News 2015 Geelong guernseys and apparel - collar design added

Remove this Banner Ad

Same guernsey template for the third year in a row, and same designs as last year save for the superfluous detail on the collar:

A752B743-C66F-ACE6-EE77B62A9BF8C8082015homeguernseyfront.png
A754EFE1-FAA6-E217-D81568756AE58BB12015homeguernseynewdesign.png
3-2976651210892C5AA7632F9A-E5DE-D980-0127BD36873AF5222015clashguernseyfront1.png

I like the collar. Good touch. Puts a bit of a date on the jumper too that way.

Maybe it adds to the stregth , our jumper got ripped too often this year
Haha. I'd wager a reasonable amount that it reflects Colin Carter's push (obsession?) to acknowledge that Geelong has a pre-VFL history. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not sure this is the way to go about it.

Haha. I'd wager a reasonable amount that it reflects Colin Carter's push (obsession?) to acknowledge that Geelong has a pre-VFL history. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not sure this is the way to go about it.

Yeah , he is just try to establish our creed and history as equal to may others. Be more relevant if we still had Corio Oval rather than a debatable line in modified history books imo.

Cant tell from SJ's pictures , I hope they have worked out the back of the "Blue" jumper this year

Yeah , he is just try to establish our creed and history as equal to may others. Be more relevant if we still had Corio Oval rather than a debatable line in modified history books imo.

Cant tell from SJ's pictures , I hope they have worked out the back of the "Blue" jumper this year
I think it's relevant, but 'established 1859' is just about the only bit of our pre-1896 history that doesn't need to be brought out of the shadows.

I had a thought the other night... why don't they make a white T-shirt that has a Geelong football jumper screen printed on it (front and back). Not all of us have the figure to wear a football jumper anymore, but a nice stretchy T-shirt would be great.
Really?
I've still got a brand new (tags on it) ford racing tshirt.
Will not wear it. When would you wear a white tee with stripes?

I think it's relevant, but 'established 1859' is just about the only bit of our pre-1896 history that doesn't need to be brought out of the shadows.
huh? What? We didn't have our 150th 4 years ago? before Carter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

huh? What? We didn't have our 150th 4 years ago? before Carter?
Yep, and to the club's credit the book they released alongside it has a chapter on the VFA glory years. But Carter is the one spearheading the push for the official records of the AFL/VFL to be recalibrated to include the VFA years...which I think (and I think SJ agrees?) is rubbish. What the AFL records as official is irrelevant to what the club has achieved. As far as I'm concerned Geelong has won sixteen senior premierships, and that's a fact that exists independent of what the AFL thinks.

At least we're staying with the same clash jumper for two seasons in a row instead of changing it year after year.
I think this is the best clash jumper we've had so far. It'll be crap when they retire it just for the sake of having a different design to sell more merchandise.

Yep, and to the club's credit the book they released alongside it has a chapter on the VFA glory years. But Carter is the one spearheading the push for the official records of the AFL/VFL to be recalibrated to include the VFA years...which I think (and I think SJ agrees?) is rubbish. What the AFL records as official is irrelevant to what the club has achieved. As far as I'm concerned Geelong has won sixteen senior premierships, and that's a fact that exists independent of what the AFL thinks.
Yeah we are all in agreement. Doesn't need to be an afl endorsed thing.
So are you upset the jumper doesn't have the VFA flags?

And if so. Go complain about the premiership stand first

Not really, just a bit baffled by the whole thing...particularly because it's not like the jumper needs to be made more identifiably Geelong. Having 'Est 1870' or 'S.M.F.C' on the back makes sense for clubs like Port or Sydney or Brisbane who have a fractured past. But blue and white hoops are the most Geelong thing there is. So why would you need to reinforce that? SJ is right, it's superfluous.

Mate. Absolute epitome of the corporate best practice stuff the club has embraced being taken too far.

As far as I am concerned we have 3 AFL premierships. Anything pre-1991 while relevant to building our club, is irrelevant regarding the fact we now have a national competition.
Well that is completely wrong. If tomorrow the league is rebadged as the ANFL, will 2007, 2009 and 2011 not count? It's just a name change.

Yes the Premiership Stand is worse.

I understand this one to some extent as it is an AFL guernsey.

As far as I am concerned we have 3 AFL premierships. Anything pre-1991 while relevant to building our club, is irrelevant regarding the fact we now have a national competition.

Irrelevant is too strong. Its part of what developed us as a club. Is it ultra important..no but its relevant because without heritage we are just a shell. Its about understanding the journey not just the destination.

Corio Oval , Geelong Cats , the Hoop Jumper , We are Geelong , the Carji Greeves Medal ...... its relates to stuff pre the national comp and who we are.

Irrelevant is too strong. Its part of what developed us as a club. Is it ultra important..no but its relevant because without heritage we are just a shell. Its about understanding the journey not just the destination.

Corio Oval , Geelong Cats , the Hoop Jumper , We are Geelong , the Carji Greeves Medal ...... its relates to stuff pre the national comp and who we are.
I agree.
And when it comes to the premiership stand I reckon they could have them all up and colour shade them to define the different competitions.

1878 1879 1880 1882 1883 1884 1886 1925 1931 1937 1951 1952 1963 2007 2009 2011
Not in those colours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back