Injury 2015 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it would be easier to keep all the updates on the current injury list in one thread like we did last year.

Edit: As of July 21st:

Nick Riewoldt - Calf Laceration (Test)
Suffered a cut to his calf on Sunday and will be tested ahead of round 17.

Jack Billings - Shin (4-5 weeks)
Will be treated cautiously after scans revealed a stress response in his shin. Will begin running early next week.

Tom Curren - Ankle (9-10 weeks)
Broke his fibula playing VFL. Had surgery three weeks ago. Placed on the long-term injury list.

Last edited:
Thought it would be easier to keep all the updates on the current injury list in one thread like we did last year.

As of February 25th:

Arryn Siposs - Shoulder (2 months)
Underwent shoulder surgery in December after re-injuring his shoulder. Is out of a sling, recovering well, and expected to return to full training in May. He was the runner on Saturday in the intra club.

Tom Hickey - Knee (1 week)
Is back training and is a chance to be available for NAB 2

Sam Gilbert - Foot (4 weeks)
His running progression has been extended over a longer period and the fifth metatarsal stress fracture is healing well. However, heel pain in the same foot will delay his start to the season. Will return to training in late March, ruling him out of round one.

Brodie Murdoch - Back (TBC)
Is progressing on a modified program after aggravating his back.

Luke Dunstan - Ankle (1-2 weeks)
Will miss NAB 1 and be reassessed next week.

Daniel Markworth - Shoulder (1 week)
Jarred right shoulder. Will miss NAB 1 and be reassessed next week.

Jimmy Webster - Finger(4-6 weeks)
Damaged tendon in right ring finger which required surgical repair.

Tom Simpkin - Knee (1 week)
Rehab progressing well. On track to be available for selection for NAB 2

Better than expected news for Markworth. s**t news for Webster who performed so well in the intra club match.

Bitterly disappointed on Jimmy. That's really bad news. Was looking forward to him tearing it apart.

I'd love to know how many injuries Jimmy's had in the past 6 or so years. He missed a heap of footy in the 3 or so years leading up to his draft, had a bunch of injuries (or missed a bunch of games) in his first year with us and then last year he missed about half the season with an injury and now another one from the first hit-out this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an injury, but Rooey having an "indefinite" break, wise and totally understandable as it is, may mean we need to consider a short-term replacement there too. :(
He will likely be back for the NAB 3 game I think. He seems the kind of person to throw himself into work to deal with really close tragedy.

The good side of Jimmy's injury is it shouldn't effect his preparation in the scheme of fitness. I expect him to be good to go by Round 1

Disappointing to see JWebb and Dunstan added to the injury list. Hopefully both will be back and ready to go for Round 1.

Siposs 2 months, that's a much better estimate than mid-season we heard a while back. If he's back at full training by Round 4-5 it's not too bad at all.

Please don't be true..

But * sake this is panning out exactly like last year with our injuries. They all started around this time! :mad:

I did see Farren take a knock and signal to the bench at some stage...but he walked off, so lets hope it's not too bad. I spent a bit of the off season knocking Farren, but felt strangely reassured everytime he got the ball on the weekend. I must be a Faz addict.

Possible Outs:
Billings/Savage/Ray/Roberton
Possible Ins:
Sinclair/Wright/Saunders/Goddard

I did see Farren take a knock and signal to the bench at some stage...but he walked off, so lets hope it's not too bad. I spent a bit of the off season knocking Farren, but felt strangely reassured everytime he got the ball on the weekend. I must be a Faz addict.

Possible Outs:
Billings/Savage/Ray/Roberton
Possible Ins:
Sinclair/Wright/Saunders/Goddard
Last 5 minutes of the final quarter out the far side?

Looked like a thigh/calf cork if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back