News 2015 Hawthorn Fixture (released 30 October 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or did anyone else look at the Geelong fixtures with much less angst than previous years? Has the feeling of a should win game now, see them more of a good middle of the road team as opposed to the top end team they have been.

The Geelong games are gimmes.

They are going to slide big time this season and will be lucky to make the 8. We will win both by 6 goals plus.

Not good news.

We always do better with a harder fixture. This doesn't cut it.

Loving the double ups - two games against both Carlton and Essendon. Not because they're certain wins but for crowd numbers. With Hirdy back, even if half the team is banned the Essendon fans will flock in.
If half the team is banned Hirdy won't be there.

Where do you sit? We were forced to upgrade to Kennedy this year, so is the club is gradually changing the best seats to Legend? It makes Afl look good.

I sit level 2 in front of the Lindsay hassett room.

How did the auto upgrade come about? And I wonder if the club would let me be on gold pricing being that my seats are in the gold members area.

I got a letter saying my seats have been allocated to legends club. Pricing is the same this year, but 2016 you will have to pay legends prices. This is the reason why I don't want to get rid of the pokies as a revenue stream, because we will get slugged further for less value.

The fixtures better be magnets this year I tells ya!!!:drunk:

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Etihad?
For the nosebleed section like moi, I actually find it quite an enjoyable stadium to watch the game.
Me too, I love it. I don't see why people sook about it so relentlessly, it seems that if there's something to whinge about, they will whinge. Some people simply live for it. The seats are comfortable, viewing from virtually any seat in house is excellent, it's slightly warmer and more comfortable in winter, the scoreboards are great, it's easy to get to/central, and when I watch my team there, they generally play well and win. I don't love it quite as much as the 'G, but I see nothing to complain about whatsoever.

That's good - keep port away from the G.

I like the fixture. Hard games are spaced. Roll into finals is much easier. commercially it looks good. And best of all;

The Hawks get to unveil the flag at home with Selwood and Scott watching on - I LIKE :D
Hehehehehee mission accomplished

I sit level 2 in front of the Lindsay hassett room.

We are on level 2 Olympic stand N 52 as Kennedy club, formerly Gold, so what are your options if you don't want to pay for the upgrade?

I got a letter saying my seats have been allocated to legends club. Pricing is the same this year, but 2016 you will have to pay legends prices. This is the reason why I don't want to get rid of the pokies as a revenue stream, because we will get slugged further for less value.

The fixtures better be magnets this year I tells ya!!!:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too, I love it. I don't see why people sook about it so relentlessly, it seems that if there's something to whinge about, they will whinge. Some people simply live for it. The seats are comfortable, viewing from virtually any seat in house is excellent, it's slightly warmer and more comfortable in winter, the scoreboards are great, it's easy to get to/central, and when I watch my team there, they generally play well and win. I don't love it quite as much as the 'G, but I see nothing to complain about whatsoever.
Yep, I love etihad.

LOVE it.

I haven't really read through the last 10 pages, but I'm going to assume that:
  • There is complaining that Haw. have to play at Etihad,
  • There is complaining we have 6 day breaks,
  • There is complaining that we aren't playing high-drawing, high-revenue teams in Tassie,
  • There is complaining we have to play elsewhere other than the MCG,
  • There is complaining we don't get to play at the Gabba.
How did I do?

Why care who we play where and when? As a team we will be better than what we were in 2014 with the additions like Frawley and more game to our youngsters and relatively a better draw than in 2014. On a lighter note when was the last time some one went 23-0 wins? Ha ha ...

• There is complaining that we aren't playing high-drawing, high-revenue teams in Tassie,
How did I do?

You did as well as you normally do when it comes to being critical of posters on the hawk board

Playing the Bombers twice at the G

Its-about-damn-time-gif.gif

The hardest draw in the AFL fo rthe third year ina row? Excellent. That just bodes well for a third flag in a row. Thanks again AFL!

The hardest draw in the AFL fo rthe third year ina row? Excellent. That just bodes well for a third flag in a row. Thanks again AFL!

I didn't think it was that bad given our last couple, then again I've only given it a cursory glance

Beg to differ when you compare the fixtures of the first 7 rounds in 2013 and the last 5 rounds this year. The 2015 Hawks draw as the reigning premier is much better than most expected notwithstanding all clubs usually have one or two preferred requests which are often not possible due to number of teams vs rounds, balance of travel, media coverage, blockbusters, and other considerations.

How did I do?
Actually pretty sure you missed the mark by quite away.There is this whiney complaint about people complaining but that's about it. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back