2015 Free Agents, worth a look?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jack Steven off the table officially. Was probably the best available player in terms of salary vs risk.

Wouldn't move heaven and earth for the rest as good as a couple of them are.
Agree. Our list is a delicate ecosystem with how evenly our talent is spread. More interested in seeing if we can pinch some young outside mid talent at the trade table after what should be another good year. Like what Port did getting Polec over.

Rance is an unrestricted free agent now due to his back-ended contract.
Was very interesting to see that but in reality it doesn't really matter restricted or not because no club has matched an offer and I doubt a club will, when a player wants to leave you let them go.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ed-on-his-future/story-fni5f4l8-1227277509702

Collingwood and Geelong appear to be the front runners for his services, but he's not going to win a flag at either of those clubs. And with the uncertainty surrounding Bucks future you would think he's had enough of coaching instability. We may not be able to offer the most money but a shot at a flag and great club culture would be high on his list of wants. He certainly wouldn't get the attention he'd attract at the Pies. I'm sure someone from the club has started making calls to his manager.
Agree that I think we would be an attractive option for Dangerfield should he leave.
The big 3 still remain uncontracted, Danger, Hawkins and Rance would hope we try to get one of them and get in their ear now especially Dangerfield need to get in the race for him.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
If I had to pick one of the 3 it would be Danger... But I love that it is unlikely that the cats can hang onto Hawkins and get Danger. If they were smarter they would have extended Hawkins last year knowing that Danger was a chance this year. We should make a hard play at both just to push the price up. In reality this makes it more likely that we are in play the following year with less competition. Also when Motlop, Cockatoo or any of their other sharpish miss come up they might not be able to hang on.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
Agree. Our list is a delicate ecosystem with how evenly our talent is spread. More interested in seeing if we can pinch some young outside mid talent at the trade table after what should be another good year. Like what Port did getting Polec over.
With our depth we certainly have plenty to offer up for the right target.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
Will go to Hawthorn.

No I don't have any good oil. It's just the place every other ^%$*^%ing quality player on the market chooses to go.
Come to Australia's cheapest chemist, Chemist warehouse.

We have fish oil, krill oil, wild krill oil, Essential oil, clove oil, baby oil, bio oil, Moroccan oil, oil of Olay. All at ridiculously never to be repeated prices.

Proudly brought to you by North's newest sponsor.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We have fish oil, krill oil, wild krill oil, Essential oil, clove oil, baby oil, bio oil, Moroccan oil, oil of Olay. All at ridiculously never to be repeated prices.

Unless you have the Good Oil you is just wafflin' bro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

I for one appreciate that society is addressing the overpopulation of the oceans and the baby boomer's vain scramble for a fountain of youth in one fell swoop.

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
If I had to pick one of the 3 it would be Danger... But I love that it is unlikely that the cats can hang onto Hawkins and get Danger. If they were smarter they would have extended Hawkins last year knowing that Danger was a chance this year. We should make a hard play at both just to push the price up. In reality this makes it more likely that we are in play the following year with less competition. Also when Motlop, Cockatoo or any of their other sharpish miss come up they might not be able to hang on.

If Geelong spend big on Hawkins & Danger, would you offer Cockatoo a silly amount to get to North.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
If Geelong spend big on Hawkins & Danger, would you offer Cockatoo a silly amount to get to North.
Not now I wouldnt, but when it comes time for them to re-sign him and others they won't have any cash.... And if he is what we are looking for at the time then Yep I'd show him the money!

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only read a bit ^^ but if Rance is available I would be going for him.

Defense is our weakest link in next couple of years.

He is a top player (yes Drew has beaten him up, but I've also seen him play some brilliant games on quality fwds) and would compliment Thommo perfectly.

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only read a bit ^^ but if Rance is available I would be going for him.

Defense is our weakest link in next couple of years.

He is a top player (yes Drew has beaten him up, but I've also seen him play some brilliant games on quality fwds) and would compliment Thommo perfectly.
Yep I have said this previously of Rance and going by the last few years i have a feeling North will go after him as they did with Dal,Waite,Higgins... I dont care if his kick is questionnable if thats the type of player North need and his there for the taking why not...

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep I have said this previously of Rance and going by the last few years i have a feeling North will go after him as they did with Dal,Waite,Higgins... I dont care if his kick is questionnable if thats the type of player North need and his there for the taking why not...

100% agree. He doesn't have to be a good kick, he just needs to stop goals. With Grima gone (IMO) and Tazz and Tippett suspect, I would be going after an elite key back as our highest priority.

If we got Rance next year and kept our current list healthy, we have a huge chance for a premiership. Big call I know, but he is an upgrade on Grima (even though I like him, and is underrated at his best but he's been taken apart more than a few times) and Hansen, Thommo and Rance is formidable and may even improve as none are old.

Time is now so build the list accordingly. We have enough young talent already to keep us healthy in years after.

Last edited:

niko11

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
100% agree. He doesn't have to be a good kick, he just needs to stop goals. With Grima gone (IMO) and Tazz and Tippett suspect, I would be going after an elite key back as our highest priority.

If we got Rance next year and kept our current list healthy, we will win the 2016 flag. Big call I know, but he is an upgrade on Grima (even though I like him, and is underrated at his best but he's been taken apart more than a few times) and Hansen, Thommo and Rance is formidable and may even improve as none are old.

Time is now so build the list accordingly. We have enough young talent already to keep us healthy in years after.
Agree and i dont think its a big call at all yep we made a Prelim now added Waite,Higgins this year so its fair to say with the addition of Rance we will win the Big One in 2016..

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Could not agree with Saintly and niko more. I'm very much of the opinion that Rance would be an amazing acquisition next year and would really compliment the rest of our defence nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back