Injury 2015 Injury Updates thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So is Frost's injury a navicular? Is 'turf toe' the same thing? Misson should be feeling a little heat with four hamstring injuries on the list.

vandenBerg out for 3-4.
Garland broke his hand in the 1st quarter on Monday. Out indefinitely.
Salem hammy on the other leg. 4 weeks.
Kent still 4-6 weeks away.
Frost out of moon boot at end of week. 6-8 weeks.
Petracca potentially running next week.
Trengove more of the same.
Dawes and JKH to train with our VFL side.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-06-10/rd-11-injury-report-dave-misson
Vandenberg proving to be a gun recruit gone. tough grunt in the midfield has lost a bit
Garland, in his best form since 2013
Salem, missing his smooth skills and elite kicking coming out of defence
Kent, speedy and puts the pressure on in our forward half
Frost as similar to kent but he is a tall

INJURIES SUCK!

Garland out really hurts us I reckon. After a week where our defence got trounced, it won't do them good to have to adjust structures etc.

At least Grimes can come in as a straight swap. Someone else goes down and we're looking at Terlich or McKenzie coming in, or dropping Pedersen back and bringing in the Light and Saviour Dawes, etc.

So is Frost's injury a navicular? Is 'turf toe' the same thing? Misson should be feeling a little heat with four hamstring injuries on the list.
No, not the same. A navicular injury is a stress fracture of the actual navicular bone. Turf toe is a strain/sprain of the connective tissue between the bones of the foot and any one of the toes. Both can be a real nightmare for an athlete to recover from - but the navicular tends to be slower healing because of poor blood supply to the navicular bone.

No, not the same. A navicular injury is a stress fracture of the actual navicular bone. Turf toe is a strain/sprain of the connective tissue between the bones of the foot and any one of the toes. Both can be a real nightmare for an athlete to recover from - but the navicular tends to be slower healing because of poor blood supply to the navicular bone.
I cant take medical advise from you when have that avatar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury list has ballooned a bit lately.

Melbourne injury list: round 12

Jack Fitzpatrick (adductor) – test

Sam Frost (toe) – 6 weeks

Colin Garland (hand) – 1 week

Jack Grimes (thumb) – 6-8 weeks

Jayden Hunt (jaw) – 3-4 weeks

Dean Kent (hamstring) – 5-6 weeks

Ben Newton (concussion) – test

Cam Pedersen (wrist) – season

Christian Petracca (knee) – season

Christian Salem (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks

Jack Trengove (knee) – season

Aaron vandenBerg (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks

To whoever it was weeks (months?) ago who went early on Sam Frost being the new 426, I salute you. Apparently the guy's career is over, if the progress on the estimated return date is anything to go by.

What is this, eight weeks ago?

To whoever it was weeks (months?) ago who went early on Sam Frost being the new 426, I salute you. Apparently the guy's career is over, if the progress on the estimated return date is anything to go by.

I don't think I was fhe first, but I'll claim it! This is from 22 April:

Sam '628' Frost. :(

What is this, eight weeks ago?

I don't think I was fhe first, but I'll claim it! This is from 22 April:

Guess it wasn't a typo in the website link.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back