Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As tempting as it is to assume the worst given his injury history, let's just wait and see re Tippett. Maybe they are telling the truth for once. :p

I saw him with a massive bandage around his knee though a few days ago on Fox Sports News.

Likewise, but given he played the intraclub match I would think this really is a new injury and one that isn't serious but one they aren't going to risk him in the NAB Challenge over. If it was Round 1 this week would be an interesting question over if he plays

I saw him with a massive bandage around his knee though a few days ago on Fox Sports News.

Tippett, or Buddy? Swansfan51 was talking about Buddy missing the Indigenous All Stars game.

As tempting as it is to assume the worst given his injury history, let's just wait and see re Tippett. Maybe they are telling the truth for once. :p

Saying he is on track for Rd 1 puts that assumption to bed don't you think ? Rd 1 2016 maybe ? Or Rd 1 NEAFL ? As if they are going to play him Rd 1 at AFL Level with a hit and giggle outing at Marrickville as his only lead in.

When it comes to Bullshitting to it's supporters over injuries to players the Swans are untouchable. Mark my words this will be another Days of Our Lives Soap Opera with Tippett sitting on his arse for an extended period and again contributing little or nothing to the season.

Over him.

Adelaide supporters welcome to contribute to the thread and laugh your arses off.:rolleyes:

He still hasn't recovered from the Carlton semi in 2013 where he first injured it.

Very good point. He was basically injury free in 2013.

cinderella man the risk recruiting him from Adelaide was his much publicized concussion issues not anything relating to knee injuries (correct me if im wrong mate)

He still hasn't recovered from the Carlton semi in 2013 where he first injured it.

Mate if you and anybody else that follows the Club are happy with what he has contributed since he has been at the Club, what he is getting payed for that contribution and what it cost to get him in terms of missing half a season through suspension then knock yourself out. It's your right to do so. Mine is to think his recruitment to the club is a vaudeville comedy.

Mate if you and anybody else that follows the Club are happy with what he has contributed since he has been at the Club, what he is getting payed for that contribution and what it cost to get him in terms of missing half a season through suspension then knock yourself out. It's your right to do so. Mine is to think his recruitment to the club is a vaudeville comedy.

What i meant was attacking the club over his recruitment based on unforeseen circumstances is a bit unfair i would be in total agreement with you if he got a head injury and was forced to retire as that's the risk we took knowing another serious concussion could force him into retirement.

But the injury with his knees is just bad luck as i dont believe dodgy knees was on his resume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issues with that, but it's a bit of a long bow to draw to say he'll contribute "little or nothing" in 2015 based on the evidence so far, in my opinion. If he has another injury-riddled season this year then by all means declare the recruitment a failure. I don't think we're at that point yet, but I accept what you are saying about his contribution relative to what it cost to get him.

Very frustrating with tippett. However the fact that he has trained the entire pre season and been playing in ruck leads me to think his knees are capable of standing up.... this latest setback could purely be a knock in a game of footy

What i meant was attacking the club over his recruitment based on unforeseen circumstances is a bit unfair i would be in total agreement with you if he got a head injury and was forced to retire as that's the risk we took knowing another serious concussion could force him into retirement.

But the injury with his knees is just bad luck as i dont believe dodgy knees was on his resume.

No but having more complaints than the Women's Hospital obviously was.

Your posts are always brain teasers :p
Not really

4 players gave enough of a s**t in the Grand Final to command a spot without question (Franklin, Kennedy, Goodes, Pyke)
2 players are co-captains

The other 16 - go for your lives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back