2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockreynolds podcasts are no more. Terribly sad day; greatly enjoyed the humour in the car on the way to work Monday mornings, was a great way to kick off the week :(

I only ever really listened to the JR podcasts during pre-season. Always enjoyed the arguing amongst themselves/himself about speculative mid pricers.

Any reason why?
Seemed to be it was too hard with the time it took away from family, work, ect and the amount of money brought in from the podcast and mag making it unsustainable.

I'm going to miss it, they're funny lads and have a great chemistry -made me look forward to the drive to my first job every Monday morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Jock, Higgo, Crouching & Wayno are all the same person.
Have long heard that rumour but nothing confirming it as fact. If true it must take a while to edit the podcast to get people talking over each other.

Have long heard that rumour but nothing confirming it as fact. If true it must take a while to edit the podcast to get people talking over each other.

I once did a google image search to see if I could find a pic of all of them together. Nothing.

It's not just one bloke is it?
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Seemed to be it was too hard with the time it took away from family, work, ect and the amount of money brought in from the podcast and mag making it unsustainable.

I'm going to miss it, they're funny lads and have a great chemistry -made me look forward to the drive to my first job every Monday morning.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the magazine that killed him. He's put it out without any advertising in it expecting to recoup/make money just from sales alone. That's a big no no.

They said they were sold out but I find it hard to believe they would have sold more than 100. You can't print a magazine of that size and quality with less than a run of 1000. There's so much that goes into it with editing, sourcing pictures, graphic designers etc it's just not viable to print 200 copies when you're that deep into it.

I'm ******* annoyed, I was part of team jock and supported them financially because I have websites and a magazine I know the overhead but I think in the end his business acumen didn't allow him to profit from any of it. The last 4 months they were basically been begging for donations.

What pisses me off is them stopping so suddenly during the year. It shows there was no planning and it reaks of them flying on the seat of their pants with no business model in place to find a way through it.

I once did a google image search to see if I could find a pic of all of them together. Nothing.

That doesn't prove anything, there's no way it's one person. Jock was just the front man. You listen from podcast one and they are distinctively different with the poorer quality audio.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the magazine that killed him. He's put it out without any advertising in it expecting to recoup/make money just from sales alone. That's a big no no.

They said they were sold out but I find it hard to believe they would have sold more than 100. You can't print a magazine of that size and quality with less than a run of 1000. There's so much that goes into it with editing, sourcing pictures, graphic designers etc it's just not viable to print 200 copies when you're that deep into it.

I'm ******* annoyed, I was part of team jock and supported them financially because I have websites and a magazine I know the overhead but I think in the end his business acumen didn't allow him to profit from any of it. The last 4 months they were basically been begging for donations.

What pisses me off is them stopping so suddenly during the year. It shows there was no planning and it reaks of them flying on the seat of their pants with no business model in place to find a way through it.

That doesn't prove anything, there's no way it's one person. Jock was just the front man. You listen from podcast one and they are distinctively different with the poorer quality audio.

Who are you?

Did you eat the real KP?

WTF is going on

1st Jock
now KP

World is a changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back