2015 Hawthorn Preseason Matches Information (General Prematch Arrangements)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's early but for those that want to attend the Tassie or Shepparton games, you would want to start looking at options. Most of the information has been taken from the Hawthorn website article (linked below, I have extended in green writing where appropriate but please read the article in its entirety).

NAB Challenge ticketing information
Ticketing details for Hawthorn’s NAB Challenge matches have been released, with Hawthorn members enjoying an exclusivity period on Wednesday 28 January before tickets are released to the public. Entry to all Hawthorn NAB Challenge matches will be FREE for 2015 members*.

Member access:
Hawthorn Members with match-day access will have free general admission access to all Hawthorn NAB Challenge matches by scanning their membership card into the venue on match day, subject to capacity....

Hawthorn’s 2015 NAB Challenge fixture

Match 1 Hawthorn v Collingwood

Thursday 26 February
Aurora Stadium
7.10pm EDT
Probably a TV game for the majority as this match is in Launceston.
If you are planning to attend from interstate, get cracking with flights and accommodation to avoid disappointment.
If you live in Hobart, Tassielink or Redline may offer coach services. Please check.

Match 2 North Melbourne v Hawthorn
Sunday, 8 March
Deakin Recreation Reserve, Shepparton
4.40pm EDT
Ticket agent: Ticketek | ticketek.com.au | 132 849
IMPORTANT: Access to NAB Challenge matches is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed....
GETTING THERE
-Those wishing to attend should consider travel and accommodation arrangements early.
-See www.ptv.vic.gov.au and www.vline.com.au for help with planning your journey. You will need to purchase a V/Line ticket.
-At this point there is no public transport back on the Sunday night, so you may need to return on Monday if you don't have a car or the ability to get a lift. I'm not sure if the Hawthorn Cheer Squad will run a bus and offer to carry paying supporters.

Match 3 St Kilda v Hawthorn
Thursday, 19 March
Etihad Stadium
7.10pm EDT
I suggest you take public transport. Parking is around $30 beneath Etihad Stadium, surrounding car parks are probably $15-20. You'll need to be there early for on street parking (whatever of it may be within walking distance). -See www.ptv.vic.gov.au for help with planning your journey.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-01-21/nab-challenge-ticketing-information

Given we played the last game of 2014 and are required the play the first one of 2015, plus the fact that there are almost 6 weeks between the a Tassie game and Round 1, I can't see many/any senior players going to Tassie. The saints game on the other hand should be full on.

Last edited:
Given we played the last game of 2014 and are required the play the first one if 2015, plus the fact that there are almost 6 weeks between the a Tassie game and Round 1, I can't see many/any senior players going to Tassie. The saints game on the other hand should be full on.

I agree with you. Tassie will be about blooding the kids, much like the Shep game. I'm expecting the Saints game to be a more serious warm up.

Hoping to go up for the Shep game but given it is a Sunday and would mean a late arrival back to Melbourne, probably doubtful.

For any game at Etihad Stadium, if you're happy to take a short stroll, parking at Harbour Town (either East or West) will cost a maximum of $10.00 (for up to a maximum of 24 hours).

http://m.harbourtownmelbourne.com.au/transport.html

I know that during the footy season last year, they had a special parking rate of $5.00 from 2 or 3 hours before the game until midnight. Not sure if they'll do the same this year. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back