Remove this Banner Ad

Big A

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2010
St Kilda
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am pretty sure n52 are the leather seats on level 2

N51/52 are good seats - just on the 50m arc if I recall correctly.

Thanks guys.
But just need clarification as to whether you can see the goals at the Punt Rd end, or whether you can only see one post from N52....as all all 4 are behind each other - if I'm explaining it right

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anybody know whether or not you can see the goals from N52 Olympic stand?
I have just requested an upgrade from Gold M15 to Kennedy N51 or N52 but feel the N52 view might be looking at the four posts in the one line.
Google Earth is your friend.
I was near the M55/M56 aisle about 1/4 way back from the front of M56 for the GF and it was exactly side on to the goals, all 4 posts in perfect line. If you follow this line back it would go through M55 and then N54 on level 2. So N51/2 would be able to see the face okay, but I imagine if you are at the back and close to N53 the angle would be starting to get tight.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got my renewal stuff in the mail today.
I'm sticking with Gold, but it was interesting that they included a Legends member leaflet which says they now get 'first allocation' GF tickets which I assume means they get the highest category seats instead of random like other years.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Thanks guys.
But just need clarification as to whether you can see the goals at the Punt Rd end, or whether you can only see one post from N52....as all all 4 are behind each other - if I'm explaining it right
I sat in Q52 for the GF so just next level up. Its right on the arc as mentioned.

If you recall when Breust kicked the goal at the start of the 4th quarter, that's the angle to goal you would have. We were right behind that kick.

It's the Buddy pocket angle.

Finley Hawk

Team Captain
May 8, 2008
NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi,
I'm currently looking at upgrading our family membership to Legends Club,
Can anyone who has Legends Club membership tell me about the pre-match clinic at the MCG? Was it worthwhile? Are the players who are about to play the game the ones who conduct the clinic etc?
Also looking for some info regarding the Inside the Huddle event - what is it like?

GrumpyOldFart

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Alex Woodward, Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2016 Hawthorn Hawks - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson and Jermaine Miller-Lewis Player Sponsor 2015 Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2014 Hawthorn Hawks - Box Hill 2013 Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Croydon Rangers
Hi,
I'm currently looking at upgrading our family membership to Legends Club,
Can anyone who has Legends Club membership tell me about the pre-match clinic at the MCG? Was it worthwhile? Are the players who are about to play the game the ones who conduct the clinic etc?
Also looking for some info regarding the Inside the Huddle event - what is it like?

G'day FH,

I have a Legend's Family membership which covers my 2 boys, 15 & 9, and my Minister for War & Finance!

My 9yo attended the pre-match clinic at the G. Neither he nor I can remember the names of the players so obviously they weren't stars - no surprise really. He enjoyed having a kick on the ground but it was nothing special TBH.

Inside the Huddle is one of those "not to be missed events". Held at the G so it's a great venue at night. Always interesting speakers eg. Clarko, Roughy, Chris Fagan. Graham Wright was terrific talking about how we manage our list. Cameron Bruce was also very good talking about player welfare. Usually have 3 speakers to cover different aspects of our club. Well worth attending.

Hope this helps.

TBH the fee is not cheap but we use the monthly payment option so don't notice it so much. However, for next season my 15yo will be charged as Youth rather than Junior so his fee will increase significantly. Might need a second mortgage when he goes up to Adult!

Despite that we think it's worth it. Happy with our reserved seats for home (N53, Row H) and replacement (Q12, Row C) games. We're all footy nuts who love the Hawks and it's been a fantastic ride. My boys have already been to 3 Grannies in their short lives (we were overseas in 08, sadly). Supporters of many other teams can only dream of that success, so we're very lucky.

Hope that helps you.

theonico

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
G'day FH,

I have a Legend's Family membership which covers my 2 boys, 15 & 9, and my Minister for War & Finance!

My 9yo attended the pre-match clinic at the G. Neither he nor I can remember the names of the players so obviously they weren't stars - no surprise really. He enjoyed having a kick on the ground but it was nothing special TBH.

Inside the Huddle is one of those "not to be missed events". Held at the G so it's a great venue at night. Always interesting speakers eg. Clarko, Roughy, Chris Fagan. Graham Wright was terrific talking about how we manage our list. Cameron Bruce was also very good talking about player welfare. Usually have 3 speakers to cover different aspects of our club. Well worth attending.

Hope this helps.

TBH the fee is not cheap but we use the monthly payment option so don't notice it so much. However, for next season my 15yo will be charged as Youth rather than Junior so his fee will increase significantly. Might need a second mortgage when he goes up to Adult!

Despite that we think it's worth it. Happy with our reserved seats for home (N53, Row H) and replacement (Q12, Row C) games. We're all footy nuts who love the Hawks and it's been a fantastic ride. My boys have already been to 3 Grannies in their short lives (we were overseas in 08, sadly). Supporters of many other teams can only dream of that success, so we're very lucky.

Hope that helps you.

theonico

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
G'day FH,

Hope this helps.

Hope that helps you.
Hi, sounds like you have a. Reserved seat for the replacement games, is that at your extra cost because I know we get an area, not a seat at the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GrumpyOldFart

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Alex Woodward, Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2016 Hawthorn Hawks - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson and Jermaine Miller-Lewis Player Sponsor 2015 Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2014 Hawthorn Hawks - Box Hill 2013 Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Croydon Rangers
Hi, sounds like you have a. Reserved seat for the replacement games, is that at your extra cost because I know we get an area, not a seat at the G.

Yes, we pay extra but it avoids the hassle of getting tickets. We're on level 4 in the Great Southern but close to the front so the seats are ok.

Sent from my mobile device.

Omega

Debutant
Mar 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm a P2 member and manged to score standing/seats to the last 3 GFs which was great. Particularly the last 2! :)
I received a note in the membership email advising I can join the Priority one mailing list. From memory I've seen comments that suggest there is a yearly fee to be placed on the waiting list. Anyone know what that is?

Finley Hawk

Team Captain
May 8, 2008
NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
G'day FH,

Hope this helps.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks it does help a bit,
Still a tough decision to upgrade though,
We currently have gold membership with seating on level 1, I understand level 2 is the more premium seating and a better position to watch the game from however my kids like being closer to the action and being able to go down to the fence at the end of the game to high 5 the players etc. and try to get a footy (they have got a couple of them over the years) , however i'm still finding it hard to justify to the missus the cost of the legends membership as it is roughly double what we pay for the gold.

Apart from the inside the huddle event and the clinic on the mcg for the kids, the only other extra benefit that I see us using from the legends membership is the new first allocation priority for grand final tickets, but i'm still not sure that it is worth paying an extra $1200 for a family membership to get that.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Still a tough decision to upgrade though,
We currently have gold membership with seating on level 1, I understand level 2 is the more premium seating and a better position to watch the game from however my kids like being closer to the action and being able to go down to the fence at the end of the game to high 5 the players etc. and try to get a footy.
I think when upgrading membership the club lets you keep your current seat if you prefer.
When I upgraded from Silver to Gold years ago I kept my silver seat because I liked it better. Not sure if they allow this for Legends.

Personally I think those top level memberships are only worth it if you have money to burn and enjoy hobnobbing with club people and other high level members.

I understand normal general admittance memberships no longer entitle you to even enter the ballet for a Grand Final ticket from next year.

For those of you who can only afford the basics and hold out for that tiny chance at a Grand Final dream... all hope is now gone.

Hawks83

Rookie
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If that is
I understand normal general admittance memberships no longer entitle you to even enter the ballet for a Grand Final ticket from next year.

For those of you who can only afford the basics and hold out for that tiny chance at a Grand Final dream... all hope is now gone.

If this is true, it will force people to upgrade or if you cannot afford upgrade, not to renew. Not a good idea.

If that is

If this is true, it will force people to upgrade or if you cannot afford upgrade, not to renew. Not a good idea.
Did any P3s get a ticket this year? If not, then nothing has really changed, other than being warned ahead that you won't get a ticket.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

But I just broke in a new pair of point shoes.....:cry:
:D

Back