Injury 2015 Injury Update Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A Knee? Please elaborate and confirm it isn't an ACL which it what it sounds like...
Thats just what it said on the team sheets on the AFL website. He's looked a bit down the last few weeks. A lingering knee would explain it. Unlikely to be an ACL if it's an ongoing issue right? (Honest qstn - I don't know)

Better than it could have been. Will also give him time to get fully match fit before finals as well.
Back for the Cats game. Could see him not traveling and coming back against the Pies. Or as sub for the Cats game

Grain of salt@!!!!

McGlynn- very slight tweak, rest till break precautionary Nekminnit- 4-6 weeks

Yeah not sure what's going on with McGlynn, but apart from that the injury timeframes have been pretty reliable since Matt Cameron was banished from doing the injury reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting quite excited now that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm really hopeful that it will work this time around. He has such huge potential and is a great kid.
Completely agree. Such an unfortunate thing to happen to a player at such a young age. Hope I get to be there the day he steps back onto the field.

Am I being optomistic in thinking that if it goes well he could be training and possibly playing reserves footy early next year?

Good chance of playing this week.
AJ has no ACL so LARS it is...looking forward to tonight's Open Mike......to me he is the forgotten footballer when all of these multiple knee reco's are discussed. If he makes it back and gets close to what he produced prior to the unjury, he could be a very good in...

Gee AJ was an impressive young man on Open Mike.

Having the operation later this year although that may be some time soon given the program was recorded a while back. Not sure if it will be LARS or not. They are 99% sure his knee is now clear of the infection that has been the problem with the previous reco's.

Out of contract at the end of the year but the club and his manager are talking, he seems confident something will get done. I'm wondering here whether we might try and put him on the rookie list so we can shuffle others around although we do have spare spots on the main list.

Just checked out AJ's Champion Data stats for 2012, he rated Elite for Intercept Marks and Above Average for Intercept Possessions. AJ is really missed, be wonderful for him and the team if he can make it back.

Gee AJ was an impressive young man on Open Mike.

Having the operation later this year although that may be some time soon given the program was recorded a while back. Not sure if it will be LARS or not. They are 99% sure his knee is now clear of the infection that has been the problem with the previous reco's.

Out of contract at the end of the year but the club and his manager are talking, he seems confident something will get done. I'm wondering here whether we might try and put him on the rookie list so we can shuffle others around although we do have spare spots on the main list.

Just checked out AJ's Champion Data stats for 2012, he rated Elite for Intercept Marks and Above Average for Intercept Possessions. AJ is really missed, be wonderful for him and the team if he can make it back.

Everyone shares your sentiments, I would think.
Hope the club/supporters don't put to much pressure on him to get back to what he was. Just let him do his thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back