Sam Darley hamstring 2 weeks
Caleb Daniel knee 3 weeks
Zaine Cordy shoulder 4 weeks
Matt Fuller quad 5 weeks
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 8 weeks
Jordan Kelly finger 8 weeks
Tom Liberatore knee season

From WB website: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/injury-news

EDIT: Ignore this post for the moment. I just noticed they have posted new reports on the website but haven't updated the injury list. :mad: Dumb.

Last edited:

Moz still 7 weeks according to afl injury update... Jeeeeeezzzzz

Interviewed at the game yesterday, his arm is still stabilized in a sling. Would be at least a month away from contact training

From the WB website:

Player Injury Duration
:)
Mitch Wallis back test
Matthew Boyd general soreness test
Sam Darley hamstring test
Lin Jong hand test
Caleb Daniel knee test
Zaine Cordy shoulder test

:(
Matt Fuller quad 3 weeks
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 6 weeks
Jordan Kelly finger 6 weeks

:cry:
Clay Smith knee season
* Injury list updated on Monday 11 May 2015

So there is some prospect of getting Wallis, Boyd and Jong back this week, while the player not listed (Stevens, corked glute) is a good chance to be right by Sunday. Thankfully it's a home game so we don't have to decide who to fly over to Perth on Friday/Sat.

No mention of Stringer but it wouldn't surprise me if they were "managing" him through matches until the bye. Doesn't seem quite right in some parts of the games he's played.

Also good to hear Darley, Daniel and Cordy are nearly ready for the VFL.

Really hope we don't make the same mistake with Daniel as we did with Smith.

Do not rush people back from knee injuries, ever. Not saying we did with Clay, but it seems like an odd situation.

yes stringer was struggling by games end. Hope he hasnt strained a quad or calf???

Hoges64 strained a quad last night, probable out for 1-2 weeks. Best add him to the list. :-(

Will still be there Sunday though. ;-)
That's the Bulldog spirit ... cede nullis!

FWIW I just looked at the injury list posted last Mon (25 May). I'm afraid I don't have much faith in what the club posts there. Disappointing.

WESTERN BULLDOGS INJURY LIST
Player Injury Duration
Matt Fuller quad 1 week
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 4 weeks
Jordan Kelly finger 4 weeks
Clay Smith knee season

No Goodes, no Jong. If they insist Jong is OK now, well who am I to argue with our medical staff, but it still wouldn't hurt to give him the week off just to be sure. We're playing lowly Frankston in the VFL, not something worth risking a re-injury or delayed recovery for.

But anyway surely Goodes (broken arm) is a genuine injury?

FWIW I just looked at the injury list posted last Mon (25 May). I'm afraid I don't have much faith in what the club posts there. Disappointing.

WESTERN BULLDOGS INJURY LIST
Player Injury Duration
Matt Fuller quad 1 week
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 4 weeks
Jordan Kelly finger 4 weeks
Clay Smith knee season

No Goodes, no Jong. If they insist Jong is OK now, well who am I to argue with our medical staff, but it still wouldn't hurt to give him the week off just to be sure. We're playing lowly Frankston in the VFL, not something worth risking a re-injury or delayed recovery for.

But anyway surely Goodes (broken arm) is a genuine injury?
Jongy's not named in the vfl, so he will definitely be resting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jongy's not named in the vfl, so he will definitely be resting.
Sensible. I wish they hadn't rushed him back. I hope this doesn't stop him recapturing the scintillating form he had earlier this year.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-06-16/big-names-in-the-mix
Western Bulldogs veteran defender Dale Morris could return for the Dogs against Brisbane this weekend, following his recovery from a pectoral injury suffered in round three.

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Graham Lowe said Morris had progressed back into full training and would be available for selection.

Matt Fuller and Jordan Kelly will both be available for selection this weekend, after they recovered from their injury setbacks.

Marcus Bontempelli and Liam Picken will both undergo tests after they missed the Dogs’ round 11 clash with Port Adelaide, with Lowe confident the pair would be available for selection.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-06-29/healthy-dogs-continue-their-run
  • No significant injury concerns from the weekend.
  • Jong's had some general soreness (adductor particularly) and has been managed accordingly. Did not give a return date, just suggested that we need to manage him to ensure that he finishes the season strongly.
  • Kelly adductor strain. Won't be out for too long.
  • Roarke Smith was managed last weekend.
  • Zaine Cordy progressing well, 2-3 weeks away.

Whats with all these abductor strains? Must be something were doing at training you'd think
Yeah, I thought the same earlier but now it is getting silly. I don't remember a single one before this season and suddenly everyone is getting on board with one.

A bloke on the Supercoach thread has said that SEN reported a few hours ago that McLean has broken his AC joint. 6-8 weeks if this is the case.

A bloke on the Supercoach thread has said that SEN reported a few hours ago that McLean has broken his AC joint. 6-8 weeks if this is the case.

That's ok. McLean is like a good two year old colt. Give him a run in the autumn to see if he is any good then put him away for the springtime when the serious stuff is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back