2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wade reigns supreme in ODI's...a S/R of 70 and an average of what 25 maybe 30? That is hardly going gangbusters I tell you. Nevill has similar stats...he is a better option in test cricket. He would do the same role as Wade in ODI's.
Learn to comprehend. He reigns supreme compared to Nevill in OD cricket. Neither should be selected at present. I'm just using Wade to highlight how stupid your claim is.

LOL what is so wrong about it. Haddin is right. We play AFUL cricket when we play nice. If sledging makes us bowl the way we did yesterday, bring it on. So long as the sledging doesn't cross the line of being personal.
I don't mind it but when you get a guy out it adds absolutely nothing and just shows poor sportsmanship. Also this perception that everyone needs to get smashed drunk off their faces just sends a message to the world that our cricket team culture is a bunch of bogans. Not denying I wouldnt be drinking as part of a winning team but keep it amongst your mates don't need to tell the world like warne and haddin. These clowns are supposed to be professionals

If you're willing to ignore key things like runs and strike rates in order to justify Nevill then we might as well dust off Healy or Bacchus as the next ODI keeper.

Where does it say or has anyone said the next test keeper has to be playing ODI's. They're different formats for starters.

And that's just the thing isn't it in FC cricket Wade and Nevill are very similar in many respects but that has absolutely no bearing on ODI's where as much as you might hate to admit it, in that format Wade reigns supreme. End of.

Well I'd suggest they'd want to give the new test keeper as much international experience as they can.

I mean they might decided differently but the next world cup is four years ago and the ODI team has traditionally often been used as a way to give test prospects some international experience.

Also Wade averages 22 with the bat in ODI level.

Well I'd suggest they'd want to give the new test keeper as much international experience as they can.

I mean they might decided differently but the next world cup is four years ago and the ODI team has traditionally often been used as a way to give test prospects some international experience.

Also Wade averages 22 with the bat in ODI level.
Which is roughly the same as Nevill in ODD. Hence why I've used Wade as the example.

Read my lips Nevill should not be anywhere near the ODI side. Test side is a better debate but odi side. Hell no!

Read the convo all the way. I'm not advocating Wade. I'm suggesting on form it shouldn't be Nevill.

Which is roughly the same as Nevill in ODD. Hence why I've used Wade as the example.

Read my lips Nevill should not be anywhere near the ODI side. Test side is a better debate but odi side. Hell no!

Read the convo all the way. I'm not advocating Wade. I'm suggesting on form it shouldn't be Nevill.

But the ODI world cup is four years away. We only have relatively meaningless ODI series over the next few years and whoever keeps will be batting at number 8 anyway.

So in my opinion the player we choose as our test keeper should get the run.

But the ODI world cup is four years away. We only have relatively meaningless ODI series over the next few years and whoever keeps will be batting at number 8 anyway.

And I don't see why we have to bundle it tbh. Pick the best list A keeper for ODI's the best FC for tests. It's called picking players based on form.

If Nevill gets picked based on ave around 22 and S/R around 71 then * me the selection process is all wrong!

And what happens if we give Nevill the gloves in these 'meaningless ODI series' and 3 years go by before we realise he's not the answer? We then have less than a year to bring a new ODI keeper in.

Pick on form. Simple concept. * that prepare for test match nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I don't see why we have to bundle it tbh. Pick the best list A keeper for ODI's the best FC for tests. It's called picking players based on form.

If Nevill gets picked based on ave around 22 and S/R around 71 then **** me the selection process is all wrong!

And what happens if we give Nevill the gloves in these 'meaningless ODI series' and 3 years go by before we realise he's not the answer? We then have less than a year to bring a new ODI keeper in.

Pick on form. Simple concept. **** that prepare for test match nonsense.

Nevill had the best Matador's Cup with the bat of any of the wicketkeepers.

And an average of 22 is perfectly decent for a number 8.

So Nevill is the best choice and it will ease the transition of the test team.

Wade kept and batted well in the tri series. I expect him to take the reins in the one day game.

Nevill is the front runner for the test side next summer.

Wade averaged 29 with the bat in that tri-series. Why is everyone insisting on pretending he had a great series?

He also averaged 16.8 in the Matadors Cup (compared to Nevill's average of 33).

Nevill is also the better keeper and the frontrunner for the test team.

Wade averaged 29 with the bat in that tri-series. Why is everyone insisting on pretending he had a great series?

He also averaged 16.8 in the Matadors Cup (compared to Nevill's average of 33).

Nevill is also the better keeper and the frontrunner for the test team.

When did I say he had a "great series". I said he was good with the gloves and the bat. Yes he may have only averaged 29 but he played some solid innings when we were in a bit of trouble including a 120 run partnership with Steve Smith when we were 5 for 98 chasing 268. If the selectors saw him as second in line then I can't see how that performance put him backwards.

When did I say he had a "great series". I said he was good with the gloves and the bat. Yes he may have only averaged 29 but he played some solid innings when we were in a bit of trouble including a 120 run partnership with Steve Smith when we were 5 for 98 chasing 268. If the selectors saw him as second in line then I can't see how that performance put him backwards.

Probably because they'll want to use the ODI team to help integrate the new test keeper in the squad.

Should probably disregard anything any of the starting XI say for the next 24-48 hours.

The media should leave them alone to celebrate for a while if they are so outraged. Let's face it, it happens only a couple of times a year, the rest of the time they are managed within an inch of their lives and if they stray even the slightest bit they pay for it.

You're probably right that they do this, but I don't think that means it's not a silly idea. We didn't have to give Lyon an extended run in the ODI team before he became our number 1 spinner. Pick the best players for the format.

You're probably right that they do this, but I don't think that means it's not a silly idea. We didn't have to give Lyon an extended run in the ODI team before he became our number 1 spinner. Pick the best players for the format.

We probably should have given Lyon a run in the ODI team.

And given that the keeper will bat at 8 and that the other alternative (Wade is an inferior keeper and only averages in the 20s in ODIs), Nevill is arguably the best option anyway.

It's not like there is a standout alternative that would miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back