Review 2015 Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown Seagulls, 27 September 2015, 3.00pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Game over. Really poor performance.

Nobody out there today will play again this year. Simpkin our best by far but Clarko put a line through him a long time ago.

I don't think I've seen Spang play worse. Sad for this to be such a demolition. At least last year there was an excuse.

Find it just as bad that BH are just throwing in the towel in the GF. Just sound the siren now. These boys are cooked.

Willy have not forgotten that ten goal thrashing earlier in the year. Well and truly paid back now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um yes they have made the GF three times, but I think supporters are justified to negatively comment on some players performances today. We're "shitting" on our players because of expectations. We KNOW they can play better, like they have the whole year. We are playing far below our best, including some of our future mids like Jed and JOR who have dipped massively today from prior form.

Pretty sure Bello will be giving similar comments to some of his players judging by some of the un-explainable brain explosions some have had this game (i.e. Grimley's decision to kick for goal beyond his range, Gordon's failure to pull the ball behind for a goal, etc).

I don't mind constructive criticism, and even balling out a player for a bad game. What I was implying was that many of our supporters seem to give up on one or two poor efforts. After 8 rounds many had us not making the finals.

Jesus Christ they've been poor. Ruck work has been farcical, stoppage work a joke. Every contest they allow their opponent to get front position and then get smashed by hard work.
Zero ability to create targets inside forward 50. And finally, any chance they've gotten, they've completely stuffed up.

Miles had his head ripped off again in the forward line and he has a chance to pass it off. Lock snaps towards goal and Williamstown clear.

Jesus Christ they've been poor. Ruck work has been farcical, stoppage work a joke. Every contest they allow their opponent to get front position and then get smashed by hard work.
Zero ability to create targets inside forward 50. And finally, any chance they've gotten, they've completely stuffed up.

Good points. Been beaten in the midfield all day. The few times the Hawks managed to win the inside ball and get it moving on they got close, but Williamstown has been terrific in there. Lock and Isles - so often the prime movers for Box Hill - have been sat upon to great effect. Most opponents know to sweat on Langford because he's liable to give the ball straight back to the opponent, whilst Simpkin and O'Rourke don't hurt their opponents with their disposals.

Well. I don't see anyone aside from maybe Langford/Jed pushing for a spot in next weeks AFL team.

Geez. You would think from a lot of players, that a ripper performance today could give them a sneaky chance next week. But nope.

Hawthorn needs to think hard about O'Brien. Been unsighted in the second half. In fact - that's being generous; he's been unsighted all day.

Shem can be a target up forward but he can't chase.

A turnover in defence sums up Box Hill's day and this is an absolute rout. Embarrassing is the word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back