News 2015 Indigenous Jumper Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane has just announced it's 2015 indigenous jumper (nice and early) and is already available to order on the Lions Shop website.

This limited edition guernsey was designed by local Brisbane artist Stephen Hogarth and will be worn against St Kilda at the Gabba in Round 9 on Sunday 31 May. The design shows that there are no boundaries within sport and we can work as a team to achieve common goals.

Guernsey Design: Corella - The Story
Woolloongabba was a meeting place where hundreds of indigenous people gathered for seasonal celebrations.

The guernsey design depicts Woolloongabba as a major meeting place for the area, with the Brisbane River and surrounding waterholes a great hunting ground for local indigenous people.

Corella was the name of the waterhole where the Gabba now stands – a gathering point where pathways meet, and stories and knowledge were shared. Today, people still gather to celebrate sport on these ancient grounds.

Anything with the traditional Lion on it is an improvement. Relatively speaking, it will probably go down as one of the better indigenous strips - it's a bit hard to get something that appeals to our expectations due to the "messy" nature of indigenous artwork as opposed to western styles.

F0jqQCh.png

yEuhmv5.png
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think it's a fantastic jumper.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these jumpers weren't revealed this early last year, let alone available to order to the public.

Has any other club already offered/revealed their indigenous strips?

If not, clearly this is a great commercial decision by Swann and co to bolster sales.

Thats an absolute cracker. Definitely getting one of those for my birthday this year (right near the saints game). Might even get it block mounted eventually. Hands down the best indigenous guernsey i've seen so far.

The fact that the Lion stands out so clearly and the indigenous patterns seem "contained" within the strip rather then look a mess, I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christensen and Josh McGuinness (I think) modelling the strip. Good to see some new recruits getting involved.

6lNrvXp.jpg
Bundy giving us his best blue steel impression :cool:

Great jumper, the outline on the Lion makes it really pop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back