2015 Formula One World Championship - Round Seventeen - Mexican Grand Prix (Mexico City)

Formula 1 returns to Mexico for the first time since 1992 (Nigel Mansell won that race in a Williams)

Circuit Name - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
First Grand Prix - 1963
Number of Laps - 71
Circuit Length 4.304 Km
Race Distance - 305.354 Km
Lap Record - N/A
1445947414185.png

The circuit has been modified for it's return to Formula 1 and now features 3 more corners than it did in the past.

The track is at an altitude of 2300m which won't have much of an effect on the engines due to the use of turbos, but could have an effect on aero due to the thinner than normal air.

The weather forecast is much better than the hurricane inspired deluge at Austin with Friday fine and then a high chance of thunderstorms on both Saturday and Sunday.

With 10 wins for the season, Lewis Hamilton needs to win all three remaining races to equal Vettel's 13 win season in 2013.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Track looks fast. Turns 1 and 4 look to be the obvious overtaking points, turn 12 as well. Hopefully it will be a good race.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Anyone else see this?

Love it! Bit of fun connecting with the Mexican fans.

*In b4 the haters come in and find something to complain about*

Jakko

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Well its not the worst circuit on the calendar. The new esses seem very awkward, which is good except that people just go off track and come back on no penalty. I preferred the more flowing esses of the original but what can ya do? Mega long straight is always good.

Other drivers who don't have a disproportionate amount of success, relative to standing amonsgtbothervdrivers.
Every single driver would struggle with no downforce. It's legitimately the most stupid comment I've seen here since the Seb/Webber days.

Back