Injury 2015 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Bev in today's presser:
  • Because of Hamling's injury he wasn't able to train much early on. Playing VFL as they weren't sure he'd run out a full AFL game.
  • Roberts will probably play next week but they haven't decided at what level yet.
  • Roughead still 1-2 weeks away.

According to Bev in today's presser:
  • Because of Hamling's injury he wasn't able to train much early on. Playing VFL as they weren't sure he'd run out a full AFL game.
  • Roberts will probably play next week but they haven't decided at what level yet.
  • Roughead still 1-2 weeks away.

Cheers, You would suspect if they are bringing Hamling back through VFL, Roberts is likely to do similar. I'd guess Hamling will be back in the senior side next week then. At least our KPDs will be fresh for the last couple games before finals i guess.

Cheers, You would suspect if they are bringing Hamling back through VFL, Roberts is likely to do similar. I'd guess Hamling will be back in the senior side next week then. At least our KPDs will be fresh for the last couple games before finals i guess.
Bev expanded to say that Roberts has been able to train significantly more than Hamling because of the nature of the injury though. The way he spoke about the both of them, I think if they expect him to be capable of running a game out next week he'll play AFL.

Oh yeah, both back for Port would be handy. Just watched and said Toyd could be back next week also, so thats three possible changes, all talls that could come in.

Overheard Koby today at VFL saying he is hoping to be back for finals, so may not be season over after all. :)
We may have been standing next to each other at the top of the Café steps.

We may have been standing next to each other at the top of the Café steps.

Nah, i was sitting up near the coaches boxes, but he mentioned it to someone on the way off the ground after qtr time huddle. Was hoping to cross paths with him to follow it up but didn't. Still, the fact he is hopeful is positive. Would need to start running within 2 weeks to build fitness back up though if he's a chance i'd reckon.

EDIT: First ever VFL game today, great value, will definitely make more effort to get to them from now on.

I didn't see anything. Wood ran over was high-fiving the crowd and went off with everyone else normally. Not sure what you guys seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer went off the ground in the 3rd? holding his arm, looked to be a fairly serious injury. He came back on but in the last qtr was holding it again and looked to be very sore, but he played the game out.
Does anyone know what the injury was and if it is likely to keep him out for next week?

Stringer went off the ground in the 3rd? holding his arm, looked to be a fairly serious injury. He came back on but in the last qtr was holding it again and looked to be very sore, but he played the game out.
Does anyone know what the injury was and if it is likely to keep him out for next week?
Stringer definitely knows how to work the crowd! The theatrics from him were fantastic, I had my heart in my mouth when he went off

Was shocked when he came back on, looked quite serious at first. Wouldn't surprise me if he misses a couple of games from it, but saying that I've got no idea what exactly it was- fairly sure though it was to do with his elbow. Big relief when he ran back on 5 minutes after first doing it.

Yep thought the same, may just have been a corkie or something but was a little worried when he was holding it in the last qtr in the goalsquare.
Was shocked when he came back on, looked quite serious at first. Wouldn't surprise me if he misses a couple of games from it, but saying that I've got no idea what exactly it was- fairly sure though it was to do with his elbow. Big relief when he ran back on 5 minutes after first doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back