Injury 2015 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it more a numb soreness that gets worse with running?

The only hope I have is that they've actually sent him there to promote blood flow to his foot because that's what happens. Still think it would hurt like hell in a moon boot because he's meant to be off his feet as much as possible and walking around is the only way you reduce swelling on those flights.

The only hope I have is that they've actually sent him there to promote blood flow to his foot because that's what happens. Still think it would hurt like hell in a moon boot because he's meant to be off his feet as much as possible and walking around is the only way you reduce swelling on those flights.

He's been off his foot for 6 weeks and was still on crutches in the China photos. You'd hope the club was making the right decision for his recovery in flying him over there.

If Amon isn't playing every game from now until the end of the year (when fit) then it's inexplicable. If we want finals we need speed, he's got the most speed of anyone fit and is a better disposer of the ball then Mitchell. And if we are looking to next year you'd play him as well.

He's been off his foot for 6 weeks and was still on crutches in the China photos. You'd hope the club was making the right decision for his recovery in flying him over there.
Where are the photos of him in China?

He was on crutches after the North game in Rd 3. You can take off your moon boot on a flight.

Where are the photos of him in China?

He was on crutches after the North game in Rd 3. You can take off your moon boot on a flight.

I saw them on twitter. Matthew Richardson's account @mrichoPAFC

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-06-22/injury-update-round-12

AFL injury list as of Monday 22 June
Logan Austin – groin (available)
Paul Stewart – hamstring (available)
Karl Amon - calf (available)
Robbie Gray – concussion (available)
Patrick Ryder – Achilles (assess)
Matt White – hamstring (4-5 weeks)
Mason Shaw - groin (4-5 weeks)
Jared Polec – foot (5-7 weeks)*

*denotes long-term injury list

SANFL injury list as of Monday 22 June
Luke Wilson – elbow (4-6 weeks)

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r-afl-finals-run/story-fnia6ojc-1227411106953

PORT Adelaide speedster Jared Polec may still have a part to play in the Power’s tough challenge to play in September’s AFL finals.

Power coach Ken Hinkley says scans on Polec’s left foot — that has a stress point on the navicular bone — show there is improvement.

Hinkley and the Power medical staff have put off any decision on Polec for another month, after initially forecasting a season-ending call during the current AFL bye.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r-afl-finals-run/story-fnia6ojc-1227411106953

PORT Adelaide speedster Jared Polec may still have a part to play in the Power’s tough challenge to play in September’s AFL finals.

Power coach Ken Hinkley says scans on Polec’s left foot — that has a stress point on the navicular bone — show there is improvement.

Hinkley and the Power medical staff have put off any decision on Polec for another month, after initially forecasting a season-ending call during the current AFL bye.

Good news. I heard last week that the foot was on the improve. Take no risks though as he is too important to our future.

He won't play this year, Gray passed a concussion test and didn't come back on... no risks are taken these days, maybe a good news article to offer hop to supporters! Although, let's say we do get a run-on, manage to be close to a top 8 spot, throwing Polec in the side would be a dream, and if it only meant he played a few weeks he's then got the whole off-season to shape up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec risked for a run to 9th or 10th and a nothing pick. Or let him recover properly, get a decent pick we can use to try and get a KPF. No brainer here.

Stop feeding us s**t about finals are in reach. If you want to insult supporters, just hold a Players go apeshit night and charge for it.

After realising they made a mistake in letting him play on I'm sure Port will be ultra-cautious before bringing him back and won't do it too early. If he does come back this year, which I doubt given earlier comments by Ken, then I have complete faith in the medical staff. They know what is going on and are trained so our opinions don't hold the weight of theirs. There can also be problems of recovery and form caused by putting players in too much cotton wool so they will want to strike the right balance.
I would never want Port to not bring a fit player back because they might improve their draft pick, that is not the Port Adelaide way. Anyway, teams go to the draft with multiple options for the draft and we will not be in the best position of the top 5 but I would expect us to get one of our first choices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back