Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

An irregular heartbeat is not all that uncommon and can be brought about by an electrolyte imbalance in your blood which can happen to athletes whilst pushing themselves to the limit. It should be monitored and Cheney will probably wear a small device which will record his heart rate for a week.

An irregular heartbeat is not all that uncommon and can be brought about by an electrolyte imbalance in your blood which can happen to athletes whilst pushing themselves to the limit. It should be monitored and Cheney will probably wear a small device which will record his heart rate for a week.
I have it myself more frequently than I'd like. It's a god awful sensation and knocks me around every time it happens. Medication seems to have halved the occurrence, so I'm pretty sure Cheney'll be fine if this is the first time it's happened to him throughout the preseason.

Riley Night, torn ligaments in his ankle. Had surgery today. Out for 3 months.:thumbsdown:

Just did that recently myself along with tearing an artery in my foot. Nasty injruy and really takes a while before it feels anywhere close to normal:(

Given Reilly's injury I feel really sorry for him especially this late in his career to cop an injury that will have lifelong ramifications. I do hope that Reilly and the Club have private conversations about him coming back and trying to recover from this, and discuss the risk v reward of this ventue. The harsh cold truth is that this was going to be his final year in AFL.

Given Reilly's injury I feel really sorry for him especially this late in his career to cop an injury that will have lifelong ramifications. I do hope that Reilly and the Club have private conversations about him coming back and trying to recover from this, and discuss the risk v reward of this ventue. The harsh cold truth is that this was going to be his final year in AFL.

Wonder if the club's kept tabs on Scott Stevens, and if he can help with some info about how he's gone post-retirement.

Wonder if the club's kept tabs on Scott Stevens, and if he can help with some info about how he's gone post-retirement.
The West Australian did a story about Scott last year and I was happy to read he was doing well.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the players that wont be ready for round 1 are: Reilly, Otten, Knight, M Crouch.. have i missed anyone?
Cheney, Jacobs and Mckay should all be fine.

So the players that wont be ready for round 1 are: Reilly, Otten, Knight, M Crouch.. have i missed anyone?

Sounds about right to me. Let's hope we come out the other side of the NAB pre season comp with no further additions to that list (or major ones to speak of).

M Crouch is the biggest loss from the group. But not in a big loss that we cannot cover easily. I heard that he was meant to be fine for R1, what has changed lately? Setback?

M Crouch is the biggest loss from the group. But not in a big loss that we cannot cover easily. I heard that he was meant to be fine for R1, what has changed lately? Setback?

I thought M.Crouch would be ok to go round 1? He has lost some running time, but will just have a few less km's in the legs than the others

If he's been running for the past 2-3 weeks, we still have 40 days till our round 1 game.... no doubt he'll be fine by then

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list.workstation

ADELAIDE
Player Injury Estimated Return
Riley Knight Ankle 8-10 weeks
Andy Otten Knee 5-6 months
Brent Reilly Skull TBC
Sam Shaw Hamstring 8-10 weeks

Good news: No M. Crouch on the list.
You would have to think that this hamstring injury would be terminal for Shaw's career, given his long history of soft tissue injuries. I will be very interested to see what happens with Otten if/when he returns - will he get a contract for 2016? Probably not a question for this thread.

You would have to think that this hamstring injury would be terminal for Shaw's career, given his long history of soft tissue injuries. I will be very interested to see what happens with Otten if/when he returns - will he get a contract for 2016? Probably not a question for this thread.
The time off for Shaw relates to the surgery he had last year. You'd hope it'll save his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back