2015 Flag Predictions

Who will win the 2015 flag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn are still the best team in the comp. Sydney are a close second and everyone else is noticeably further behind.

O'Rourke is a joke of a player, Anderson, Sicily, Whitecross have proven 0. I can assure you that none of these guys you mentioned apart from Frawley will contribute significantly to winning a flag.
I think the determining factor for the Hawks three peat will be if the older players can avoid a drop off.
O'Rourke a joke? Based on.....?
Tippett & Jetta however can only get better..
I feel very assured, thanks

O'Rourke is a joke of a player, Anderson, Sicily, Whitecross have proven 0. I can assure you that none of these guys you mentioned apart from Frawley will contribute significantly to winning a flag.
I think the determining factor for the Hawks three peat will be if the older players can avoid a drop off.

Anderson missed the entire 2014 season with a shoulder injury. Not sure what he has to prove seeing as he hasn't played much footy over the last two years due to shoulder injuries and Sicily hasn't even made his debut yet.

O'Rourke has been plagued by injuries in his first two years but has completed most of the pre-season training.

Whitecross is an outstanding role player for us. He's already played in seven finals matches in his career and was playing reasonably good footy whilst averaging over 20 disposals a game before getting injured.

Those players are better then the Swans depth players.

Last edited:
O'Rourke is a joke of a player, Anderson, Sicily, Whitecross have proven 0.
Lets see, you've just posted the equivalent of "Heeney is a joke of a player, Lloyd, Marsh, Parker have proven 0."

Like half of your side did in the final game of the year?

Anderson missed the entire 2014 season with a shoulder injury. Not sure what he has to prove seeing as he hasn't played much footy over the last two years due to shoulder injuries and Sicily hasn't even made his debut yet.

O'Rourke has been plagued by injuries in his first two years but has completed most of the pre-season training.

Whitecross is an outstanding role player for us. He's already played in seven finals matches in his career and was playing reasonably good footy whilst averaging over 20 disposals a game before getting injured.

Those players are better then the Swans depth players.
I don't know how you can say that when everyone of them besides Whitecross has barely played a game.

Hawthorn are still the best team in the comp. Sydney are a close second and everyone else is noticeably further behind.
Not true. Although your team was shown to be noticeably further behind.

I would say Port Adelaide are on par with Sydney maybe slightly behind Hawthorn, but I think Ports young exciting team can go all the way this year. Great team to watch.

Port is the side I'm most worried about.
With an extra pre season into some of their unknowns it will strengthen their depth which is an area they've struggled with in the last 2 years.

Freo & North next with Geelong the unknown.

Sydneys defence will struggle this year in my opinion due to the loss of Malceski, he provided most of the drive and without him in last years GF it would of been more like a 15 goal margin.

Lets see, you've just posted the equivalent of "Heeney is a joke of a player, Lloyd, Marsh, Cunningham have proven 0."

Parker is gun unlike Whitecross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not true. Although your team was shown to be noticeably further behind.

Your team isn't as good as Hawthorn.

I always find it amusing how people get sucked into the recent hype. Don't get me wrong, Port could still be great this year, no question, but at this point they have still proven nothing....

I always find it amusing how people get sucked into the recent hype. Don't get me wrong, Port could still be great this year, no question, but at this point they have still proven nothing....

Its a forum of opinions, and this thread is on "flag predictions".
All teams have "proven nothing" in 2015, cause the season hasn't started...
What's your point?

Its a forum of opinions, and this thread is on "flag predictions".
All teams have "proven nothing" in 2015, cause the season hasn't started...
What's your point?
Ok, if you want to look at it in such a short sighted manner, fair enough.
The fact is, the current Port side have done nothing. Yet.
By stark contrast, the current Hawks have proven we can consistently win finals, including knock-out finals, and win multiple flags. Even the Swans have proven that they can make and win Grand Finals. Hell, even Freo have proven they can make a Grand Final.
So the point is that those 3 teams should be ahead of Port in terms of flag favouritism in '15, until Port can prove otherwise. Not rocket surgery mate.

Ok, if you want to look at it in such a short sighted manner, fair enough.
The fact is, the current Port side have done nothing. Yet.
By stark contrast, the current Hawks have proven we can consistently win finals, including knock-out finals, and win multiple flags. Even the Swans have proven that they can make and win Grand Finals. Hell, even Freo have proven they can make a Grand Final.
So the point is that those 3 teams should be ahead of Port in terms of flag favouritism in '15, until Port can prove otherwise. Not rocket surgery mate.
Melting over a mild retort? Trouble at home?
And yet those 3 teams aren't... betting agencies for 2015 have the 2014 GF contenders at the top, and then Port close by. Freo is well back. So it sounds like I'm not the only one that questions your original statement.
But you can relax hombre, your Hawks are still favourite.

Melting over a mild retort? Trouble at home?

And yet those 3 teams aren't... betting agencies for 2015 have the 2014 GF contenders at the top, and then Port close by. Freo is well back. So it sounds like I'm not the only one that questions your original statement.
But you can relax hombre, your Hawks are still favourite.
Thanks for supporting my main point, cheers!

Surely youre not giving the swans s**t for a terrible grand final after you went out in straight sets?
I'm aware that we went out in straight sets, I'm also aware that if we had have kicked straight with a depleted backline we still would have won the game. This has nothing to do with my side though, the bloke was having a dig at the players I listed from Hawthorn and basically saying they are no good. With absolutely no evidence to support the claim.

Back