2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, although I could've handled it if the Kiwis played better than us on the day and been victorious. Beating India so conclusively was my highlight. Loved every ball of that game and could sit through the whole thing again if possible.
I was driving home from indoor soccer that night and heard KP pumping up how 'up' for the game Kohli was, how good and 'on' he looked his first few balls. It was magnificent to get home, walk inside and see him go out moments later

Wade was good in the tri series and his keeper has improved a lot, especially against slow bowlers, he kept very well to Ahmed in the SS this season. Although I think Neville should be ahead of him.

He was decent but I see absolutely no point. Nevill has had the best Shield season, or Whiteman if you look longer term. We need to give the next test keeper after Haddin a few International games. Giving Wade ODI's serves no purpose to this, he shouldn't ever be the test keeper again.

So what's that now? 99, 03, 07 and 15, that's pure domination, fantastic to see the Aussies win another one, were easily on paper the strongest side in the WC, we just hopes they got it all together and didn't choke, last night was a masterclass and NZ were never really in it.

We are a very good chance of winning it again in 2019 as well, most of this group will still be going. Haddin, Clarke, johnson, watson are the obvious ones that come to mind who will be retired.
Which reminds me - saw this earlier today:

Shane Warne, Rahul Dravid and Nasser Hussain were commentating during the Australia v India semi final match. By that stage of the match, it was clear that Australia would win and hence go on to meet New Zealand in the final.

Warne asked Hussain: "How do you think England will go in the 2019 World Cup?", to which Hussain replied he was confident England would do very well.

Hussain elaborated: "In 2011, the tournament was hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, and the final was between India and Sri Lanka. In 2015, the tournament is hosted by Australia and New Zealand, and the final will be between Australia and New Zealand. So since the 2019 World Cup is being hosted by the British Isles, guess who will be in the final?"

To that, Dravid made the awesome reply: "Ireland and Scotland?" :)

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I was driving home from indoor soccer that night and heard KP pumping up how 'up' for the game Kohli was, how good and 'on' he looked his first few balls. It was magnificent to get home, walk inside and see him go out moments later

I was enjoying a beer at a pub in Bangkok watching that match. There were Aussie supporters on one side of the room and Indian supporters on the other. When Kohli got out, the Indian supporters got up and left. They knew :)

Surely useless 'Paul Collingwood MBE' Doherty is well and truly gone by then too (Cameron Boyce the replacement). Just purely going off my head,

Haddin- replaced by Whiteman or Nevill (just hope it isn't wheelie bin Wade)
Clarke- Chris Lynn probably
Johnson- Cummins/Paris/Pattinson/NCN
Watson- Mitch Marsh.

They are pretty good replacements.

Finch is surely on a tightrope, especially as in England it will swing and he is hopeless against the ball that moves. You would have to consider another opener.
Your dribble about Wade never ends. Didn't see him in the shield final?? Some good keeping off the spinner but of course you will refuse to accept he's improved.

And Boyce, how about he performs first before we start putting him in the ODI side. He has 19 list A wickets with a best of 2/27...

Chris Lynn. Again would want to start performing consistently before we start talking about the national side.

Your dribble about Wade never ends. Didn't see him in the shield final?? Some good keeping off the spinner but of course you will refuse to accept he's improved.

And Boyce, how about he performs first before we start putting him in the ODI side. He has 19 list A wickets with a best of 2/27...

Chris Lynn. Again would want to start performing consistently before we start talking about the national side.

For all Wade's great series, he has a SR of 70...that is awful to say the least with 300 being about par worldwide. If anything coming in at 7 he should have a lot better SR. He is an inconsistent AT BEST keeper, good Shield final or not. Nevill does what Wade does, except he is in the top 2 actual keepers, he doesn't fluff chances.

Boyce had a decent Metrador Cup, we are talking about the ODI side here.

Shaun Marsh would be the other option to Lynn, I just prefer Lynn as he can go big a bit easier. Marsh needs time before he does that.

For all Wade's great series, he has a SR of 70...that is awful to say the least with 300 being about par worldwide. If anything coming in at 7 he should have a lot better SR. He is an inconsistent AT BEST keeper, good Shield final or not. Nevill does what Wade does, except he is in the top 2 actual keepers, he doesn't fluff chances.

Boyce had a decent Metrador Cup, we are talking about the ODI side here.

Shaun Marsh would be the other option to Lynn, I just prefer Lynn as he can go big a bit easier. Marsh needs time before he does that.
Yeah and List A is ODD for which he has a grand total of 19 wickets. Nowhere near selection.

And Nevill has a strike rate of 71 and averages less than wade, so what's your argument exactly??

Fluff chances, again you're judging him off past performances and refuse to accept he's worked on his deficiency.

In any case I wouldn't want either picked as the ODI keeper atm tbh.

And Lynn going big easier is all well and good but I don't care how they score runs to be honest and Marsh is a clearly better player and until Lynn disproves that he'll remain further back in the queue.

Yeah and List A is ODD for which he has a grand total of 19 wickets. Nowhere near selection.

And Nevill has a strike rate of 71 and averages less than wade, so what's your argument exactly??

Fluff chances, again you're judging him off past performances and refuse to accept he's worked on his deficiency.

In any case I wouldn't want either picked as the ODI keeper atm tbh.

And Lynn going big easier is all well and good but I don't care how they score runs to be honest and Marsh is a clearly better player and until Lynn disproves that he'll remain further back in the queue.

The fact is we have Haddin with lets say 12 months left, could be less for all we know. We need the ODI keeper to be the next test keeper. Wade can't be the test keeper. You say he has improved, he is still average with the gloves, with his movement being very reactionary which causes him to be very inconsistent. As a test keeper you can't drop catches period. Nevill should be the test keeper after Haddin unless they are planning to give Whiteman the job. Either one is fine personally. We need to give the next test keeper some ODI's just to give them a taste. If Nevill is the same as Wade I'd pick him in 2 seconds, as he is a cleaner keeper.

We have to look for options that are going to be there in 4 years. We could even look at replacing Finch with Shaun Marsh considering the next WC is in England where it will swing. Either way, we need to prepare for 2019, not 2016.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The fact is we have Haddin with lets say 12 months left, could be less for all we know. We need the ODI keeper to be the next test keeper. Wade can't be the test keeper. You say he has improved, he is still average with the gloves, with his movement being very reactionary which causes him to be very inconsistent. As a test keeper you can't drop catches period. Nevill should be the test keeper after Haddin unless they are planning to give Whiteman the job. Either one is fine personally. We need to give the next test keeper some ODI's just to give them a taste. If Nevill is the same as Wade I'd pick him in 2 seconds, as he is a cleaner keeper.

We have to look for options that are going to be there in 4 years. We could even look at replacing Finch with Shaun Marsh considering the next WC is in England where it will swing. Either way, we need to prepare for 2019, not 2016.
Sean marsh won't lasr 4 years.

Sean marsh won't lasr 4 years.

Shaun Marsh, and I agree. However you never know. I won't ever doubt his talent, I do have questions on his mental application but his talent is there.

Jsmoove1

Debutant
Oct 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I'm not even going to listen to your opinion, seeing as you don't even know what List A cricket is, jesus christ.
Let alone that comment about the bowlers, with that embarrassing 'stat' that you tried to prove your point with haha.
You've made some embarrassing statements in the last 2 pages of this thread, maybe brush up on your cricketing knowledge before posting again mate.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
I got really lucky and got a pic of Vettori's wicket.

DSC07242.jpg

If you're willing to ignore key things like runs and strike rates in order to justify Nevill then we might as well dust off Healy or Bacchus as the next ODI keeper.

Where does it say or has anyone said the next test keeper has to be playing ODI's. They're different formats for starters.

And that's just the thing isn't it in FC cricket Wade and Nevill are very similar in many respects but that has absolutely no bearing on ODI's where as much as you might hate to admit it, in that format Wade reigns supreme. End of.

If you're willing to ignore key things like runs and strike rates in order to justify Nevill then we might as well dust off Healy or Bacchus as the next ODI keeper.

Where does it say or has anyone said the next test keeper has to be playing ODI's. They're different formats for starters.

And that's just the thing isn't it in FC cricket Wade and Nevill are very similar in many respects but that has absolutely no bearing on ODI's where as much as you might hate to admit it, in that format Wade reigns supreme. End of.

Wade reigns supreme in ODI's...a S/R of 70 and an average of what 25 maybe 30? That is hardly going gangbusters I tell you. Nevill has similar stats...he is a better option in test cricket. He would do the same role as Wade in ODI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back