Competition 2015 IFA Franchise Bidding (BIDS CLOSED M9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually i'm pretty sure the hilarious name for a 3rd preference so it wont get picked thing is how Andonis1997 came up with the Canberra Parliament, and now he has the most dangerous home strip in the NAFL. lolle.
It was actually my first preference from the previous season, but I had to forfeit so I used it this season.
Thanks though :D

Smartys Power and GANTY are two others who should enter.

Remember people, you'll have something like 12 weeks to create your entry once successful bids are confirmed. That's an absolute bucketload of time. Participation is what keeps this board running well.
Thanks for the tag, Ill have a think about my bids and if I will have the motivation to put a winning bid into practice now that Im back at work full time.

I'm happy to fill a spot if you need numbers...

1ST FRANCHISE CHOICE
Club Name: Tokyo Hawks
Conference: Asian
2ND FRANCHISE CHOICE
Club Name: Copenhagen Swans
Conference: European
3RD FRANCHISE CHOICE
Club Name: Dallas Longhorns
Conference: American

Great to have piemach (#cheersdylan ) and potentially GANTY on board.

To people who are worried about time constraints, you'll have something like 12 weeks to get entries together. :)

That makes 13/30 first preferences Europe/Africa now, with 11 of those being Europe.

Do the right thing HaroLad. Rejig those conferences.

Obviously in the end go with whatever you like, it's your competition, but either Dylan's NW/NE/SW/SE setup, or aligning Africa with Australia would be a good move in terms of getting people their higher preferences, which will make for a better standard of competition.

Can we get some sort of confirmation as to what is happening with the divisions? I think a change is pretty important to the fate of this competition.

There is absolutely no doubt that the quality of the competition will be improved by more people being able to use their first preference.

I'd also hope that in a competition of this scope that is positioning itself as the offseason alternative to the NAFL, there is a bit of give and take between the competition creator and the people entering. If you have high hopes for this competition, you need to be able to take on feedback from the experienced people on this board. HaroLad , you obviously clash with a lot of people on this board for whatever reason, and I feel that for a few reasons that is becoming a genuine barrier to this competition realising it's potential.

If you're really set with what you want to do with this competition and aren't prepared to move on the suggested alterations that's fine, it's ultimately your competition and you can do what you want, but i'm not sure it's right for the biggest competition running on the board (once the NAFL wraps up for the season) to be operating that way and I have concerns about committing my designs to it.

Can we get some sort of confirmation as to what is happening with the divisions? I think a change is pretty important to the fate of this competition.

There is absolutely no doubt that the quality of the competition will be improved by more people being able to use their first preference.

I'd also hope that in a competition of this scope that is positioning itself as the offseason alternative to the NAFL, there is a bit of give and take between the competition creator and the people entering. If you have high hopes for this competition, you need to be able to take on feedback from the experienced people on this board. HaroLad , you obviously clash with a lot of people on this board for whatever reason, and I feel that for a few reasons that is becoming a genuine barrier to this competition realising it's potential.

If you're really set with what you want to do with this competition and aren't prepared to move on the suggested alterations that's fine, it's ultimately your competition and you can do what you want, but i'm not sure it's right for the biggest competition running on the board (once the NAFL wraps up for the season) to be operating that way and I have concerns about committing my designs to it.
It's already been confirmed. Don't worry, I've got this sorted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last post you made on the issue was effectively saying "no, nothing will be changing"

Is that still the case?

Yeah, I'm not happy with that response.

I withdraw my bid from this competition at this stage.

Yeah, I'm not happy with that response.

I withdraw my bid from this competition at this stage.
Look mate, I'm happy that people are giving feedback but at this point it's a bit late to do so, and youre going to get your first preference anyway so it doesn't affect you at all.

Look mate, I'm happy that people are giving feedback but at this point it's a bit late to do so, and youre going to get your first preference anyway so it doesn't affect you at all.
I think the main problem he's talking about is that you:
1- Give smart arse answers most times people try to help you, thinking that they are trying to be stupid
2- Dont give anyone any information. All we know is theres two divisions and Africa gets preference. That's next to nothing. He's simply asking for more information and you reply with "it's all good"

1- Give smart arse answers most times people try to help you, thinking that they are trying to be stupid
2- Dont give anyone any information. All we know is theres two divisions and Africa gets preference. That's next to nothing. He's simply asking for more information and you reply with "it's all good"
Reminds me of that politician with the 6 points plan and he can't tell anyone the 6 points

Read the OP. What's in that is happening, and I'm only giving smart arse answers to people who are being dicks

Read the OP. What's in that is happening, and I'm only giving smart arse answers to people who are being dicks
Just updating the OP isn't always enough. People read the last comments made in the thread, and don't jump around all the time. And as I've said before, I can't see cases in this thread where people are being like that. People have made genuine ideas and questions which have been shot down for no reason

Just updating the OP isn't always enough. People read the last comments made in the thread, and don't jump around all the time. And as I've said before, I can't see cases in this thread where people are being like that. People have made genuine ideas and questions which have been shot down for no reason
Because I've already finalised must of the bids, and it's just too much effort for something that barely improves the standard.

We need to stop this crap, put a poll up for 24 hours and let the people decide. No point arguing, nothing is coming of it. The sooner this comp is up and running the better. :thumbsu:

Am I the only one who can see this falling in a s**t heap again and needing to be rescued?

#farcical
How was the last comp a heap of s**t?
We need to stop this crap, put a poll up for 24 hours and let the people decide. No point arguing, nothing is coming of it. The sooner this comp is up and running the better. :thumbsu:
I've done all the work and the logos , I already did a survey and did the most popular one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back