No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
But weren't MacGuire and Newbold part of the equalisation committee that came up with this recommendation?
Yes. And their posturing is ridiculous, the so called luxury tax was agreed for a two year trial, after which it was to be assessed in 2017.
It's been in for a single year. Apparently that's as much equalisation Eddie & Newbold can stand.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
And this will surprise no one..Magpies & Hawks to fight revenue sharing. Profit or die, which has been Eddie's mantra since day one.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/d3bf21e4ebc6f8e0d479fe04da248880

The revenue share was always just agreed temporarily as a means to an end...equalization was only ever about COLA, and the Academy bidding system. Those took two years to implement, so the Pies and Hawks copped those two years. Mission achieved. So there's no need to keep up the pretence anymore. Now its time to ditch this silly notion that the big Victorian clubs owe the sport anything.

Nice swipe at his own fans in that article by Pert there, too. The muppett actually accused 14,000 members who didn't re-sign because the club was slipping down the ladder of being "un-Collingwood". What a clumsy, grammatical horror show that expression is. Sounds like Bogan-talk for 'Love it or leave it'.

Might have to bookmark that article. He's basically called his own fan base fairweather fans for the historical record. :D

PSA: An /r/AFL reddit user discovered that Telstra's video player has been infected with Trojans.

So I would hold off on watching any videos on the AFL Website for a few days.

Source: Imgur

Shocking news for the young pie needing another full knee reco
Such a gun junior to

Scharenberg was my favourite player in the draft, every time I watched an SA U18 game I was impressed by him.

Sad stuff.

The most significant issue after tonight is that still, with only the rookie draft to come, no worthy challenger has arisen to take the spot in my avatar. I still need to adopt my new favourite player and the pickings appear slim

The most significant issue after tonight is that still, with only the rookie draft to come, no worthy challenger has arisen to take the spot in my avatar. I still need to adopt my new favourite player and the pickings appear slim

Pity I got sinclair

Naismith? Nanna?

I do like the Beatson call from bedders though...

Naismith? Nanna?

I do like the Beatson call from bedders though...
Needs to be someone with talent, but it also needs to be someone currently unappreciated. Beatson would fit the 2nd category but not the first, Nankervis fits neither.

Mayble Laidler because I was the only one talking him up for a while, and I expect people to start calling for him to be dropped again in a few months, so he'll need defence against the ignorant just like Mike did

Needs to be someone with talent, but it also needs to be someone currently unappreciated. Beatson would fit the 2nd category but not the first, Nankervis fits neither.

Mayble Laidler because I was the only one talking him up for a while, and I expect people to start calling for him to be dropped again in a few months, so he'll need defence against the ignorant just like Mike did

When Budddy hits age 33 he could need your defence

What about keeping it international... Colin O'Riordan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back