News 2015 Hawthorn Fixture (released 30 October 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight it was the tough fixture that perhaps got us the flag......again. You've got to beat the better teams to be the best.

Look at $ydney's soft fixture and easy run home, combined with a relatively easy finals campaign in comparison to Hawthorn. The Hawks were in no doubt better prepared and the results showed.

That said, I would like to see $ydney get a similarly hard fixture and see how they handle it. But following their GF win in 2012 and still given a softer fixture, I still can't see this happening,. The AFL simply won't allow it.

In hindsight it was the tough fixture that perhaps got us the flag......again. You've got to beat the better teams to be the best.

Look at $ydney's soft fixture and easy run home, combined with a relatively easy finals campaign in comparison to Hawthorn. The Hawks were in no doubt better prepared and the results showed.

That said, I would like to see $ydney get a similarly hard fixture and see how they handle it. But following their GF win in 2012 and still given a softer fixture, I still can't see this happening,. The AFL simply won't allow it.

Yes and no. My complaint wasn't so much with the teams/venues as the timing. It's quite obvious the AFL uses consecutive 6 day breaks to * us over. Just look at the away Sydney game. Monday>Sunday>Saturday>Friday>bye. In other words, they put us on a month of short breaks so the COLA Syds could win, with the bye following meaning we got no advantage of finally being on Friday (i.e. getting 7/8/9 day break). Similar happened at the end - Freo in Perth Sunday>Geelong Saturday>Collingwood (expected to be good this season) Friday>Finals.

They really are a putrid group of individuals at AFL House who handicap us in this way, but aren't man enough to admit what they're doing.

Makes it sweet as hell to wave the finger at them and say "* you, we're b2b bitches!"

I want a difficult fixture, it tests us against the best and provides us with an opportunity to play in exciting games in front of massive crowds

I don't want to see us play Melbourne, W Bulldogs, GWS and St Kilda twice its as boring as watching paint dry...
Yep I agree. Maybe not quite 2013 difficult, but I was very happy with this years fixture.

23 6 day games in a row
Only team in the comp with no bye for the season
Gerard Healy makes a voodoo doll (aka a Hawks plush toy) and sticks pins in it
Have to play with 1 arm tied behind their backs

Hawthorn still find a way to win
No bye means chance for 2 more wins. I'd take it, can play depth vs saints and demons.

23 6 day games in a row
Only team in the comp with no bye for the season

Gerard Healy makes a voodoo doll (aka a Hawks plush toy) and sticks pins in it
Have to play with 1 arm tied behind their backs

Hawthorn still find a way to win

Its part of the AFL's equalisation policy. :D:D

$ydney season bookended by two horrible losses.
You can guarantee the AFL will start ramping up the consecutive 6 day breaks for GWS to give the $wans a chance of a close tussle,in order to manufacture a rivalry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness I think we are going to get reamed hard this year, we wont play gold coast or collingwood twice as they don't match us.
Port, Sydney, Fremantle and Geelong x 2 are certainties
2 x North Melbourne will be likely and it will be played in Tassie (which is good for us).

These are the sides that finished 7-12.
Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Adelaide, Collingwood & Gold Coast.
We are most likely to get Collingwood twice and possibly West Coast (assuming we get the max 2 in the 7-12 bracket) and then Adelaide & Gold Coast away!! In all probability, we will get the draw from hell next year.

Knowing the love and appreciation we have from AFL house, I imagine we will have Sydney, Port, Geelong, Richmond & Freo twice. Would be nice to play eesendon at the MCG, and Brisbane in Brisbane, but both never seem to occur.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but bet you London to a brick that we''l have a rd.23 away game in either Perth or Qld!
& probably coming off a 6 day break to boot!
Bring it on Gilligan as Pat sang- hit us with your best shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back