Review 2015 Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown Seagulls, 27 September 2015, 3.00pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Well. I don't see anyone aside from maybe Langford/Jed pushing for a spot in next weeks AFL team.

Geez. You would think from a lot of players, that a ripper performance today could give them a sneaky chance next week. But nope.

Having been at the game,
I felt that Langford was having a go, but let himself be influenced by the opposition pressure.
Jedi played with real endeavour, having made a few dead set shocking disposal errors.
Body language suggested he was really aware of the impact of crap disposals. Note he had the chance to make these blues because of the intensity of effort to get the pill. Didn't stop trying.
Most will wish they never play like that again.

Just one thing on Ceglar, still looked hindered by his back. Was throwing himself around a bit but you could tell he wasn't quiet right. Hope he can get his back right over the off season, his movement was no where near where we've seen and come to expect from him.

I concentrated on the defence in the second half and it became apparent that they were not working as a team. Selfish in some respects. Mira had a mare as did Spangher and Lithers seemed hesitant. There was a real lack of leadership today.

Willi were too nippy around the packs. they took the tackler on and then threw the ball out to a runner, legal or otherwise.

The butchering of the ball was as bad as the Haw game v WC a few ago.

Worst day to produce their worst game of the year.

Grimley. Oh boy. Best wishes in your next career move. That is the best I can say about him.

I don't know what TOB's role is? Or even if he wants to be a footballer but that was timid!

If Jed doesn't get 15 to 22 games in the seniors next year, it will be a waste. He was A Class Above but he isn't an out an out mid, he is a half forwRd who can play 50/50 inside 50 and midfield. Has great hunger at the coal face and did some Hodge like bullocking work in tight! Ripper.
Jor did some really nice things as well but the rest looked way off the big time.

So, all you need to do at any level against the Hawks is flood our forward line, because we never take contested marks, and then get your fast players to run like hell out the back.

Very disappointing the players and coaches can't seem to stop this during a game at any level either.

The better team won on the day, so congats to Williamstown.

Shame for the year to end on such a sour note. I thought Bello was poor last week and he backed it up again this week. Team selection did not help far too many big lumbering blokes.

Was most disappointed with Gus. This season has been a waste for him.

y74tE3o.png

shzpGTA.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 mins into 1st quarter stoppage on our fwd 50 willy win possesion we have 4 blokes walking watching willy transition the ball. Absolute disgrace.

Sam Collins can hold his head high. Tried his guts out. Actually looked like he wanted to win unlike most of his teammates who really werent all that fussed.

Have not seen a midfield burn the ball like that ever. Horrendous. The 3 or 4 times the ball was kicked to the advantage of our forwards they did the job other than set shots. But the rest of the delivery was not vfl standard. Iles simpkin langers all together was a disaster.

Too top heavy and too one paced. Coached badly didnt see the signs especially out of the centre square.

Everything willy did came off was an absolute joke.

Cegs was appalling. Spang the same.

Losing last year really didnt hurt much.

Sam Collins can hold his head high. Tried his guts out. Actually looked like he wanted to win unlike most of his teammates who really werent all that fussed.
Yeah totally agree with you on Collins. Had a go and took that beautiful overhead mark which is almost foreign in a hawks forward line. He must be a sneaky chance to get drafted this year.

I flew over to watch this game and some of you so called experienced posters are in fairy land. Call it how it is and don't just pick some kids and easy targets as ammunition. Watch who busted their arse up and down the ground trying to cover some of your loved ones. SOME of boxhill players are team players, not enough are! Yet you continue to pump them up. Champion team against a team of champions, today's result. Some of your comments are just bullshit. Have you ever played or coached a footy team??

I flew over to watch this game and some of you so called experienced posters are in fairy land. Call it how it is and don't just pick some kids and easy targets as ammunition. Watch who busted their arse up and down the ground trying to cover some of your loved ones. SOME of boxhill players are team players, not enough are! Yet you continue to pump them up. Champion team against a team of champions, today's result. Some of your comments are just bullshit. Have you ever played or coached a footy team??

Please elaberate:confused:

Please elaberate:confused:

Yes, please do.

Article on AFL website quotes Marco Bello saying that Langford, Ceglar, Anderson, Litherland and Simpkin did their chances no harm for playing the AFL Grand Final.... what?? Pretty sure they all ruled themselves out comprehensively. Langford butchered it (apparently stared according to AFL website), Ceglar was useless and only one the hitouts due to a height advantage, and most went to the opposition, Anderson tried hard but couldn't get into the game enough, Litherland was poor defensively and butchered it on the way out, yet we'd want him in to play on LeCrae? Simpkin has been getting 30 touches every week without getting a game, and this week he was his worst for a while.

Mees always towels up our rucks, he has been doing it for the last few years. I don't know what Monkey teaches or attempts to teach our guys. Except for Lakey, none of our big guys are much good with their body on body work.

Article on AFL website quotes Marco Bello saying that Langford, Ceglar, Anderson, Litherland and Simpkin did their chances no harm for playing the AFL Grand Final.... what?? Pretty sure they all ruled themselves out comprehensively. Langford butchered it (apparently stared according to AFL website), Ceglar was useless and only one the hitouts due to a height advantage, and most went to the opposition, Anderson tried hard but couldn't get into the game enough, Litherland was poor defensively and butchered it on the way out, yet we'd want him in to play on LeCrae? Simpkin has been getting 30 touches every week without getting a game, and this week he was his worst for a while.

Watched the game live yesterday. Atmosphere was better than expected. I agree with the capitan...particularly on Ceglar who was towelled up. I thought the Willie ruck was BOG. Ceglar vs NicNat would be a blood bath. Overall I thought the hawks fumbled a little more and didn't finish off their work in the 3rd qrt. Willie tackled really well and had a good even contribution. Certainly the better team on the day won but would have been a more much tense final qrt if a) hawks kicked straight and b) Matt Spranger had been fit. He could not bend over to pick up the ball!!!

How does an inside mid have no tackles in a ten goal loss and get in best players? No love for Sam Collins by the look?

From my perspective watching the game live , there was a few things i noticed.
  • They were quicker all over the ground , maybe we went into the game too tall
  • Our midfielders lack genuine speed
  • The Gulls in the stoppages when tackled or diving on a loose ball didn't attempt to dispose the ball... the umpires didn't punish them for it. It was like a tactic to create ball ups
  • Although everyone may say its luck but every miss kick seemed to fall in the hands of a Willo player , this may sound old fashioned but when you play in front of your opponent you get the rub of the green. They played in front all day
  • And finally to me it looked like a team playing for a Flag versus a team disappointed in not playing in one next week.
On a positive Jed looked like a class above when in possession.

From my perspective watching the game live , there was a few things i noticed.
  • They were quicker all over the ground , maybe we went into the game too tall
  • Our midfielders lack genuine speed
  • The Gulls in the stoppages when tackled or diving on a loose ball didn't attempt to dispose the ball... the umpires didn't punish them for it. It was like a tactic to create ball ups
  • Although everyone may say its luck but every miss kick seemed to fall in the hands of a Willo player , this may sound old fashioned but when you play in front of your opponent you get the rub of the green. They played in front all day
  • And finally to me it looked like a team playing for a Flag versus a team disappointed in not playing in one next week.
On a positive Jed looked like a class above when in possession.
well summed up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back