List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen plenty of controversy over this pick/exchange.. I, for 1, am pleased with it, looking forward to seeing Rhys bulk up and play very well over an extended period with the Cats.

"If you rate the draft and back your guys in list management, you sometimes have to make challenging decisions — and from the outside potentially surprising decisions — depending on what draft pick you can get back"
Alan Richardson

ALAN Richardson says St Kilda had to think of its future when the club made the "bloody difficult decision" to trade Rhys Stanley.

In a hotly-debated move, the Saints offloaded the talented key forward to Geelong in exchange for pick No.21 in the NAB AFL Draft, which it used to secure 196cm defender Hugh Goddard.

At 24 years of age, Stanley's best football should be ahead of him, but Richardson said the Saints wanted to stick by their long-term strategy of rebuilding via the draft.

Im at least gonna wait and see what he brings to us over about 15 games before I call it a bad trade…..

Go Catters

I hope he is a 3rd tall fwd as I think that'll be his best role, his mobility and marking will be an asset.

I think he'll be incredibly hard for a 3rd tall defender to take in a team and force teams to bring in an extra defender if Rys can get some consistency.

His best game was on McPharlin, imagine the 3rd best defender at other teams?

Im at least gonna wait and see what he brings to us over about 15 games before I call it a bad trade…..

Go Catters
You're doing BigFooty wrong mate

Go Catters
oh__the_re_education_camps_you__ll_go__by_drfaustusau-d4s3gat.png

I'm at least going to wait until pre season games because at present we don't 'know' what role/position he'll be used in.
Wouldn't b surprised to see him play a number of roles a la Blitz, believe that he is a versatile player with plenty to offer.

1 of the keys to my statement was bulk up because as yet, he has the height but isn't 'solid' enough to take the body contact from top ruckmen imo. Will get some very good coaching here, if indeed that is where he is going to b played predominately, he does have a good defensive side to his game as well as attack.

Btw, love your av, coincidence that I've been rewatching Heath Ledger films, Knights Tale & Patriot.. :)

I think he's one of those blokes whose performances will be judged almost solely by the pre-judices of the particular observer.
I'll go on the record at this point an say I have no idea how he'll go for us so I've got open slather when he goes well or otherwise. ;)

I've hardly seen him play at all to date. That goes for most St Kilda players post-2010.

You're doing BigFooty wrong mate
I've got a couple of posts stored in the vault from someone that annoys me at times, and daz. God I hope he works out for us....

I've got a couple of posts stored in the vault from someone that annoys me at times, and daz. God I hope he works out for us....
Why I am quoted for this reply?

Why I am quoted for this reply?
Maybe I misinterpreted what you meant:confused:

I thought you were implying that waiting is doing Bigfooty wrong?

This particular poster was rubbishing the trade within an hour of Rhys landing here. Seems similar to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could someone a sweet as Willo annoy anyone?:)

You make a valid point

Maybe I misinterpreted what you meant:confused:

I thought you were implying that waiting is doing Bigfooty wrong?

This particular poster was rubbishing the trade within an hour of Rhys landing here. Seems similar to me.

All good I thought it was a swipe at me, my post was taking the piss as well

I'll go on the record at this point an say I have no idea how he'll go for us so I've got open slather when he goes well or otherwise. ;)

I've hardly seen him play at all to date. That goes for most St Kilda players post-2010.

I haven't seen much of Stanley either, but he's tall, fast, athletic and kicks long and straight - all the prerequisites to driving you crazy when he doesn't produce consistently.
If he's not already a polariser and/or whipping boy, he very soon will be.
And double that if they play him instead of Shane "Second Coming" Kersten.

I haven't seen much of Stanley either, but he's tall, fast, athletic and kicks long and straight - all the prerequisites to driving you crazy when he doesn't produce consistently.
If he's not already a polariser and/or whipping boy, he very soon will be.
And double that if they play him instead of Shane "Second Coming" Kersten.
He'll be the whipping boy for some people purely because we used the Bundy pick on him

Despite that having nothing at all to do with Rhys himself....

Really? That's not what I heard.....o_O
YOU MEAN ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!!
Man if he doesn't kick 11 in his first game I'm going to fire bomb Chris Scotts office!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back