Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

That was my concern, they must have worked out a way of preventing OP. Remember when every second player n the comp was getting it?
Weird

I had this exact thought today

No one seems to get it now, before every rookie was getting struck down

Maybe OP was slang for "I had a sh*tload of coke on the weekend and need a good excuse to take some time off"...

As such, given the newly uncovered ability to use terms such as "general soreness" or "managed" instead of actually providing for an injury (such as OP) or implying their omission was due to form...

Realistically while we are still in contention the club is not going to be ending the season of players. Even if the BF consensus is we have no chance.
Understandable but I guess I would always err on the side of caution

He's 7 years to get over it right?

No, I think our clubs success came from that "never say die" attitude. As soon as we start going too conservative with certain players it'll backfire & weaken the culture & resolve of the players IMO.

Imagine you were Benny or Rohan & the coaches are saying "we really need you back" & pushing them to play. However Buddy gets the ultra conservative "don't wanna risk it". You'd feel like "hey, you don't wanna risk him but happy to play me as early into recovery as possible"

It'd just set a double standard I think our club has actively tried to prevent/diminish in the past...

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
What the club tells the players internally with respect to intentions and risk assessment is very different to ehat we as externals hear. Culture would not be affected by getting it 'right' re Buddy

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Why did Buddy play a few weeks ago when he could barely stand up? Shocking to see him in so much pain. Swannies must rest him until he's 100%. Franklin is a long term investment...
Because he wanted to be there for his mate in Goodes who had been treated like s**t starting with Hawks rats booing

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Man some posters here are pussies on behalf of other people. If Franklin feels right to play, bloody let him. These guys are injured all season long anyway.

Guys like Kirk, Goodes, Crouch etc who rack up massive consecutive game tallies don't magically avoid getting hurt - they play through pain.

Franklin'll be fine. If he passed the required tests and wants to go, he should. He had 5 scoring shots from 7 possessions in a game where he "could barely stand up".

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Man some posters here are pussies on behalf of other people. If Franklin feels right to play, bloody let him. These guys are injured all season long anyway.

Guys like Kirk, Goodes, Crouch etc who rack up massive consecutive game tallies don't magically avoid getting hurt - they play through pain.

Franklin'll be fine. If he passed the required tests and wants to go, he should. He had 5 scoring shots from 7 possessions in a game where he "could barely stand up".

Why? its proven it was a s**t call playing him against Adelaide players always wanna play look at Stokes in the 08 GF doesnt mean its the right call.

Why? its proven it was a s**t call playing him against Adelaide players always wanna play look at Stokes in the 08 GF doesnt mean its the right call.

nah bugger it tough it out, no need to manage a big investment

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
If playing through it means he'll suffer a serious, debilitating long term condition, then fine. But has that actually been suggested?

We're in the finals. We're playing for a top 4 spot. And you've got people saying to put him on ice for the year. jfc. He plays as soon as he is able to.

Last edited:
Back