Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone shares your sentiments, I would think.
Hope the club/supporters don't put to much pressure on him to get back to what he was. Just let him do his thing.

This. No rushing him either. If all goes well, aim for 2017 round 1 at the absolute earliest. I'd be content with him personally being pain free. It will be a bonus if he can get back to playing football. I hope he comes back as frankly he is the potentially elite defender on our list.

Two things I want from the Swans. Another premiership and AJ playing again. Would be even better if both come together.
I really hope I am there for his first game back. The moment he gets his first touch would be something seriously special

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
I'm hoping AJs story is more Gary Rohan than Heath James. It will be an emotional first game back for sure.

Gee AJ was an impressive young man on Open Mike.

Having the operation later this year although that may be some time soon given the program was recorded a while back. Not sure if it will be LARS or not. They are 99% sure his knee is now clear of the infection that has been the problem with the previous reco's.

Out of contract at the end of the year but the club and his manager are talking, he seems confident something will get done. I'm wondering here whether we might try and put him on the rookie list so we can shuffle others around although we do have spare spots on the main list.

Just checked out AJ's Champion Data stats for 2012, he rated Elite for Intercept Marks and Above Average for Intercept Possessions. AJ is really missed, be wonderful for him and the team if he can make it back.
Such a gun , cross fingers

Joel Pavy

Rookie
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey Guys any work on when Mcglynn is likely to be back? Could really do with his pace running thru the middle and up fwd

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Sorry that this was closed for so long. Clearly with Robinson, Laidler, Hewitt and Heeney getting injuries of various natures last night along with Parker, this thread should of been open.

Of course there is the normal Buddy, McGlynn and Pyke fitness concerns to discuss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todays report that Buddy has a torn muscle is actually good news.

While it'll keep him out another week most likely, it's not a disc problem, which could linger for years. He should be right for finals.

While it'll keep him out another week most likely, it's not a disc problem, which could linger for years. He should be right for finals.

This is pretty good news. I have had a disc issue for ten years and have not been right since it went ping.

Whered you see that mate

Sure, it could linger, but torn muscle is way better than structural damage. Even a torn pec, which is one of the worst injuries, is a 4-6 week deal, so 1-2 more weeks seems reasonable.

Hope so

Just hope we err on side of caution

Just me or is Hanners looking like he is struggling to run of late? Groin?

Has seemed sore since the bye, maybe he is nursing something. Looks to be carrying something, I just hope it isn't OP, that can stay around for ages.

That was my concern, they must have worked out a way of preventing OP. Remember when every second player n the comp was getting it?

Yes vaguely, it is just an absolute pain to get over. Only one medicine- rest.

Has seemed sore since the bye, maybe he is nursing something. Looks to be carrying something, I just hope it isn't OP, that can stay around for ages.
He mainly seems to be injured when defending....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back