Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does that occur when planting the foot and changing direction as reported?
Could do yep , as long as there is a force sufficient enough for the tendon to avulse the bone ...that is one such example , it doesn't happen everyday but it can happen .....the no news is likely bad news I'm thinking

Agree, bad news if true. If there is a positive angle, it is better than the 12-14 weeks of a broken leg. Also with two weeks of pre-season still to run, it comes down to 4-6 weeks of season proper.

This is a much longer term problem. There is a much bigger issue here. We need to get him right and work out what is wrong. Getting him right long term is much more important than season 2015.

Would prefer we don't follow the same mistake as last year with Crouch. He had next to no preseason due to achilies surgery and then we played him for a half against Geelong and then in a full game against Port where he proceeded to break his leg and miss the next 12 rounds of football.

Hope FIVEaa are wrong.... Bad news if true. Crouch has been so unlucky with injuries!

Feel so damn sorry for him. This is a bloke that mid last year was talking about just wishing to play every game this season after injury interrupted seasons. Really hope we get to eventually see him string a full pre-season + full season together. His potential is enormous.

This is a much longer term problem. There is a much bigger issue here. We need to get him right and work out what is wrong. Getting him right long term is much more important than season 2015.

Would prefer we don't follow the same mistake as last year with Crouch. He had next to no preseason due to achilies surgery and then we played him for a half against Geelong and then in a full game against Port where he proceeded to break his leg and miss the next 12 rounds of football.

while i agree it is a concern that he keeps getting injured suffering a broken leg and a fracture in your foot are not common football injuries and more down to just bad luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crouch injury just pisses me off. Just typical that one of our best young midfielders and one of the ONLY decent picks we've gotten in the last few years happens to be injury prone. I don't usually waste my time getting angry over injuries but I'm fuming. Not at anyone in particular. It's just one of those 'shake your fist at the sky' type moments.

You think we will ever get through a preseason without losing a gun player to injury? Seriously just ******* once would be nice.

Such horseshit if true.

Club can't catch a break

Wish people would stop using this terminology. Clearly Brad Crouch has no issues catching a break. That's the whole damned problem!

Last edited:
Don't think I've ever seen a person be injury prone for broken bones before, he could just be very unlucky.

while i agree it is a concern that he keeps getting injured suffering a broken leg and a fracture in your foot are not common football injuries and more down to just bad luck.

6 bad leg injuries in 5 years is just bad luck? His two breaks - both against port - looked like very minor when they occurred. Seems like he has some real weakness in his legs. Not sure if it is an issue/weakness that is compounded through previous injuries.

brad crouch injuries since he arrived at the club.

.broken leg- vs port Adelaide R2 2014
fracture left foot- vs port Adelaide NAB challenge wk4
.Achilles- 2014 pre season injury
hamstring- injured in lead up to Carlton game R5 2013
hamstring- miss about 6-8wks in 2012

Are their any missing?

brad crouch injuries since he arrived at the club.

.broken leg- vs port Adelaide R2 2014
fracture left foot- vs port Adelaide NAB challenge wk4
.Achilles- 2014 pre season injury
hamstring- injured in lead up to Carlton game R5 2013
hamstring- miss about 6-8wks in 2012

Are their any missing?

Thats all of them. Also had a broken leg as a junior footballer.

Great news! Thompson and Kerridge announced fit to be selected for round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back