2015 jumper changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone plans on buying a player issued jumper just be aware that for whatever size they state they are literally skin tight.

I'm pretty slim and usually wear M or S for a shirt size. Got the Hodge jumper which was a M and it is pretty tight with nothing under it. If you want to wear it over a shirt or a jumper then you'll want to get something several sizes larger.

I know that Carlton has been doing these "player authentic" guernseys for a few years now. I'm pretty sure they charge around the same price for theirs too. Not sure if any other clubs do as well. Like the players guernseys these are also being made with the same material and are a tighter fit than the regular retails. These aren't the same as the player issues that we saw for sale last year though. The player issues were only ever in the one size being intended to go to the player if they needed them. I hope that this isn't going to jack up the price of the 2014 player issues as I was hoping to get one of Cyril's if they do release them this year.

Also

View attachment 116764

This is Grant Birchalls 2013 grand final guernsey. If you look closely enough, you can see there is an imprint on this one. So not sure if was used all the time or only occasionally but it has definately been on the players guernseys.

I can see the imprint, it's funny how the imprint stands out in person and in photographs, yet on tv it's barely noticeable (that's if they indeed wore the imprinted versions on match day).

Oops I can see the gps pocket in the photo :oops:, I was going to ask if the guernsey had it.

I can see the imprint, it's funny how the imprint stands out in person and in photographs, yet on tv it's barely noticeable (that's if they indeed wore the imprinted versions on match day).

Oops I can see the gps pocket in the photo :oops:, I was going to ask if the guernsey had it.
My Birchall 2014 away jumper has the imprint as well.

If anyone plans on buying a player issued jumper just be aware that for whatever size they state they are literally skin tight.

I'm pretty slim and usually wear M or S for a shirt size. Got the Hodge jumper which was a M and it is pretty tight with nothing under it. If you want to wear it over a shirt or a jumper then you'll want to get something several sizes larger.
I'm about the same size as you and I called up the store to get them to measure the sizes. I had them measure Breust's jumper and his chest size was about 88cm. Birchall was the only one that would fit me nicely

I'm about the same size as you and I called up the store to get them to measure the sizes. I had them measure Breust's jumper and his chest size was about 88cm. Birchall was the only one that would fit me nicely
They are quite literally player issue sizes. Really minimal chances that you could grab a fist full of jumper for a tackle with these fittings.

Men over 30 should not be wearing footy jumpers!

Shoosh you 33 next week and I'll wear it when I want :D. I seldom rarely wear it out in public (most recently made an appearance on grand final week and a few times after) - that said if ever worn in public I wear a shirt under it, don't want to gross anyone out now :p.

I purchased another 13/14 away guernsey purely for something to sleep in over summer (it was cheap and I figured why not :oops:. I wasn't willing to use the other Hawthorn tops I own from 08-14 as I value them too much to wreck them as sleeping clothes).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like one that will divide opinion

Are they doing what they have done with the Adidas training gear and making the clash guernsey blue ?

Or perhaps the 2015 version of:
584556-hawthorn-diamond-jumper.jpg

Are they doing what they have done with the Adidas training gear and making the clash guernsey blue ?

Or perhaps the 2015 version of:
584556-hawthorn-diamond-jumper.jpg
There is a leaked picture of it going round at the moment. If you head over to the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design forum on here, in the New Jumpers for 2015 thread, there's a bit about it in the last few pages. I must say, it's definately different but I don't hate it. I was hoping for something a little more of a traditional design but at least it's no Cartoon Hawk!

Had a close up look at the jumpers at last week's match. What stood out most was how bright the gold is, and this was accentuated by the shine of the fabric.

Don't like the pointy ends of the stripes but in a match situation they weren't very obvious.

There is a leaked picture of it going round at the moment. If you head over to the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design forum on here, in the New Jumpers for 2015 thread, there's a bit about it in the last few pages. I must say, it's definately different but I don't hate it. I was hoping for something a little more of a traditional design but at least it's no Cartoon Hawk!
have trawled through 20 pages and can't find anything....almost giving up

edit. found mero's link

shocking jumper. looks to be more our indiginous jumper rather than the clash

Last edited:
have trawled through 20 pages and can't find anything....almost giving up

edit. found mero's link

shocking jumper. looks to be more our indiginous jumper rather than the clash
Indiginous round this year we have a home match against Gold Coast so shouldn't be wearing a white based guernsey. I reckon we will be seeing this a few times throughout the year. Much more than needed due to Hawthorns trend of wearing the Clash guernsey in games where our away guernsey clashes with the home team rather than just switching back to the home guernsey that doesn't clash.

I don't know what to think about the new one...

It's not very nice to look at. hopefully looks better out on the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back