2015 Flag Predictions

Who will win the 2015 flag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Swans fans hate it when they aren't having smoke blown out their arse.

If it makes you feel better, congrats AGAIN on 2012.

That's rich coming from you or any of your other cohorts on here. The minute anything negative is said about Hawthorn or something is not said that might give you some extra pleasure under the doona tonight you all come a running squealing like stuffed pigs. It's a brethren though right ? Don't lose any sleep over your last post either as within about 20 seconds one of your brothers will give it a like. Pathetic.

Oh and just as a matter of interest I don't need some imbecile's opinion on here to tell me the Swans are a premiership chance in 2015.

That's rich coming from you or any of your other cohorts on here. The minute anything negative is said about Hawthorn or something is not said that might give you some extra pleasure under the doona tonight you all come a running squealing like stuffed pigs. It's a brethren though right ? Don't lose any sleep over your last post either as within about 20 seconds one of your brothers will give it a like. Pathetic.

Oh and just as a matter of interest I don't need some imbecile's opinion on here to tell me the Swans are a premiership chance in 2015.

Congrats on 2012. Between 2012 and 2014 I feel like we are now square, the Swans won a flag that Hawthorn were heavily favoured to win (2012) whilst the Hawks reversed the dose in 2014.

That said it'll be interesting to see how the Swans respond to GF defeat. The last two times the Hawks lost GF's they bounced back decisively and won b2b (88-89 after '87, 13-14 after '12). The Swans definitely have the squad to go all the way (they were heavy favourites for the flag for the last 3 months of the season) but whether they have the mettle remains to be seen. They most definitely have lost their aura of seemingly invincibility that built up in the second half of last season (which has to be a good thing for your future chances IMO)

All will be revealed in 9 months I guess

Why so glum & down-cast cinderella man ?....You can always lobby to have Demetriou re-instated!....That'll improve your premiership odds no end!:confused:

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Seems Swans posters aren't so uppity nowadays!

The difference between our supporters is we are confident enough about ourselves and are willing to say so.

You blokes on the other hand cried for 12 months after your flag because no one loved you as much as you wanted them too. Crave validation.

Also - you forgot to add that I'm still offended about 2012. That was the standard response anytime the Swans were commented on by a Hawk with anything but glowing praise.

Congrats on 2012. :thumbsu:

I seriously can't believe the port supporters on this forum. I think they think they are genuinely entitled to win the next 10 premierships. You can say what you want about the Hawthorn game and if you kicked straight you would have won, but if we kicked straight a week earlier you wouldn't even have made it that far.

I seriously can't believe the port supporters on this forum. I think they think they are genuinely entitled to win the next 10 premierships. You can say what you want about the Hawthorn game and if you kicked straight you would have won, but if we kicked straight a week earlier you wouldn't even have made it that far.
Works both ways, doesn't it. But hey, don't let that get in the way of an all-encompassing delusion...

Port fans are SO far ahead of themselves they are completely out of sight.

Works both ways, doesn't it. But hey, don't let that get in the way of an all-encompassing delusion...

Port fans are SO far ahead of themselves they are completely out of sight.
Exactly. I still have Hawks and Swans as the 2 best sides followed by Port, Freo,Geelong and North. Every side had large amounts of injuries to key players for large periods of 2014 and Port struggles the most with key players out.

Exactly. I still have Hawks and Swans as the 2 best sides followed by Port, Freo,Geelong and North. Every side had large amounts of injuries to key players for large periods of 2014 and Port struggles the most with key players out.
Plus, from memory you had your best 2 big defenders out that game. Put those two back in, kick straight and Freo wins that game by 5-6 goals.

See, you can do this for just about anything....

No "ifs" bud, that's poor form. Freo lost, just as we did the week after.
Good sides can cover the "ifs".
Port are in the process of "if" covering now. Time will tell.
Freo's goose is cooked.

No "ifs" bud, that's poor form. Freo lost, just as we did the week after.
Good sides can cover the "ifs".
Port are in the process of "if" covering now. Time will tell.
Freo's goose is cooked.
It's not poor form. If the shoe were on the other foot and you had your 2 best key defenders and best small forward out and the game was played at Adelaide oval, we would have absolutely pummelled you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not poor form. If the shoe were on the other foot and you had your 2 best key defenders and best small forward out and the game was played at Adelaide oval, we would have absolutely pummelled you.

"If"
my aunty had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Snap ! You know we also lost our two key defenders through the year and it immediately cost us top spot, and two home finals.
if if if if.
Here's one: If you're good enough, you'll go all the way.

Last edited:
"If" my aunty had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Snap ! You know we also lost our two key defenders through the year and it immediately cost us top spot, and two home finals.
if if if if.
Here's one: If you're good enough, you'll go all the way.

Hawks had a plethora of injuries throughout 2014, & to it's best players in Rioli, Mitchell, Gibson & Lake. Who all missed large chunks of the season. yet still secured 2nd spot on the table despite this!

We had the Preliminary final won (Or so we thought) with 10 minutes to go & went to sleep....Your mob were good enough to sense this & capitalize by almost punishing us for it, where most other teams wouldn't have had the ability to.

Funny thing is, most Finals we have lost in our history is when we have kicked poorly for goal, whereas we have won most of the ones, when we kicked more accurately than the opposition....Go figure hey!

Hawthorn are the favourites without a doubt, and I expect they will be in the GF.

At the end of the day, Port did not even reach the grand final. There is a lot of premature expectation from some of their supporters on here.

There are 4-5 teams that may also make the GF this year, and it would be foolish to write any of them off, that includes the 'young guns' at Port.

Sam Mitchell will be the next boomer Harvey and play until he is 38.

Apart from a bad hammy this season, he has barely ever been injured, and has no speed to lose. His jog is the same speed as his sprint and has been since debut, so it would be impossible for him to get any slower. If memory serves correctly the hammy is the only major injury he has had in his career.

I predict he will be playing for a long time yet. Like a wine he has gotten better with age too. He has been a better footballer in his 30's than he was when he was 25-28, when most are in their prime.

If your banking on him to go downhill, I wouldn't. Especially on his pre-season form.

Hawks had a plethora of injuries throughout 2014, & to it's best players in Rioli, Mitchell, Gibson & Lake. Who all missed large chunks of the season. yet still secured 2nd spot on the table despite this!
We had the Preliminary final won (Or so we thought) with 10 minutes to go & went to sleep....Your mob were good enough to sense this & capitalize by almost punishing us for it, where most other teams wouldn't have had the ability to.
Pretty straight forward, you won cause you were good enough in lots of areas, not just one. Lots of stuff happens in a season, that's why its so hard to win a GF.

Funny thing is, most Finals we have lost in our history is when we have kicked poorly for goal, whereas we have won most of the ones, when we kicked more accurately than the opposition....Go figure hey!
Yep, same theory for loosing, poor kicking is poor footy.

The 3 dynasty clubs since 2000 overcame all the "ifs" cause they were overall better in all most departments. That includes overcoming injuries, overcoming poor kicking, administration etc etc.

what's this the 16th time this type of thread has been posted? seriously people go outside and don't come back till the footy season is back.
So no one is allowed to talk footy until you're ready?

If you weren't on BF complaining about the threads you'd be outside enjoying the compound.

I think Hawks will play Port in the GF.

The difference at this stage between Hawthorn/Sydney/Freo and Geelong is that all 4 of these clubs sustained significant injuries throughout 2014, all 4 managed to win enough games of footy and handle the set backs. Port are yet to be tested, their list is thin outside of 24-25, they are literally a Carlisle and Wingard going down and they are rat shizin.

My pick is Sydney. It is extraordinarily hard for Hawthorn to go all the way again. Sydney got embarrassed last year and they will be hungry to do better this year. I think they're the most talented team and combined with that hunger they will be tough to stop.

Yep spot on, it's like their sitting there waiting for someone to say something negative about their precious team and bang they are at you. Arrogant and cocky sums them up best aswell as some other words I best not mention.

Yep spot on, it's like their sitting there waiting for someone to say something negative about their precious team and bang they are at you. Arrogant and cocky sums them up best aswell as some other words I best not mention.

Let me guess.... Back2Back!;)

We've got a free swing at it this year & have nufin to lose....all the other 17 clubs had better beware!

The difference at this stage between Hawthorn/Sydney/Freo and Geelong is that all 4 of these clubs sustained significant injuries throughout 2014, all 4 managed to win enough games of footy and handle the set backs. Port are yet to be tested, their list is thin outside of 24-25, they are literally a Carlisle and Wingard going down and they are rat shizin.

Port are yet to be tested ?? Are you kidding.
We lost our full back and centre half back at the same time, for several weeks last year.
We were tested, and we failed the test by a kick or two in several of those games.

Back