Injury 2015 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to take what McKay / the club says at face value otherwise we're making it up, we don't the extent of the injuries, Murphy listed as 2 - 3 weeks and scheduled to play latter part of the nab challenge, its a strain not a tear....sigh here's hoping effing hate injuries

Wish it was that easy

Club have a terrible recent track record of being very off the
Money when predicting length on sidelines

Remember pre season is the prime membership drive period

It's about good news

Walker had ops in July then Dec and now Feb. surely he has not done a lot of running. This is a major set back

Why does macca insist on saying walker would be up for selection in round 1 when he'll be touch and go to be training with main group by then; let alone play any practice games?! It's not poker..

I knew it was too good to be true to start the season with a clean bill of health for our senior players.

Hopefully Kreuz, Murph and Walks all fully recover and they're ok for the upcoming year

I know that it's starts to look a little scary with Murphy Walks and Kruz on there.
But we are in a much better position this year.
At least the players with concern have done the bulk of the preseason.
I am amazed that we got anywhere near some teams last season.

I know that it's starts to look a little scary with Murphy Walks and Kruz on there.
But we are in a much better position this year.
At least the players with concern have done the bulk of the preseason.
I am amazed that we got anywhere near some teams last season.
What is wrong with Murph ? I have not seen anything to suggest he is injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's unrealistic to think that we were not going to get any concerns before the season kicked off.
Look at nearly every club they all are starting to suffer a few injuries at this time of year.

Interesting. Was listening to billy brownless talking about the cats today.
He said that there was an internal belief that they were not fit enough last year.
So this year they brought in a new fitness guru.
Billy saying that he might have pushed a few of them just over the edge.
With players like Selwood and Stevie J saying there feeling very sore and not looking like playing any Nab cup.

Only Hawthorn starts the season with a full list. Good on them, they could use a change of luck. :thumbsu:

The bad luck during last season has almost seemed to help them.
By seasons end they had almost a full list of AFL standard players that could come in and play a role.
Still doesn't change the fact that there colours are poos and wee.

Look out Hawks Birchall gone down with a meidal ligament in his knee.
There saying 4-6. It happens at every club this around this time of year

I understand that this time of year is all about membership.
But I do wish that our club would be more transparent when it comes to players and injuries.

Like last year how long was Kruz 6-8 from R1-R23.
I'm sure there is a good reason. I'd just prefer the club come out and say indefinite.
That way when I do see something like Murphy 2-3 I don't start thinking " is there more to this".

Kreuzer is our main concern as that is probably the weakest point on our list with the boys to replace him not quite up to his standard.

Murphy is a class act and also tough to replace and you want your captain out there for round 1 but not if he is carrying something. If the remainder of the on ball brigade are fit and firing I would not bring Murph back until he is 100%

Walker's performance last season was below par due to his knee, let's get it right and as with Murph if we have fit young guys to fill the void use them. Doc, Everitt, BB and Bucks can all be used off half back. If our back line can do with out him, I wouldn't mind seeing him forward as he is a reliable shot on goal when settled and I think he can take the odd grab. ;)

It would be nice to have a fit Kreuze and Walks come in at round 5-6 raring to go

Anyone who thinks the club's desire (need) to spruik good stories to cash in on the all vital pre season (NAB Cup) membership drive period, is less important than being completely honest about injuries and expected time off due to injuries, is fooling themselves.

Anyhow, I digress.
A look at the below shows we have the longest injury list right now...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list.workstation

Some team news has started to filter through but even so it is tough to determine who exactly will be running out in Navy Blue against West Coast.

We know that Rowe will be captaining the side and we have also already seen some confirmed ins and outs.

Out
Judd
Thomas
Walker
Gibbs
Henderson
Jamison
Murphy
Ellard
Foster
Giles
Kreuzer
Whiley

Macca’s player pre-season critique by guernsey number, 1-10

Bryce Gibbs – “As with ‘Marc, Bryce has been training well. The new responsibility that comes with the vice-captaincy has been great for him.”

Interesting that Gibbs isn't playing in the first NAB challenge match nor did he play in the Intra-Club match last Friday. Given that we don't have another NAB Challenge match for over 2 weeks would mean no match practice for approximately a month. That would make me somewhat suspicious that he's being more than just simply "managed" and is suffering, and/or recovering, from an "undisclosed" injury. Even if fully fit, while I wouldn't have expected he'd play in both, I would have thought he'd play in one or the other. Since you're our man on the ground HARKER, have you noticed anything that would lead you to either disregard or confirm this assertion???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back