2015 jumper changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't love the new range but I just bought an away guersey before they sold out so I'll wear that until they bring out a new range post 2015, with luck the collars wont look so cheap by then. I don't mind the blue though the designs are rather yuk, I do get why they've done it, fingers crossed the clash strip is a step up....

Hawthorn-1933.gif

A modern version of the mustard pot would be fine.
footyjumpers.com

Not to derail the official HFC thread but the easiest way to show disapproval of the new merchandise would be to NOT buy it at all. Granted most supporters probably will still buy the merchandise to support the club and those against it (such as the views expressed on here) may turn out to be the minority.

If they still make the AFL/Hawthorn gear (the apparel without the Adidas branding but still AFL approved and manufactured) it might be worth buying that instead as they would surely still be in brown and gold and not navy blue.

Anyone know where I might now be able to get this years away jumper with the brown back on the cheap? Rebel?

Yep, rebel would be your best bet. However none of the stores near me have any away jumpers left. It's a pretty good seller. I'm not sure what stock the club has left either as the website has been poor since the G.F.

Anyone know where I might now be able to get this years away jumper with the brown back on the cheap? Rebel?

http://www.fangear.com/hawthorn-hawks-2014-mens-official-away-guernsey-35917.phtml seem to have them.
http://shop.espn.com.au/hawthorn-hawks-2014-mens-official-away-guernsey-35917.phtml so does espn, they appear to be the same website in fact...

hawthornfc.com seems to pick them up and take them down again, they did that last month I thought I'd missed out then they appeared again so keep an eye out the website seems to be slow to change and update...

Not to derail the official HFC thread but the easiest way to show disapproval of the new merchandise would be to NOT buy it at all. Granted most supporters probably will still buy the merchandise to support the club and those against it (such as the views expressed on here) may turn out to be the minority.

If they still make the AFL/Hawthorn gear (the apparel without the Adidas branding but still AFL approved and manufactured) it might be worth buying that instead as they would surely still be in brown and gold and not navy blue.

I'm sure there'll be a downturn in profits in clothing merchandise that the club will note from public feedback to be based on dislike of the new line. Hopefully, you'd think they'll learn from that but they'll give it another go in 5 years time, in the vague hope it was the actual design and not the colours that was the problem. The agenda, based on research, is that people will wear blue as casual wear... brown not so much. Hence they're trying to push the brand as far as possible.

The new guernsey itself is just greed. They unfortunately got the design too right this year with supporters really liking the style. There's no reason to change it, but they did, simply to try and get people to buy the 2015 design to be up-to-date. Now the guernsey - the real 'face' of the club - looks a bit tacky. That's rather sad as it makes me feel like the club sold its soul a little bit for a little extra moolah.

Don't know if it's the colour reversal or Gunston's torso shape vs Hill's, but the 2015 home looks worse than the 2015 away. I can almost look at the away one.

I can't understand why the club doesn't try to take advantage of the fact that we're the only team in the comp that predominantly wears yellow/gold/whatever you want to call it.

They often make a call to supporters to wear as much gold in the crowd as possible but their product ranges don't actually help us out!

There seems to be a trend to dark colours, while gold is our colour that really stands out in the crowd. Particularly gold caps.

People, wear a gold cap. Several, if possible. Whatever else you wear - black, grey, dark chocolate, navy or vermillion - wear gold on your head.

I wore my old knitted VFL sleeveless jumper to the GF. thats coz my 2 "newer" puma jumpers have #23 on the back, and O'Brien, Dermie, Peck, and Scott didn't play that day..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the numbers worn by Hawthorn players ever, the most inappropriate would have to be 8 worn in 1925. Not because he wore 8, but because he wore it for the wrong team. His name was McCashney. Guess who he should have been playing for.

Said it after Hodge's 250th jumper was revealed online BUT if the 2015 jumper is based off the same technology having touched the jumper itself at Hawthorn HQ (it was on display on grand final week). Yhen the Hawthorn players will be harder to tackle, the material is even more slick and slippery than the old Adidas design :D.

Tried on the away jumper at Rebel sport.... it reminds me too much of a Collingwood jumper :eek:, I like the golden back, but I hate how the stripes end not even at the peak of the shoulders... The should have kept them going to the back of the shoulder.

Last edited:
Said it after Hodge's 250th jumper was revealed online BUT if the 2015 jumper is based off the same technology having touched the jumper itself at Hawthorn HQ (it was on display on grand final week). Yhen the Hawthorn players will be harder to tackle, the material is even more slick and slippery than the old Adidas design :D.

Tried on the away jumper at Rebel sport.... it reminds me too much of a Collingwood jumper :eek:, I like the golden back, but I hate how the stripes end not even at the peak of the shoulders... The should have kept them going to the back of the shoulder.

The away jumper has a gold back? Barely an away jumper at all then. That means I better hurry up and get a gold number on my current away jumper before they stop selling them. Thanks for the heads up!

The away jumper has a gold back? Barely an away jumper at all then. That means I better hurry up and get a gold number on my current away jumper before they stop selling them. Thanks for the heads up!

Sorry no the away jumper has the brown back, I did take photos and will upload them later today (going to bed shortly!) when editing my post I added my thoughts on the appearance of the home jumper.

7ai7H76.jpg
e1GdeVb.jpg
8I09r6o.jpg
WpBJufm.jpg

The only thing I like about the 2015 jumpers is the fact that there is no longer an embossed Hawks logo in hte center of the front of the jumpers so at least the brown and gold stands out without a distraction in the middle :D. They don't fit as well as the 13/14 one's do in the same size, it also looks very odd that the stripes on the front stop BEFORE the top of the shoulder (that in addition to the Adidas collar makes the Hawthorn 2015 jumper look like a migration of 2 of Collingwood's past jumpers as well as a failed experimentation jumper).

If the shirts, singlets and shorts were not Hawthorn related I would probably buy them - I mostly wear Adidas and Nike gear while out and about. The style is fine, I just think that Hawthorn merchandise should be brown and gold exclusively - I thumbed my nose as some of the 2013 premership mechandise (such as the solid white and black premiership caps... give me a brown and gold premiership cap any day!).

The fact that they are blue, grey and yellow with only a Hawthorn and occasional sponsor logo defeats the purpose of buying the merchandise to support the club....most people won't have a clue that it's Hawthorn related.

Last edited:
Sorry no the away jumper has the brown back, I did take photos and will upload them later today (going to bed shortly!) when editing my post I added my thoughts on the appearance of the home jumper.

Oh my mistake sorry mate. Thanks very much for clearing it up and for the pics.

7ai7H76.jpg
e1GdeVb.jpg
8I09r6o.jpg
WpBJufm.jpg

The only thing I like about the 2015 jumpers is the fact that there is no longer an embossed Hawks logo in hte center of the front of the jumpers so at least the brown and gold stands out without a distraction in the middle :D. They don't fit as well as the 13/14 one's do in the same size, it also looks very odd that the stripes on the front stop BEFORE the top of the shoulder (that in addition to the Adidas collar makes the Hawthorn 2015 jumper look like a migration of 2 of Collingwood's past jumpers as well as a failed experimentation jumper).

If the shirts, singlets and shorts were not Hawthorn related I would probably buy them - I mostly wear Adidas and Nike gear while out and about. The style is fine, I just think that Hawthorn merchandise should be brown and gold exclusively - I thumbed my nose as some of the 2013 premership mechandise (such as the solid white and black premiership caps... give me a brown and gold premiership cap any day!).

The fact that they are blue, grey and yellow with only a Hawthorn and occasional sponsor logo defeats the purpose of buying the merchandise to support the club....most people won't have a clue that it's Hawthorn related.
Why isn't the AFL logo gold? o_O

Why isn't the AFL logo gold? o_O

Marketing strategy 101, make supporters buy 10 versions of the same jumper throughout the year!!!!

After winning the 2013 flag we had the premiership players jumper (ie the players, norm smith medal winner, team score etc), then the 2014 home/away/clash releases, then the 25th anniversary back to back jumper, then the player names + numbers on the back of the jumper. IIRC the gold AFL logo was not released until March/April. So they probably won't be released for sale until March/April next year.

I actually really like the away jumper . It looks rich with the more Royal Brown taking precedence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back