Injury 2015 general injury updates - for specific injuries, refer to specific injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries 25/03

Clark - Thumb is fine he's ready to go
Bates - Will play in a practice match, has been running for a month
Smedts- Back at training, had a sore back after a tackle.
Thurlow - Starting contact work now.
Menzel - Finishing of his hammy rehab, should be ok to start training again soon
Vardy - started contact work now, recovering well
McCarthy - Starting Rehab after successful surgery
Delany - Running now will start rehab after a successful surgery at Xmas.

Judging by the NIB medical room we are stuck with this useless "short term/medium term/long term" taxonomy for the foreseeable future.

Apparently Balme has taken it to Collingwood too.

We didn't like 2-3 weeks.

Short, medium, long term is not good either apparently.

Can we use Parsecs?… or is that distance rather than time…

im so confused… :confused:

Go Catters

Go Catters
I know it's novel Daz, but we could just do as 16 other clubs and report our best estimate in weeks. Is it that hard?

Injuries 25/03

Menzel - Finishing of his hammy rehab, should be ok to start training again soon
So no mention of Rhys Stanley and his bone bruising?

Does that mean that he's right to go for next week too, or are the club hiding his injury by not mentioning it? I guess we'll know when the VFL side against Collingwood is named later this week.

Injuries 25/03

All these updates sound quite positive. And are infinitely more illuminating than the infuriating indeterminacy that emanates from the 'short/medium/long term' prognostications.

Hopefully a number of these boys are playing in the VFL relatively soon.

Whilst accepting that Linc and Delaney (and even Vardy, quite possibly) are all months away, the others listed here (Clark aside) should be hopefully back playing in the VFL before April is out, I would have thought.

Which will bring a very welcome level of pressure upon the boys in the seniors to maintain the rage or see their position under threat.

Can only be good if Chris Scott's "best 22" stretches to 32 before too long.;)

Go Catters

Sorry, dazbroncos, it's not that we didn't like '2-3 weeks'.

It's simply that we knew we could never believe it.

Does that mean that he's right to go for next week too, or are the club hiding his injury by not mentioning it? I guess we'll know when the VFL side against Collingwood is named later this week.

He's pulling a Cowan, through the scary door into the twilight zone.

That injury update was conspicuous for the lack of any information on Stanley. Hopefully that means he is off the injury list and will play in the vfl practice match next week.

I know it's novel Daz, but we could just do as 16 other clubs and report our best estimate in weeks. Is it that hard?

And what will the first reaction when player X takes longer than the Y weeks specified.

Pitchforks, torches and the club is lying to us. ( not you per se but you get the point).

I get both sides but again, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

GO Catters

Yeah no mention of Rhys, hope that means he's right to go, really keen on seeing where he fits (especially ruck)

Here's the URL for our updated injury list (dated Monday March 23rd) on afl.com.au.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list

Actually sounds less positive than the Medical Room update on pretty much everyone (Vardy excepted, perhaps).

But this info does at least provide some supposed clarity on expected return dates.

And sadly Stanley is (back) on the list.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the URL for our updated injury list (dated Monday March 23rd) on afl.com.au.

Actually sounds less positive than the Medical Room update on pretty much everyone (Vardy excepted, perhaps).

But this info does at least provide some supposed clarity on expected return dates.

Hmmmm....after reading that list I'm
thinking the AFL are having a guess at our new injury reporting strategy with;
Short Term ~1-3 wks,
Medium Term ~4-7 wks.

And what will the first reaction when player X takes longer than the Y weeks specified.

Pitchforks, torches and the club is lying to us. ( not you per se but you get the point).

GO Catters
I don't agree Daz. You can't build your communications strategy for fear of the reactions of the irrational and ill-informed.

Hmmmm....after reading that list I'm
thinking the AFL are having a guess at our new injury reporting strategy with;
Short Term ~1-3 wks,
Medium Term ~4-7 wks.

Possibly.

The way I see it, the AFL website is probably doing nothing more than publishing the verbatim info that comes to them from each club, Can't see they would be wasting any time to try to clarify the information with each club before posting it. Let alone having a stab at an answer themselves.

:(
Hawthorn, as usual, have almost a full list to choose from- while we get excited when we have less than half a dozen players in the rehab rooms :(

Which is fair enough. The BS approach the club has adopted invites and encourages speculation.

Yep ,I agree wholeheartedly. My point was that I noticed that the players who had been placed in the short term category,had 1-3 wks against their names,and the players in the medium category had 4-7 wks against their names.
Hence why I thought the AFL might have been having a stab in the dark.

Yep ,I agree wholeheartedly. My point was that I noticed that the players who had been placed in the short term category,had 1-3 wks against their names,and the players in the medium category had 4-7 wks against their names.
Hence why I thought the AFL might have been having a stab in the dark.
Yeah, I agree. As we all will be.

That's one point of view, but to play the devil's advocate is there any obligation to follow the rest? Do they have to follow like sheep? Again the player involved will not heal any faster no matter how they report on the injury list.

GO Catters
That's my way of thinking Daz. Can't placate everyone. Like you say damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That is in stark contrast to the club I'm afraid.

This was a reply on the same day as what you have posted:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427298510.647262.jpg

That is in stark contrast to the club I'm afraid.

This was a reply on the same day as what you have posted:

View attachment 118735
Yep and on the NIB Medical video on the Geelong website they also say that Zac is ready to go, has been in normal training for the past month, and will play our next practice match. So potentially the info on the AFL website is a bit out of date?

They didn't even mention Stanley so suspect he's not considered as being on the injury list.

Yep and on the NIB Medical video on the Geelong website they also say that Zac is ready to go, has been in normal training for the past month, and will play our next practice match. So potentially the info on the AFL website is a bit out of date?

They didn't even mention Stanley so suspect he's not considered as being on the injury list.
The afl injury list for us was updated last on Monday of this week. By Wednesday he's off the injury list. Must have been close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back