2015 Hawthorn - Fantasy, Dreamteam, Supercoach etc discussion - please keep it all in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great 2008

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fantasy footy is back and given that last years thread was bumped by an opposition supporter asking about the Jedi's prospects this year it may be time for the 2015 thread to start.

I have completed my initial draft SC team that will take the title this year.:thumbsu::fire:

Last edited:
Just a taste for opposition supporters:

Overall health of the list is sound which is great.

Going by the training reports all players are going well and not too many appear to be on restricted programs.

If you are looking for value:

Brendan WHITECROSS: Returning to the game after a second knee reconstruction and by all accounts is looking super fit. May be eased into it but was a huge favourite of Clarko's prior to injury due to his discipline and versatility. Given he is listed as a back this year and very cheap at 198k (SC) he is definitely worth keeping an eye on. I am tipping Brendan will be in a lot of teams at some stage during the year.

Jed ANDERSON: Also returning from injury and training well atm. The boy ooooozes class and will play. It is just a matter of when and how often. Is listed as a midfielder and priced at a very tempting 141k (SC).

Jono O'ROURKE: Since coming over from GWS, O'Hawk has not put a foot wrong and fingers crossed his injury niggles are behind him. His training loads are being managed and he appears to be ticking all the boxes. Is very likely to get a run this year. He is a number 2 draft pick with a couple of years in the AFL system behind him. Considering this years early picks cost more than him (see Petracca), his price of $206,300 (SC) seems good value. What position he will play will be interesting. He is one to watch closely during the pre-season games.

Cyril RIOLI: No do not raise your eyebrows or dismiss my other opinions pls ;). Cyril is training well. A recent training report had him flying doing repeat 100m sprints. He is real value as a forward (tackling and goals) and his impact on games at crucial time means he can score big in SC. Priced at 497k (SC) is value imo and I am picking him as a point of difference this year. 2015 will be remembered as Cyril Season.

Jonathon CEGLAR: Priced at 412k does not make Cegs a value pick in the true sense. However, it would not surprise Hawk fans if he played a lot this year. Averaged 80 SC points last year and played 13 games. There is a feeling he could get the jump on Hale or maybe even Big Boy among Hawks fans. Missing out on the GF (unluckily) has motivated him and he has been a bull at training so far. Cegs is well worth keeping on your watch list. Given the changes to ruck scoring this year you need a ruckman who can take marks, lay tackles and kick a few goals rather than just win hit outs.(Hitouts to disadvantage are penalised this year). Cegs has the capabilities to do the lot.

At this point no 'bolter' has been identified (and I probably won't post it here if one does:p). As for other Hawks players most SC/Fantasy players know what they will get with Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Rough, Bruest, Birchall, Gunston etc.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Don't really see O'Rourke making the 22 as yet so don't think he provides a huge amount of value. Jed, Woody and WhiteX are very much on my watchlist however!

O'Rourke's progress will be interesting. Apparently the Hawks have been watching him very closely since he was a junior. They had a real crack to bring him over. IMO he will get a run (probably like Hallahan did) at some point and may be a good downgrade target during the year.

Woodward will be chomping at the bit for game time as well. At $197k (SC) he represents value for sure. I just don't know who he will force from the side?

Whitecross is the one I want for dream team. He was a decent scorer in 2011-12 before getting injured.

2011: averaged 75 points in DT

2012: averaged 84 points in DT

2013: averaged 65 points in DT

Last edited:
EFA ;)

Looking like Defensive rookies might be thin again, really hope he gets named rd 1. :thumbsu:

He won't be playing Round 1 unfortunately. At this stage it's looking very likely that he'll spend a good solid month in the VFL first to get his touch back. If it goes well for him and there's no hiccups along the way he will then be available for selection sometime after Round 3.

Hi Guys, If anyone wants to join my AFL Fantasy league I have created the code is: FYENNFR3

I normally up around the top 15% so if your looking for some decent competition please join!

Expecting Birchall to increase his average this year as he should get to play loose a bit more than 2014 where he was required at times to play lock down roles due to injuries to our other defenders.

Any thoughts on value of Gibbo?
With Frawley in the side, and assuming Lake plays more often than not, Gibbo will be given much more opportunity to be the breakaway player picking up a stack of long kicks/rebound 50's. He isn't cheap, but he is usually a decent scorer.

Any thoughts on value of Gibbo?
With Frawley in the side, and assuming Lake plays more often than not, Gibbo will be given much more opportunity to be the breakaway player picking up a stack of long kicks/rebound 50's. He isn't cheap, but he is usually a decent scorer.
Should definitely see him getting a lot more of those 30+ possession games if he isn't restricted to lock down roles.

Have a look at Gibbo's GF stats. He played loose and had 32 possies 6 marks for 128 SC points. Played 13 games last year averaged 90 and scored bigs 100's 5 times. Not just hawks fans who are on to Gibbo:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys think Hartung will get a run? From what I've been hearing, he has been training unbelievably well.
Definitely. First in line imo. Anderson and O'Rourke up there with him. Though will probably depend on the needs of the role of the player that is dropped.

Hi to all you Hawks supporters, hope you have a good season. My wife has created an All Female Fantasy League hoping to generate some rivalry between female footy fans, so if there are any Female Hawks supporters willing to have a go and join up, the invite code is X7KT96T3.

Really liked the look of Lihterland last year. Quick and skillful. Will he play most games this year?

Looks in superb nick at training. Is not going to die wondering and is emerging as a leader as well. Watch the NAB. He needs to push someone out and could be a handy player as a POD. Birchall has a medial strain but should be right for round 1. If Birchall is not ok Litherland could be the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back