Melbourne and none in Sydney for the second year running.

If this fixture will help us make finals and i believe it will, then it's a small price to pay.

Being a NSW/ACT WCE fan absolutely sucks.

For the 5th year in a row (and not since R5 2010), we don't play Sydney in Sydney (sure, a good thing for our chances, but devo once again). To top if off, we don't even play GWS in NSW/ACT this year (2nd year running).

Screw you 2015 fixture! I actually haven't seen WCE in the flesh since 2009! (early days GWS games in Sydney (i.e. uncompetitive), including Blacktown, and was out of town the week of the 2010 Sydney game).

Given that there are now 2 NSW teams, WCE fans in NSW/ACT have been absolutely shafted so far this decade, and the last 2 years have been the nadir.

Despite my personal frustration, we have received a rather fortunate draw in terms of our opposition, so NSW aside, I'm happy with the 'potential wins' aspect of it.

Last edited:
Bah! Wife is a Norf supporter and just once we'd like to be able to go to a football match together and not have the other person pretend to be excited...

Collingwood match being moved to Eithad is interesting. Only one match at the G v. Richmond. We truly are in no-mans land as a club. Sucky time to be an east coast fan

Thanks for looking after us Gillon McLachlan because this isn't the fixture a ninth placed side could/should be expecting.:D
Pretty much this post.

I think easier opponents outweigh harder venues/travel.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the travel distance and time between Perth/Darwin as opposed to Perth/Melbourne is negligible.

The amounts of whinging in this thread is unwarranted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back