News 2015 Hawthorn Fixture (released 30 October 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2015-afl-fixture-the-winners-and-losers-20141030-11ebww.html

Who hasn't fared so well? Hawthorn has, by this measurement, the AFL's toughest draw for a third year straight, not that it ever seems to affect the Hawks' performances much.

Then again, though it's marginal, even the Hawks have arguably a better draw than for 2014, when they had to play each of their top-four rivals twice and were the only team to face three six-day breaks in succession. In 2015 it's only two of their top-four rivals twice, one instance of two six-day preparations in a row and only one long-haul road trip.

3110rohans_draw.jpg

I would love to see 2 friday night games per week, its the biggest time slot and a night of footy would be sweet. Same with sat night, it really pisses me off that its all said and done by 10 - 1030. There is no harm having a perth game start at night for them so we can enjoy on footy later. One game to start at 710 the second to start at 910 Melbourne time. Yes it will be too late for some people and i dont want to hear it, some people like to do things in the day then have a night of footy. Nothing better than a solid EPL triple header through the night. Night time is the best time to watch sport.

Beg to differ when you compare the fixtures of the first 7 rounds in 2013 and the last 5 rounds this year. The 2015 Hawks draw as the reigning premier is much better than most expected notwithstanding all clubs usually have one or two preferred requests which are often not possible due to number of teams vs rounds, balance of travel, media coverage, blockbusters, and other considerations.
It does seem to be the best draw we've had for a while, it's just statistically it seems to be the hardest draw in the league again.

Honestly we play end of 2nd half and feel need diff tactics at both venues but feel might have advantage at Etihad as it's more of a home game as playing more games more that Hawks. Only MCG if can keep full fit list and prepared to run hard all day
huh?

As defending premiers we deserve the toughest fixture but it seems that once again Shitney are being looked after. 7th toughest draw for the minor premier and grand finalist. Compare that to our draw in 2013 when we were in the same boat.
What these analyses don't take into account, is where and who each team played the previous week. Check out how cushy the Swans draw is where they get easy games mostly at home before their clashes with top 6 teams, whereas, we are scheduled to play most of our games against strong opposition on the road the week before playing a top 6 team.

And the AFL don't think we'll notice pffffttttt :rolleyes:

I wonder what our rating would be if we took the Cats out of the equation (i.e. rated them middle of the road and the Bombers as well if they are banned). I have a feeling I would prefer playing the Cats twice than the Suns next year. Sydney have the Suns twice.

I think we could win all our double up games.

I'm tipping that we play Essendon seconds in round 2 and get a massive % boost that other teams who play them later won't get.
Also tipping Geelong and Syds to drop off and Port to get more than Zero injuries. Bears and Blues will be in rehab mode by the last 2 rounds so can rest a few pre finals. All good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues and Hawks play twice in rounds 18 & 23 at different venues just wondering if tactics need to be different aswell as 2 diff venues with different field dimensions

A lot will depend on whether both teams are still in finals contention after Round 17

As defending premiers we deserve the toughest fixture but it seems that once again Shitney are being looked after. 7th toughest draw for the minor premier and grand finalist. Compare that to our draw in 2013 when we were in the same boat.
Don't be fooled into thinking the fixture should be a handicapping tool.

The draft is a handicapping tool, the salary cap is a handicapping tool, the footy department tax is a handicapping tool - but the competition itself should never be used as a handicapping tool.

The aim should be to make the draw as even for all clubs as possible.

I would love the double up teams to be completely random - show it live like they used to with tatt lotto. Then structure all the times slots and scheduling around that.

Complaining because only 2 games in QLD in 7 years and one of the games we sent a bloody B team up to play.

And considering last year was the first time in years that a decent Hawthorn side came to QLD, around 40% of the crowd were Hawthorn supporters.

Blues and Hawks play twice in rounds 18 & 23 at different venues just wondering if tactics need to be different aswell as 2 diff venues with different field dimensions

About time that we finally get to play the Blues twice in one season! It's been far too long.

All in all, I'm reasonably happy with the fixture. It just has a much better 'feel' than in previous years (despite not playing in QLD).

Well, thank god the AFL finally saw sense and scheduled us at the MCG.

Twice too!
We'll have to find some way to make up the 8 goals Buddy used to kick against yous every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back