Injury 2015 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was looking but couldn't find a consolidated injury thread for this year after seeing Caleb Daniel go down, so thought I'd kick start one to use as a reference throughout the year.

As at 23rd March (hasn't been updated since), our list was as follows:

Shane Biggs (Hamstring) - 1-2 weeks
Zaine Cordy (Shoulder) - 4-6 weeks
Nathan Hrovat (Ribs) - Test
Jason Johannisen (Concussion) - Test
Tom Liberatore (Knee) - Season
Fletcher Roberts (Groin) - Available
Clay Smith (Knee) - TBC
Easton Wood (Concussion) - Test

Add to that Caleb Daniel who's likely to miss 6 weeks of footy: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-02/young-bulldog-sidelines-for-at-least-a-month

Wood, Hrovat and Johannisen are all in the named 25 for round 1 so clearly they've passed fit.

Last edited:
I would still like to know what is going on with Hamling

didn't train last Thursday and didn't play VFL and he is not on the injury list
I wonder if maybe he just has a little niggle and he's being rested? But knowing the club, it would be in no way surprising if he had a major injury.

No reports of injuries from the Richmond game as far as I'm aware but didn't like the look of Dickson limping down the race after the match.
See the White King interview with Minno (0.55 secs).

I'm hoping it's just a bit of cramp.

No reports of injuries from the Richmond game as far as I'm aware but didn't like the look of Dickson limping down the race after the match.
See the White King interview with Minno (0.55 secs).

I'm hoping it's just a bit of cramp.
Hopefully just a bit tired from kicking so many goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of things I'd like to see...really like to see. When they put out a video on our injured players... 1. make it honest.
2. make it comprehensive. And 3., if they are going to do it as a question and answer session, for God's sake, show/play
the question as well as the answers. It is seriously frustrating trying to guess from the answer, what the question was, and
who it was pertaining to.
Come on Doggies, get your act together.

A couple of things I'd like to see...really like to see. When they put out a video on our injured players... 1. make it honest.
2. make it comprehensive. And 3., if they are going to do it as a question and answer session, for God's sake, show/play
the question as well as the answers. It is seriously frustrating trying to guess from the answer, what the question was, and

Agreed - I also find this quite frustrating

We were saying this all last year and the year before too, I think. They may have their reasons for not being candid but if they don't explain them (in a general sense at least) then they can expect to keep copping the ire of the members.
If we are their "most important asset" then stop treating us lightly.

Apparently Dal Santo had hamstring " tightness" and was a chance to play this week!
I just wish they'd cut the B/S some of these clubs, as it really doesn't serve any purpose . It in fact gives a clubs fan base a disservice

Do you like him as a mid or off the HBF fronkalicious ?
Finds the ball pretty easily in both roles and uses it well. Not completely sold on his defensive stuff just yet but he was a cheap gamble in the off-season. He'll okay plenty of senior footy for us this year IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back