No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How they work the rest out who knows. Pickering might parcel him off with some steak knives after five for Freo's turn in jumper sales.

Buddy split with Pickering last year, he's now managed by the same people who represent Jesinta

Good god. I was in Turkey to long. How can you split from the fabricator of that contract???

From memory it was amicable, he just wanted all of his affairs to be handled from Sydney I guess. Either that or Jesinta wears the pants in the relationship ;) Pretty sure Pickering still gets his cut of the contract

Always thought a 4 year draft contract might help...but then you have the AFLPA complaining that players' earning capacity is restricted. And clubs also get stuck with player for longer eating up precious cap space who might not work out.

Maybe they should institute a Cap Cash trade where the poaching team has to hand over some of it's cap space the next year to the club they're poaching from as a way to reimburse them for the lost of talent and development time.

This would only apply to clubs poaching players during their first 3 years, or when their first 3 year contract expires. They pay a penalty in their cap amounting to an average AFL wage for one season. And that cap space is handed over to the club losing its draft pick to use as they see fit the next year.

So in the Collingwood trade for Aish, they get Aish this year. But as the average AFL wage is set at $350k they then pay a $350k penalty in their cap for following season's draft (2016).

Brisbane, meanwhile, will have an extra $350k in their cap - which they can use to have a free shot at a FA or whatever next year.

Doesn't stop the go-home factor. But it makes it more painful for clubs to grab quality on the cheap, and it gives the 'losing' club a quick leg up to fill the hole. All this still means players get to the club they want.

Just a thought.

I like this idea, it would make it more difficult for clubs to steal each others young players. I wouldn't mind something similar being applied to restricted free agents too... It is something similar to a transfer fee. The victorian bloc would object to it though and we all know how the afl reacts when the vics don't get what they want :p.

Got a fan survey from the AFL re: the AFL Grand Final and entertainment. Last question was:
Finally to cap of (sic) a big year of AFL football, what was your most memorable moment from the 2015 AFL Season?

My response: The ending to a farcical season that saw my team crippled by an inability to recruit players despite not breaking any rules. Sadly this will no doubt ruin the next season or two for my club, all because the Chairman is a bitter individual who's corrupt attempts at draft/trade tampering were turned on its head by smart recruiting staff.

Somehow I can't see myself winning the VISA gift card.

From memory it was amicable, he just wanted all of his affairs to be handled from Sydney I guess. Either that or Jesinta wears the pants in the relationship ;) Pretty sure Pickering still gets his cut of the contract

No doubt. Oceans eleven like on parting........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choke in the Grand final? ;) But yeah I see where you're coming from. They're an exciting up and coming team and would've given Hawthorn a run for their money if they didn't lose to Adelaide this year I reckon.

They structure the right way just need to find the right balance of attack/defence.

Need some maturity down back.

L weller from freo wants to return home
What's with all these kids

The interstate clubs are actually the academies for the top Vic teams.

Change the rules.
You want to play AFL son?
You nominate for the draft, you can go anywhere. You stay a minimum 4 years.
You want to get out early, go back in the draft.

You don't like it?
You're still young. Try an apprentiship in a trade. You can change as often as you want.

What has me baffled is that none of these players get done for draft tampering anymore.
It is blatent draft tampering.

What has me baffled is that none of these players get done for draft tampering anymore.

I have been thinking this for a while. Ever since reading about Chad Wingard telling GWS that if they drafted him, he would go back to Port after 2 years. Clear case of draft tampering.
Under the current system/rules, a club should be able to trade out a player for the best deal it can get. That means the player could end up anywhere, not their first choice.ping so many 1st round/priority picks nicely for other clubs

Other clubd must be loving GWS. They are develo

Change the rules.
You want to play AFL son?
You nominate for the draft, you can go anywhere. You stay a minimum 4 years.
You want to get out early, go back in the draft.

You don't like it?
You're still young. Try an apprentiship in a trade. You can change as often as you want.

Something needs to be done I agree.

Actually, what we need is harsher penalties for the clubs recruiting them. Address the source of the problem.

I have been thinking this for a while. Ever since reading about Chad Wingard telling GWS that if they drafted him, he would go back to Port after 2 years. Clear case of draft tampering.
Under the current system/rules, a club should be able to trade out a player for the best deal it can get. That means the player could end up anywhere, not their first choice.ping so many 1st round/priority picks nicely for other clubs

Other clubd must be loving GWS. They are develo

The problem is the existing clubs voted for the draft concessions for gws and gcs on the basis that they would receive heaps more media revenue and those clubs would shed talent like fleas after a couple of years.

Seems to all be going according to plan so far. Why would they change a thing?

Truth is Treloar, McCarthy, Boyd etc were all supposed to leave even sooner. But those pesky gws list managers somehow refused to give their kids away for the dads army of aging rejects they were supposed to and kept their picks instead.

The floodgates are opening now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back