Injury 2015 general injury updates - for specific injuries, refer to specific injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also probably should add some perspective to people who are throwing the toys out of the cot when we get done (not directed at you at all)

The team we rolled out on the weekend consisted of six 30+ year old's vs one from Melbourne.
Geelong had a total of eight < 50 gamers vs ten from Melbourne.
Geelong had a total of 2270 games experience right across the board vs 1845 from Melbourne
Of the players missing (who are most likely listed from 2017 & beyond), Stanley, McCarthy, Duncan, Vardy, Clark vs Dawes, Hogan, Kennedy-Harris, Trengove, Kent, Salem.

I think the Geelong members & supporters have every right to stick that perspective up your arse.

Demographically we're resembling the Germans at the battle of Berlin.
While we had an average age of 25y 91 days We had a gap of 2 years and 235 days between Motlop (24y100d) and Hawkins (26y335d).

In a month the team we fielded against Melbourne will have no 25 or 26 year olds in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The team we rolled out on the weekend consisted of six 30+ year old's vs one from Melbourne.
Geelong had a total of 2270 games experience right across the board vs 1845 from Melbourne
Of the players missing (who are most likely listed from 2017 & beyond), Stanley, McCarthy, Duncan, Vardy, Clark vs Dawes, Hogan, Kennedy-Harris, Trengove, Kent, Salem.

I think the Geelong members & supporters have every right to stick that perspective up your arse.
I have already said the effort on the weekend was putrid Bob, I don't dispute that... but some individuals are being overly negative and lacking perspective at time.
also Dawes played on the weekend

Last edited:
I was serious when I asked who the fitness staff are.

I only know of the blonde doc that's always out kicking with the boys in the warm ups.
Haha I reckon he loves kicking the balls round more than his real job that bloke

Well who's in charge of the players' wellbeing then, I'm sure the Doc I was referring to has a say or does he not?
Not sure if Dr Geoff Allen is now head doctor [don't think he is].That's the blond guy you're thinking of.It use to be Dr Chris Bradshaw,but not sure who took over his role.

The team we rolled out on the weekend also included a player who is currently, at best, the 37th best player on our list.

That's if you rate Luxford ahead of all of Blease, Gore, Cunico and Jansen.

When you've got a player required to front up in the seniors who is demonstrably more than a dozen places down the list of preferred replacements for your best 22, you are clearly not able to give anything like a true indication of your team's capabilities (however limited those capabilities might actually be).

Last edited:

Melbourne have been at the bottom of the ladder for over decade.

Interesting stat. Geelong last round against Brisbane in 2007 had an average age of 24 and 10 months. The exact same age as last weeks game. We haven't aged at all. :D

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6065
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=3082

Clarkson is trying to eke out one more premiership, and good on him. But after this year Hawthorn will looking down into the abyss. They are totally dependent on their ageing stars. We have been in transition for over 3 years in that regard. We have at least tried to keep our list competitive long term. Things haven't always worked to plan. But lets see how it pans out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean Enright is rated 44th on our list and Blicavs 46th ?

Well spotted, @JUBJUB.;)

The most optimistic view could see Lux at #37. I'd actually probably have him behind Gore and Blease as well, at this stage.

So he's probably #39 with me.

Interestingly, your 'alternative' view of matters would have Billie at #2.:eek:

Which would at least please those who believe he doesn't get enough love around here.

Not sure if Dr Geoff Allen is now head doctor [don't think he is].That's the blond guy you're thinking of.It use to be Dr Chris Bradshaw,but not sure who took over his role.

Pretty sure Bradshaw went to Collingwood with Balme.

Not sure if Allen is head doctor or not.

Mark Young replaced Mike Snelling as head physio, who moved into private practice.

Pretty sure Bradshaw went to Collingwood with Balme.

Not sure if Allen is head doctor or not.

Mark Young replaced Mike Snelling as head physio, who moved into private practice.

It's Drew Slimmon.

http://m.geelongcats.com.au/news/2014-11-14/cats-announce-football-appointments

Dawes played against us and Trengove will likely never play again. You can also add Menzel and McCarthy to our list.

Last edited:
Wasn't hyperlinked properly CE :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back