2015 Hawthorn - Fantasy, Dreamteam, Supercoach etc discussion - please keep it all in this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, looking at Jordan Lewis. Hearing he is carrying a shoulder injury, I'm assuming that's why he missed rd 9? Could be wrong.

Just wondering where he is with that injury (if there is one), and is he likely to miss games/be rested after the bye at all?

Cheers

Hi all, looking at Jordan Lewis. Hearing he is carrying a shoulder injury, I'm assuming that's why he missed rd 9? Could be wrong.

Just wondering where he is with that injury (if there is one), and is he likely to miss games/be rested after the bye at all?

Cheers
Yes.

Was carrying it in the Saints game. Apparently he should be right after the bye.

Birchall not named again! Any updates on this ankle injury?

The Ankle injury is taking longer to heel then first expected. I would look at trading him as it could get you a decent player in return.

Here's the link:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-17/lingering-ankle-injury-keeps-birchall-sidelined

Grant Birchall has been sidelined by an ankle injury that he sustained in the club's round eight loss to the Swans.

Coach Alastair Clarkson confirmed on Wednesday the premiership defender would not fly with the team to Adelaide.

"He's getting there, he's making progress but just not as quick as we thought," Clarkson told reporters at Melbourne Airport.

"He's up and running and making progress, (but) he's just not quite there yet."

Clarkson said he was hopeful Birchall would be fit for the Hawks' round 13 game against Essendon, but couldn't make any guarantees.

Dan Howe, do you think he will get anymore games or was his one against the suns just a game to give him a taste of AFL footy? Asking for a DT Keepers, and he is a free agent. Should I lock him away now for future years now or wait and see how he develops? Others players im thinking of are Deam Gore (cats), Shaun Edwards and Jackson Nelson...where do you rate Howe amongst these guys (no bias)? :)

Dan Howe, do you think he will get anymore games or was his one against the suns just a game to give him a taste of AFL footy? Asking for a DT Keepers, and he is a free agent. Should I lock him away now for future years now or wait and see how he develops? Others players im thinking of are Deam Gore (cats), Shaun Edwards and Jackson Nelson...where do you rate Howe amongst these guys (no bias)? :)
He might get another game when we play Carlton or Brisbane but who knows. He's got a lot of promise but so do a few others on our list and a few of them are ahead of him still. Our first pick in the draft (of which he is) tend to make the 22 within a couple years of being drafted and he doesn't seem unlikely to follow that trend. Could definitely be one for the future. Don't know how he compares to those others though as I don't know enough about them.

Balony_pony16 Pick Edwards or Nelson. Former is getting a good run atm, the latter may have a slow end of season but be slightly more talented. Depending on how deep your league is I'd adopt a wait and see approach on Howe at least until next pre-season because the team could look quite different.

Balony_pony16 Pick Edwards or Nelson. Former is getting a good run atm, the latter may have a slow end of season but be slightly more talented. Depending on how deep your league is I'd adopt a wait and see approach on Howe at least until next pre-season because the team could look quite different.

Cheers...I took Howe already. Happy to sit on him for a season...was desperate for backs to build my future on. Fingers crossed

Jordan Lewis - scoring been a bit down of late.

Any particular reason? Had the shoulder injury (?IIRC)

Seen mentioned elsewhere he might be back to fwd-defensive role.

Thanks in advance.
Has definitely looked off since returning from his injury, has seemed lethargic which to me suggests he's battling through something. Was following Heppell a fair bit too last week but I think that was to try and avoid getting a tag himself! Hopefully he gets better as the season goes on, was immense last year & the beginning of this season.

does Lewis rip up tonight?
who knows - just as an FYI if you have any Geelong or Adelaide players in your fantasy (dunno about supercoach) the players will get their average season score if they were listed for this game. If they didn't have an average they will get their break even score.

who knows - just as an FYI if you have any Geelong or Adelaide players in your fantasy (dunno about supercoach) the players will get their average season score if they were listed for this game. If they didn't have an average they will get their break even score.
SC scoring will be the same as the bye rounds, only the best 18 scorers counted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birchall's scoring has been shocking since bringing him in. Can anyone explain what's going on? Just looks like his efficiency hasn't been as great and he isn't getting as much loose ball as you'd expect.

Also - Anderson likely to see seniors again this year?

Birchall's scoring has been shocking since bringing him in. Can anyone explain what's going on? Just looks like his efficiency hasn't been as great and he isn't getting as much loose ball as you'd expect.

Also - Anderson likely to see seniors again this year?
Birchall has missed some time with injury and is likely trying to regain some form in a backline that hasn't been very consistent (in terms of player availability) this season.

Anderson has missed the last couple weeks at Box Hill due to a back injury (landed heavily a few weeks ago). Hopefully back in the Box Hill side this week or soon but wouldn't expect him back at AFL level unless he can really impress for a continuous period. Not sure he's going to have enough time to do that as there are others ahead of him in that regard (Hartung, Woodward, Simpkin, O'Rourke, Miles and Howe).

Posted by TheHawkWalk - Rodney B., 4 days ago to Bigfooty Hawks 1 - 416116

Oh my lord. Put the C on Bailey Dale to exploit the captaincy loophole & double Selwood's 171...and forgot Dale was actually playing. Did manage to double Dale's impressive 11 though. For ****'s sake, cost me 5/5 fixtures & put an end to my $hit-truck of a season.

Quoted for comedy.

Looking for a point of difference for finals, talk me into why I should get Isaac Smith.

Cheers guys
He's the first choice outlet player in the midfield and he likely won't get tagged playing against Brisbane. May even kick a few goals.

Ceglar a chance to come back this week? Thought he was playing reasonably well before getting injured.
He's listed as a test on the injury report but so too is Hale, either one could come back in so there is no guarantees. Cegs had a great start to the year but has struggled to string games together the last couple of months. Fair to say our ruck department puzzles me, setup seems to change on a weekly basis! :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back