Competition 2015 IFA Premier League & Championship Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I told you i'd get an entry in HaroLad

Obviously this is a shameless rip off of the Premier League. I've used a koala instead of a lion because it's Australian Rules Football.

SUBssCH.png

I'll probably tweak it over time but everything I enter will have the koala.

You've got that really great koala, put something original around it and make it special. Although the PL logo is tried and tested, that could be something above.

Yeah good call. I will do over the next few days.

Am I along the right lines Harolad? In regards to similar designs for each league with colour differentiating them? Anything else you'd like to see?

Am I along the right lines Harolad? In regards to similar designs for each league with colour differentiating them? Anything else you'd like to see?
Yeah you'll probably win the Premier League logo. If you're keen to win the championship too, I'd like I logo in a different style with red & blue

Yeah you'll probably win the Premier League logo. If you're keen to win the championship too, I'd like I logo in a different style with red & blue
I'll probably enter two new ones that aren't total copies of the PL logo but both will incorporate the koala to tie them together.

I'll make them different shapes etc.

Is it worth me still working on this? I've been playing around for a while. I know HaroLad said he'd be back to run this but that seems a bit of a tough ask if he's not frequenting the board.

I guess I have a few questions.

1. Does HaroLad still want to run this given his stated intention to have less involvement with this board? Don't feel pressured mate, running a competition like this takes work and a big commitment for very little reward, and IMO it's too much to ask for someone who isn't really a FJ&GD board participant.

2. If HaroLad is out, does someone want to pick up the slack and run a league style competition in the NAFL offseason?

3. If someone wants to pick up the running of this competition, would it remain the IFA or would it be rebranded?

I'm playing around with league logos and i'm not sure if it's worth me continuing while this is up in the air.

I'd volunteer to run a competition myself but i'm already doing the World Heavyweight Championship and I don't really want two major comps that require weekly work on my plate.

Actually it occurs to me that I could easily pause that competition to pick up something like this if I'm needed

Is it worth me still working on this? I've been playing around for a while. I know HaroLad said he'd be back to run this but that seems a bit of a tough ask if he's not frequenting the board.

I guess I have a few questions.

1. Does HaroLad still want to run this given his stated intention to have less involvement with this board? Don't feel pressured mate, running a competition like this takes work and a big commitment for very little reward, and IMO it's too much to ask for someone who isn't really a FJ&GD board participant.

2. If HaroLad is out, does someone want to pick up the slack and run a league style competition in the NAFL offseason?

3. If someone wants to pick up the running of this competition, would it remain the IFA or would it be rebranded?

I'm playing around with league logos and i'm not sure if it's worth me continuing while this is up in the air.

I'd volunteer to run a competition myself but i'm already doing the World Heavyweight Championship and I don't really want two major comps that require weekly work on my plate.
Yeah definitely, I'm still on BigFooty, and this will be running next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah definitely, I'm still on BigFooty, and this will be running next year.

Awesome! Good to hear.

As I said to you earlier, if you're aiming to begin as the NAFL ends, you'll probably want to kick off in mid March or so. Going on the amazing success of the NAFL, I'd recommend giving people 10 weeks or so to design after confirming bids, so you'd probably want the teams confirmed by early January which means getting the bid thread up pretty soon IMO, especially if you're looking for almost 40 teams.

2nd crack. The championship logo would have a white stroke when being used on colours other than white.

fQ7022U.png
Good job :thumbsu: Your designs will probably be used in the logo, I'll announce them in a few days.

Good job :thumbsu: Your designs will probably be used in the logo, I'll announce them in a few days.

If you need them larger they are all vector based so can go as big as you like, I can give them all to you individually as well if need be.

The logos for both the IFA Premier League & Championship are as follows. Congratulations to the designer, El_Scorcho for designing some terrific concepts. He will be granted the opportunity to bid for two franchises in the Premier League for the upcoming season. Thank you to all those who also submitted a design. The logos may be slightly changed before the competitions start.
LOGOS.png

Happy with the red HaroLad , infact I didn't read the request for the logo to be red in the OP until i'd already sent you the logos, otherwise I probably would have sent it through like that the first time.

Very happy with the opportunity to play two teams, i'll be returning my Birmingham Bears, but they'll have had a pretty significant refresh. For my second side, I might try to reimagine my club from the first couple of seasons, the Southern Vikings. Obviously the place name might have to change but the nickname will be the Vikings. I've already started a logo which i'll leak soon in this thread.

Last edited:
As promised, here is my first logo concept for the Southern Vikings, who will be reborn in the IFA this upcoming season. Where exactly they're "South" of I haven't decided, and i'll probably help HaroLad out by putting them in a location that suits whatever division he needs a team in. If he's not fussed, they're probably a good fit for Scandanavia.

Q2uw0PW.png

I borrowed very heavily stopping short of flatout tracing the old Appalachian State Mountaineers logo as I wanted to do a sort of shadowed head and face and it was the best example I could find of what I was looking to create.

appalachian-state-mountaineers-alternate-logo-primary.jpg

I'd love some feedback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back