Competition 2015 IFA Franchise Bidding (BIDS CLOSED M9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haro you've got to get out of the insecure defensive act and just listen to the overwhelming opinion of the board.

The way I feel this competition would work the best is as the off-season NAFL, considering the format is exactly the same. What makes the NAFL good is that you hardly notice that E92 is running it, it feels like our (the board's) thing. Take notes from the way he runs things in a transparent manner and actually listens to feedback. The stubborn tone and the constant "i got this" when clearly you haven't addressed any grievances at all doesn't help me personally have any confidence in this competition.

I'm also withdrawing my bid until some reform happens. It's definitely not too late to change things, considering we have a few months until the competition begins.

How was the last comp a heap of s**t?
Doesn't the fact that someone else had to run the majority of the season give you an answer?

Tell ya what, I'll keep my bids in, but only because I want this comp to succeed and I love designing.

Doesn't the fact that someone else had to run the majority of the season give you an answer?

I'd forgotten about this but it adds more rubbish to the pile.

Tell ya what, I'll keep my bids in, but only because I want this comp to succeed and I love designing.

This is fine. As I stated in the competitions thread, I'm happy for the IFA to go ahead if it has community support. I just don't feel like I want to commit to this competition because of my concerns with how it's being run. If I get enough support in the competitions thread, i'll just run a separate league style competition concurrently and people can enter either one or both.

This is what happens when 12 year old run comps.
Volta, you're the same age as me mate.

No, not really, you could do it twice a week, and I couldn't, so, you ended up putting up the polls.
Not true. I'm 11 and could probably do better (maybe)
What the ****? Just because I've already finalised everything, and someone comes along with another idea, (which is fine), and I reject because I've already done everything and it's not that much better, suddenly I'm ruining the competition when we haven't even started? Everyone calm down, it's fine.
I'd forgotten about this but it adds more rubbish to the pile.

This is fine. As I stated in the competitions thread, I'm happy for the IFA to go ahead if it has community support. I just don't feel like I want to commit to this competition because of my concerns with how it's being run. If I get enough support in the competitions thread, i'll just run a separate league style competition concurrently and people can enter either one or both.
So you're saying that just because Africa isn't in the ASIAN conference, you're going to start a ripoff competition? If 3 or 4 people don't get their 1st preference it's not the end of the world.

So you're saying that just because Africa isn't in the ASIAN conference, you're going to start a ripoff competition? If 3 or 4 people don't get their 1st preference it's not the end of the world.

No. I have a few issues with how this competition is being run.

- The conferences thing is a factor, but your dismissive reaction to queries about it and suggestions in general is a much, much bigger factor. You've decided you want to run it your way and that's that. That's absolutely fine, I just believe things could be done better and given that we'd usually only have one major competition like this running at a given time, I don't like the idea of being locked into this or nothing. I'm sure your competition will still run just fine without me, and you're welcome to continue to use the logos I designed.

- You clearly don't get along with a significant proportion of members of the board. That doesn't matter as a general rule, you don't need to get along with anyone to be a productive member of this board, but it's a bit of a different story when you're running a major competition and need to be interacting with these people and making fair and equitable decisions. Again, it's fine if people are happy to be a part of your competition and don't feel the same way that I do.

- Compare and contrast the issues in this thread to the NAFL and NAFL reserves. Both E92 and St Mark have actively involved everyone else in decision making in order to get the best outcomes. It's a part of what makes the NAFL so brilliant as a competition. I've helped you as much as I can in this thread and in the logo thread to try to steer you in the right direction in terms of how you are running this competition. I don't believe it's worked, I don't really feel excited by this competition and i'd rather focus on something I have a bit more passion about.

This IFA VS El scorcho thing is turning into big footy's version of the ACB vs Kerry Packer. Can we please sort something out rationally? I'm not saying anyone's in the wrong but I mean, let's just get on with designing and forget about all this rubbish.

This IFA VS El scorcho thing is turning into big footy's version of the ACB vs Kerry Packer. Can we please sort something out rationally? I'm not saying anyone's in the wrong but I mean, let's just get on with designing and forget about all this rubbish.
I agree.

HaroLad, can you please tell us how this comp will work? What jumpers are we designing, how with the rounds be set out, scoring etc. Maybe if we all knew what you did people would settle down.

Also I encourage everyone who has withdrawn there bids to re-enter. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong,but compromise is the only way this will be figured out and it's not helping anything.

Now enough from me, let's get back to designing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't personally re-enter but I won't be encouraging anyone else to pull out. People can make their own decisions.

I don't see a reason why both competitions can't run concurrently and I'll probably vote regularly in the IFA.

I agree.

HaroLad, can you please tell us how this comp will work? What jumpers are we designing, how with the rounds be set out, scoring etc. Maybe if we all knew what you did people would settle down.
I'm going to post all this soon
No. I have a few issues with how this competition is being run.

- The conferences thing is a factor, but your dismissive reaction to queries about it and suggestions in general is a much, much bigger factor. You've decided you want to run it your way and that's that. That's absolutely fine, I just believe things could be done better and given that we'd usually only have one major competition like this running at a given time, I don't like the idea of being locked into this or nothing. I'm sure your competition will still run just fine without me, and you're welcome to continue to use the logos I designed.

- You clearly don't get along with a significant proportion of members of the board. That doesn't matter as a general rule, you don't need to get along with anyone to be a productive member of this board, but it's a bit of a different story when you're running a major competition and need to be interacting with these people and making fair and equitable decisions. Again, it's fine if people are happy to be a part of your competition and don't feel the same way that I do.

- Compare and contrast the issues in this thread to the NAFL and NAFL reserves. Both E92 and St Mark have actively involved everyone else in decision making in order to get the best outcomes. It's a part of what makes the NAFL so brilliant as a competition. I've helped you as much as I can in this thread and in the logo thread to try to steer you in the right direction in terms of how you are running this competition. I don't believe it's worked, I don't really feel excited by this competition and i'd rather focus on something I have a bit more passion about.
Yeah, fair enough. If anyone was making a general enquiry, and I may have responded in a way I you are unhappy with, please ask again.

Yeah, fair enough. If anyone was making a general enquiry, and I may have responded in a way I you are unhappy with, please ask again.
No point. You've scared everyone away.

What? One person out of thirty has withdrawn? Volta please.
I'm also withdrawing my bid until some reform happens. It's definitely not too late to change things, considering we have a few months until the competition begins.
I temporarily (maybe permanently) withdraw my bid.
Yeah, I'm not happy with that response.

I withdraw my bid from this competition at this stage.
Yeah, it takes a genius to count.

No point. You've scared everyone away.
C'mon mate. At least accept his apology. He just compromised, something you should do. In the end it's about designing and not trying to get one-up on someone you've probably never met before.

C'mon mate. At least accept his apology. He just compromised, something you should do. In the end it's about designing and not trying to get one-up on someone you've probably never met before.
He compromised? Did I miss something?

He compromised? Did I miss something?
Yeah you did actually. According to you HaroLad was being stubborn. Now he has asked for people to ask there enquiries again, this time with a more respectable response. It might not be to you, but in my eyes that is a compromise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back